victorioussect

Anyone had a home visit by Homeland security?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The only thing I can really say, is because of 9/11 Homeland Security has a LOT of leeway in their operations.

For whatever reason, you became someone they decided to look at. I personally wouldnt think too much of it. They can look all they want, youre not doing anything wrong, so dont let it effect you. Perhaps you can look at it like at least they had the courtesy to knock on your door and say, hey we looked at you, rather then just doing it behind your back? Either way I can understand it being offensive.

You have to understand when you invite the government into you life (by petitioning for an immigrant) Your marriage becomes their business, your personal life becomes their business, your finances become their business. This (the homeland security visit) is a consequence of that.

Again, youre not doing anything wrong, so dont let it effect you. Take comfort in the fact that Homeland Security is still very much 'on alert' and while theyre wrong in looking in your direction, at least theyre out looking.

I acknowledged them doing their job in our interview, and he was open that because of my fiances country there were questions and It was a mixed emotion at the time I am happy to see that I am not alone because this is a topic you do not see much on VJ I actually searched it before posting, as I tend to be pretty private I appreciate everything in it's place for sure at this point I am curious and You are right and I am not doing anything wrong! so Alhamdu Allah this whole process is so illusive and so you question things from every angle and of course over analyze I miss my manman and him too just want to be ahead of the game and play according to all the rules ;)

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

And his family becoming victorious depends on him getting a USC to sponsor him on a K1 visa? :blink:

ummm WHAT??? what are you talking about?? honestly your judgements are not welcome! it is a name of a store!!!!! and a screen name!!!!! it's deeper than that if you look at my timeline at this point your assumptions make you look ridiculous. You can move on and "help" someone else now.

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

Don't let the ridiculous remarks get to you my friend. Think of all the happy days ahead! Morocco here we come!

INsha Allah looking forward to it, Haters gonna hate :dance: you still in the states?

VeYjm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have seen 1 or 2 cases over the years be re-affirmed after being sent back to the states from the consulate. Most people are not contacted, some receive a notice that the application has expired, some one just posted recently (I think destiny64) that she sent a letter to withdraw the application about 1.5yrs ago as they decided to marry and file CR-1, and she just received the letter acknowledging the withdrawal. I think filing the FOIA will be beneficial to your up-coming CR-1 case. And as capri said, you have nothing to hide.

Best of Luck and Congratulations on your marriage!

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes still in the states for one more week. Leaving on the 18th inshaa Allah. Best of luck and I'll keep in touch while I'm there. I can't believe the time is almost here! Been almost five months since I saw my sweetheart!

Timeline

I have seen 1 or 2 cases over the years be re-affirmed after being sent back to the states from the consulate. Most people are not contacted, some receive a notice that the application has expired, some one just posted recently (I think destiny64) that she sent a letter to withdraw the application about 1.5yrs ago as they decided to marry and file CR-1, and she just received the letter acknowledging the withdrawal. I think filing the FOIA will be beneficial to your up-coming CR-1 case. And as capri said, you have nothing to hide.

Best of Luck and Congratulations on your marriage!

In my case I received the expired letter that is why the visit surprised me, I informed the officers of my intentions and up and coming trip to marry he kept asking me what my plans were if it were denied, I refused to acknowledge that as why would I plan for our demise strange question and of course one does with life the best they can this process is a day at a time riiight?!?! All good advice you have offered Thank you! :thumbs:

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

In my case I received the expired letter that is why the visit surprised me, I informed the officers of my intentions and up and coming trip to marry he kept asking me what my plans were if it were denied, I refused to acknowledge that as why would I plan for our demise strange question and of course one does with life the best they can this process is a day at a time riiight?!?! All good advice you have offered Thank you! :thumbs:

Wow! It wasn't clear if you received the letter or at least not when I read it, but I tend to skip words... I am very surprised then that they did that! This is the first time I have seen this discussed.... I think I just went dumb trying to think of why the government would do that after the application has been expired... but I go dumb just thinking about government stuff anyway, that and numbers. :wacko: Your welcome! I just wish I had a better answer for you.

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

INsha Allah looking forward to it, Haters gonna hate :dance: you still in the states?

