PhDSharp

How did you submit pictures with your K1 Visa Application?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready to send my I-129F form off tomorrow (and I'll readily admit I'm nervous). My question is about how best to include photos that provide evidence of being together. I'm including 10 photos of my fiance and me together over the past 9 months. As of right now, I have all my photos in an envelop, clipped to a paper that explains they are photos that provide proof of my fiance and I being together in the past 2 years. On the back of each photo I've written:

• our names
  • the date/month/year the photo was taken (on several I couldn't recall the date, so I just wrote the month/year)
  • the place where the photo was taken (restaurant, opera house, hotel, etc.)
  • the city and country where the photo was taken

Is this good enough? Would it be better if I color copied the photos onto a 8x10 piece of paper and labeled the paper instead?

I'd love to know what some of you did.

I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for the person going through my paperwork. I figure the faster someone can ge through my application, the faster my fiance gets his visa (maybe).

Thanks for the help!

13 February 2013 - Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockerbox by Express Mail
14 February 2013 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockerbox (according to the US Postal service confirmation receipt)
19 February 2013 - Payment check pending
19 February 2013 - Received text and email confirming application had been accepted and forwarded to the Vermont Service Center

14 June 2013 - I-129F Approved (I never received a text or email notification, even though I signed up for them.)

20 June 2013 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in the mail

24 June 2013 - NVC received our application

26 June 2013 - NVC forwarded application to the consulate in Stockholm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

We included a lot of pictures of different trips I took to see my faincee in Spain, (Not sure you need that many) but we included at least some from each trip. In the back of the picture we put the same exact thing you did , Thats it , we did not attach any additional papers to the pics. Just make sure you include the cover letter and follow everything else you need to include as the advice here that is what we did.... Let me know any other questions you may have :) Good Luck!

I have just begun the process, and just received my email saying they were sending my case to the CSC today, so I don't know how well they were received, but when I did mine, I had boarding passes and itineraries of each time we met, and I included at least one photo of us together from each of these time frames with date and place written on the back. I guess I'll know if I get an RFE whether this is sufficient or not. Keeping my fingers crossed this whole time will be difficult :)

Good Luck

FILE FOR K-1 Adjustment of Status Removal of Conditions

January 31.2010 - Met Online April 10, 2014 - Mailed in I-485 + I-765 March 19, 2016 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

February 20, 2011 - Met in Person April 14, 2014 - Forms arrived at Chicago Lockbox March 23, 2016 - I-751 arrived at CSC

July 28, 2012 - Engaged April 17, 2014 - Acceptance email arrived stating case forwarded to NBC March 23, 2016 - NOA1 Date (received March 28)

February 5, 2013 - Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX April 27, 2014 - Received letter for Biometrics appointment April 20, 2016 - Biometrics scheduled (incomplete due to dry cracked skin)

February 6, 2013 - USPS Receipt/Delivered I-129F April 28, 2014 - Received Acceptance NOA1 hard copies for AOS and EAD May 13, 2016 - Walk in Biometrics Completed

February 8, 2013 - NOA1 Notice Date May 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Done September 27, 2016 - ROC Approved (Checked status via website w/receipt #)

February 11, 2013 - Bank shows check cashed today May 15, 2014 - Interview Schedule Letter (received May 17, 2014) October 6, 2016 - Card Arrived

February 11, 2013 - E-Mail Notification of Case Acceptance and June 5, 2014 - Interview Scheduled at Local office 8:15 a.m.

