AA100

I-130 Approved after Interview

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

First of all thanks to Almighty Allah/God and everyone for great support. In my previous posts I had discussed about the interview that took place yesterday 5th of March 2013. This interview was prior to the acceptance Of I-130. The interviewee was the Petitioner which was strange for me and most of the people on VJ as these kinds of interviews do not take place that often. However the interview was easy and they approved the I-130 and the petitioner was informed after the interview that they will forward the case to NVC.

Once again thanks to everyone and please share with me any formation that will be useful at the NVC stage.

Hi! Congratulations on your approval! :D

Based on the date you sent your I-130 I take it that your case was transferred as well to NBC, is that correct? Where is your local field office? Where was your interview held? Sorry if you have already mentioned these in other posts. Thank you! :)

For our full timeline, please see "About Me".

N-400

02-18-2017 - Submitted to USCIS Dallas, TX

02-25-2017 - NOA

03-05-2017 - NOA for Biometrics

03-21-2017 - Biometrics

12-21-2017 - In Line for Interview

03-05-2018 - Received text & email notifications that interview was scheduled. 

03-10-2018 - Received interview letter by mail. 

04-13-2018 - Interview

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi All,

First of all thanks to Almighty Allah/God and everyone for great support. In my previous posts I had discussed about the interview that took place yesterday 5th of March 2013. This interview was prior to the acceptance Of I-130. The interviewee was the Petitioner which was strange for me and most of the people on VJ as these kinds of interviews do not take place that often. However the interview was easy and they approved the I-130 and the petitioner was informed after the interview that they will forward the case to NVC.

Once again thanks to everyone and please share with me any formation that will be useful at the NVC stage.

Would you be kind enough to share more details, such as the questions asked? You were sure pestering us to try to find out what those questions might be BEFORE the interview. Please share what you learned.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi All,

Here is the NVC filers thread. Read Post #1 and #2.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/417050-nvc-filers-march-2013/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

What was the local USCIS office you were interviewed at?

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Would you be kind enough to share more details, such as the questions asked? You were sure pestering us to try to find out what those questions might be BEFORE the interview. Please share what you learned.

Hello Dear,

It would have been nice if you had asked poiltely and without sarcasm. There is no need for that. I would surely share all the information that I possibly could.

The interview was held at the local office in Charlotte North Carolina. They asked obvious questions and they are as follows:

They asked petitioner (I am the benficiary) general questions and they cross checked with the I-130 petition like date of birth, where and when did the marriage took place.

They asked about why the legal marriage was different to the religious wedding (Islamic Nikkah. They asked for a copy of Islamic Marital Contract. My Mrs told the wrong date of legal marriage but they did not penalise her.

They asked for my Birth certificate which she didn't have but she provided with an alternative document which is also issue by the government agency in Pakistan and is called NADRA FRC

They asked about why did I move from Pakistan to London and then London to Dubai and where do I work and What do I do?

Then my wife showed them cards that I had sent her on valentines and on her birthday (Interviewer did not ask for them but my wife voluntarily did so)

and then they said ok thats all from us do you have any question and my wife asked if they could change the embassy from USA Embassy London to USA Embassy UAE (DUBAI/ABUDHABI) and the interviewer changed it right away.

Then the interviewer said your petition is approved and I am sending your file to NVC.

Once again thanks to all and if there is any question please ask :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

Hello All,

I am his wife, and petioner. I thought it might be helpful to reiterate a couple of the things my husband mentioned earlier and go a bit more into detail since I was the one who attended the interview.

The letter I received in the mail gave me about a 2 weeks notice to prepare for the interview so I quickly gathered all the document they asked for. They asked for my passport, birth certificate, my husband's birth certificate, his passport,ans basically anything else we had sent in with the previous package.

The office we went through was in Charlotte, North Carolina. I got there about 45 minutes early but wasn't allowed to check in until about 10 minutes before my interview. I got called into the officer's office and took an oath to tell the truth. I then sat down as she opened my file. She basically went through almost the entire application and cross-checked my responses with those I had written. Name? (She asked why I had not yet taken his last name and I told her that Muslim women tend to keep their family name) Date of birth? Social security number? Date of Marriage? (My husband mentioned that I got this wrong, but that is incorrect. I gave her the date of our Islamic marriage and she then clarified and asked for the date of our legal marriage). She had a red pen and would put a check mark on the application after my respose paralleled. She then asked for my husband's birth certificate. I explained to her that he had lost it but that Pakistanis often used a BEY form or FRC (family registration certificate) to document their birth. I gave her a document that supported that information along with the FRC document.

She then asked me where my husband was living and I told her that he had recently moved to Dubai and I then asked her what the appropriate process would be to change his address. (When we filed the application, he was living in London) She was very kind and then told me that she would change the embassy location for me straight away. She crossed out London and wrote Dubai with her red pen. She then began to ask me how my husband was coping with the move to Dubai and if he had made any arrangements to work in the USA. I told her that he was in touch with the HR department at his company to get relocated to the USA once the opportunity arises. She asked if I would be willing to relocate anywhere in the USA if he were to be transferred to another state other than the one I am in. I said yes, but the plan is for us to eventually move to Texas to be with my family.

She also asked if the marriage had been consummated. She asked me if I have ever used another name and I told her that I had a Muslim name but that I had never used it in legal documents. She asked how we met? She asked me what my husband did for a living. She asked what I was studying?

She then took out her stamp and stamped APPROVED across the front of the application and then proceeded to tell me that she would forward it to the NVC that same day.

After she stamped the approval sign she asked me if I had any questions for her. I then told her that I had gotten a packet ready and was wondering if she needed to see anything from the packet. She then flipped through it and looked at our correspondence and Skype log but by this point, our application had been approved because she had already stamped it.

Basically the only things she took from me to add to the original package was my husband's FRC (served as a birth certificate) and our Islamic marriage certificate (nikkah nama).

I then went home and check the portal for USCIS and the status was now post-decision activity after the application had been approved on March 5th!

I love you Jaani. We are one step closer. Alhumdullilah!

Edited by Aoun

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.