Not hating on anybody! You posted asking if anyone else had a visit from DHS and I responded about what some people might think could be a red flag. If you didn't want opinions on why you might have had this visit I am not sure why you posted. I do think it would be wise to find out all you can on why they chose you for this visit as well as why your K1 didn't go through. Getting married does not guarantee that they will issue a visa later and if there is anything that needs clearing up you should do it now rather than after another denial! And uncomfortable as it might be, it is probably smart to go on here like you have and invite comments like you did. Everyone else that just reassures you and says everything is fine might make you feel warm and fuzzy but it is not helpful to your case to be lured into a false sense of complacency! If everything was OK you would not be having the problems you have encountered. It is important to figure out what those problems are so they can be fixed. Sorry I upset you and your friends here, I mean no harm, was just trying to point out what might be off-putting to the folks who have to try and prevent harm to american citizens.

Timeline

Your screen name is also the name of a Turkish Jihadist group that went into Afghanistan, so that might also explain their visit. James isn't far off.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

Not hating on anybody! You posted asking if anyone else had a visit from DHS and I responded about what some people might think could be a red flag. If you didn't want opinions on why you might have had this visit I am not sure why you posted. I do think it would be wise to find out all you can on why they chose you for this visit as well as why your K1 didn't go through. Getting married does not guarantee that they will issue a visa later and if there is anything that needs clearing up you should do it now rather than after another denial! And uncomfortable as it might be, it is probably smart to go on here like you have and invite comments like you did. Everyone else that just reassures you and says everything is fine might make you feel warm and fuzzy but it is not helpful to your case to be lured into a false sense of complacency! If everything was OK you would not be having the problems you have encountered. It is important to figure out what those problems are so they can be fixed. Sorry I upset you and your friends here, I mean no harm, was just trying to point out what might be off-putting to the folks who have to try and prevent harm to american citizens.

I am a realest myself, and welcome constructive criticism key word being constructive, I clearly welcomed your previous comments until you took it to far, it was myopic when I am seeking solutions and insight imagine yourself going through the same thing and what would play out in your mind I did not see many talking about this and thought it would be helpful as we are looking for others insight if they too have been in this similar situation. I am not interested in ego stroking, and feel most everyone has been helpful even yourself up to a point. I am getting married for all the right reasons, visa or not :luv: Taking heed to helpful advice, I mean when this happens one wants to know what it all means and if you know there are never clear answers from any of the departments it becomes a confusion hence forums like these. You give yourself much credit, no one is upset a majority just prefer to respect others individual situations. I have found the responses to be educational not warm and fuzzy :D can you please help me to understand how this comment "And his family becoming victorious depends on him getting a USC to sponsor him on a K1 visa? :blink: " was insightful or helpful and what solutions can be made from this? I welcomed the visit by DHS to have a chance for my side to be heard remember I am too a American Citizen ;)

Small minds can not comprehend big spirits

To be great, you have to be mocked, hated and misunderstood.

Stay strong!

VeYjm6.png

Timeline

Your screen name is also the name of a Turkish Jihadist group that went into Afghanistan, so that might also explain their visit. James isn't far off.

Interesting, did not know that not the intention of either me or my fiance but good to know.

VeYjm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

None of your comments were at all helpful, just judgmental. First you accuse her of being aligned with a terrorist group then you suggest her fiance is only after a green card? COME ON. I was the one who gave her the FOIA request info, which was actually helpful to her. I was not being warm and fuzzy in the least. DHS and CBP interview and debrief me every time I come back from visiting my fiance in his country - so what?? I am not doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide and they are just doing their jobs, by their own admission. She's never going to know why they came to her door. DHS will say their investigations are classified and not divulge. She can only do a FOIA request to try to glean info from consular officer notes from her fiance's interview. That's all.

For your information just because a terrorist group uses a religious phrase for their name or own benefit doesn't mean the Arabic phrase in and of itself is nefarious. For example: Ansar al-Dine means in Arabic "helpers of the religion". It has religious meaning long before some North African militants decided to co-opt it. You are out of your element posting here. While this is America and you are free to be as ignorant and bigoted as you want, people are equally free to call you out on said ignorance and bigotry.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.