Case Number (Routed to California Service Center) June 11, 2014 - USCIS Status updated to show Greencard in the mail

February 12, 2013 - E Mail Notification of Alien Registration Number Change w/USPS tracking showing it scheduled to arrive

February 15, 2013 - Hard Copy NOA1 received June 14, 2014

June 5, 2013 - Email notice of RFE June 13, 2014 - GreenCard arrived

June 6, 2013 - RFE postmarked

June 10, 2013 - RFE arrived in the mail

June 11, 2013 - RFE mailed back Express USPS

June 12, 2013 - RFE received @ CSC / USCIS website updated to reflect this

June 20, 2013 - I-129F Approved

June 24, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

June 28, 2013 - NVC Assigned Case Number

July 2, 2013 - NVC shipped case to London

July 9, 2013 - London Received Case File

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 Instructions Received

July 17, 2013 - Packet 3 Forms Mailed (Except DS-2001)

July 30, 2013 - DS-2001 sent (arrived July 31)

July 30, 2013 - Medical Scheduled (and completed w/no issues)

August 5th - Medical Results Logged in

August 8th - DS-2001 Logged in

August 20, 2013 - Interview Date Set

September 17, 2013 - Interview at 8:00 a.m. (APPROVED)

Waiting for VISA...

September 25, 2013 - Visa Delivered

October 8, 2013 - POE Las Vegas, NV

October 11, 2013 - Married

October 13th - HOME

Timeline

We included a lot of pictures of different trips I took to see my faincee in Spain, (Not sure you need that many) but we included at least some from each trip. In the back of the picture we put the same exact thing you did , Thats it , we did not attach any additional papers to the pics. Just make sure you include the cover letter and follow everything else you need to include as the advice here that is what we did.... Let me know any other questions you may have :) Good Luck!

Thank you! I have 1 or 2 from each of our trips together.

I have just begun the process, and just received my email saying they were sending my case to the CSC today, so I don't know how well they were received, but when I did mine, I had boarding passes and itineraries of each time we met, and I included at least one photo of us together from each of these time frames with date and place written on the back. I guess I'll know if I get an RFE whether this is sufficient or not. Keeping my fingers crossed this whole time will be difficult :)

Good Luck

Thanks. I've included boarding passes, itineraries, baggage tickets, and passport stamps from our trips, as well as receipts from his trips to visit me. (When I'm with him he pays for everything, so I don't have receipts from my trips to Norway, unfortunately.)

Did you organize by trip or by document type? In other words, did you include pictures of you together from trip #1 with boarding passes/itineraries from trip #1? Or did you keep all of your pictures together, separate from the travel documents?

14 February 2013 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockerbox (according to the US Postal service confirmation receipt)
19 February 2013 - Received text and email confirming application had been accepted and forwarded to the Vermont Service Center

14 June 2013 - I-129F Approved (I never received a text or email notification, even though I signed up for them.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I printed about 12 pictures and labeled my pictures like you did, put them in a ziploc bag, and stapled the ziploc bag to a piece of white paper with the words "Evidence of meeting in person in the last two years and ongoing relationship" typed on it. I made sure the pictures showed us with different friends and family members on both sides. I also included a copy of passport stamps, boarding passes, flight itineraries, hotel reservations, and a work contract proving I worked in the same city as my fiance for two years. Our visa was approved without any RFEs. Good luck! :)

Edited by embord

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready to send my I-129F form off tomorrow (and I'll readily admit I'm nervous). My question is about how best to include photos that provide evidence of being together. I'm including 10 photos of my fiance and me together over the past 9 months. As of right now, I have all my photos in an envelop, clipped to a paper that explains they are photos that provide proof of my fiance and I being together in the past 2 years. On the back of each photo I've written:

• our names
  • the date/month/year the photo was taken (on several I couldn't recall the date, so I just wrote the month/year)

Is this good enough? Would it be better if I color copied the photos onto a 8x10 piece of paper and labeled the paper instead?

I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for the person going through my paperwork. I figure the faster someone can ge through my application, the faster my fiance gets his visa (maybe).

Thanks for the help!

We printed all our pictures into a collage on two 8x10 photo paper. We went to CVS (Walgreens & Wal-mart both have this service too)and the attendant at photo center inserted my thumb drive, selected all the pictures I wanted on the screen and made them into two 8x10 collage. After they were printed, I then wrote by hand the names, dates & places at the back. The advantage of this is that it fits in or slides in perfectly with all your other papers.

Good luck to you on your journey!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your input and advice!

And good luck to you as you wait, as well!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Maybe too late to this party....but...

Way back when, all our photos were from a digital camera (whose aren't?).

I had prints made at the local Walmart.

I inserted the same photos into a Word document, about four per page, and typed in a short description for each. Then onto a blank sheet, I affixed the same real photos from the Walmart Photo lab into plastic bags, with labels affixes to the backs with the same info, names, dates, etc, as was written on the first page. I placed these photos into a baggie and wrote the basic info on the back of each photo, name/date.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yeah, doesn't need to be fancy printed pictures. We did that, though. Put 4 per normal sized page. That left a space underneath each picture where handwritten names/dates+year/locations could be added(if not on the back of the pictures. I was assuming it would be faster and easier on the eyes that would look at the petition.

I liked to keep the same format for everything submitted. Passport pictures were put in a tiny bag stapled to a standard-sized paper as well, and on upper corner simply put what proof/accessories/treasures the page contained for the UScis humans.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What I did was make a print of every photo we had together, I didn't stop at 10, I buried them in photographs. All labeled with time, date, names, locations, everything but what we had for breakfast that day. I put them in chronological order in a ziplock bag, clipped to a paper in the packet I sent in. I think the total was about 45 photos :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

All of our photos were digital, so I arranged them 4-5 to a page in a Word document, which allowed me to include captions/headings.

I organized the evidence from our in-person meetings into a section called "Evidence of in-person meeting within 2 years" and then grouped all of the documentation from each trip into its own section, starting with the page(s) of photos printed on cardstock (heading: "Trip 1: <dates>", with captions on each photo listing the location, date, and people pictured). After the photo pages, I included the itinerary, boarding passes, and any receipts/bus tickets/bank statements/other transactions for that trip.

I had another separate section called "Evidence of ongoing relationship" with the phone records, emails, video chat screenshots, letters/cards, affidavits from friends, etc. but this was for a difficult embassy necessitating front-loading.

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

If you're asking for the actual process, I took from 20-30 digital pics

and used photoshop to display them on 8-1/2 x 11" sheets of plain paper

which I used the color printer at the office to run off. I had around 6-8 pics

per page, depending on how I cropped & arranged them on the page.

I'm sure some people might go to Walgreens or CVS and order a lot of

prints too - that will work as well. If I did that I would include them in a

separate envelope inside the folder of documents, with both of your names.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

• our names

Thanks for the help!

Thats also what I did, not sure if its enough or not since I haven't got my NOA2 but I believe it should be enough :thumbs: Good luck

event.png

K1 from Armenia
I-129F Sent : 2013-01-16
I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-05-21

NVC Pkg. Rcv. : 2013-06-03

Interview : 2013-07-16 (APPROVED)

US Entry : 2013-10-05

Got Married : 2013-10-15

Thank you! I have 1 or 2 from each of our trips together.

Thanks. I've included boarding passes, itineraries, baggage tickets, and passport stamps from our trips, as well as receipts from his trips to visit me. (When I'm with him he pays for everything, so I don't have receipts from my trips to Norway, unfortunately.)

Did you organize by trip or by document type? In other words, did you include pictures of you together from trip #1 with boarding passes/itineraries from trip #1? Or did you keep all of your pictures together, separate from the travel documents?

I am not the most ummmm well I'm not really a good organizer. I did the best I could, but I'm not a great example. I just basically made three envelopes, one with the forms filled out and signed, one with all our documentation (boarding passes etc.) and one with pictures (including the passport style) In each envelope I put an index sheet explaining what was in each. I used binder clips to bind the three envelopes and outside those envelopes I made a detail sheet with what was in each numbered envelope so the processor could go to whichever envelope for whatever they were looking for. I then put them all together into a larger envelope and mailed them in. So, the pictures aren't in the same envelope as the documentation, but there is a picture of us together corresponding to each documented trip and this is listed in the indexes.

I'm still very early in the process (I put them in the mail a week ago today) but I did get notification that my file was accepted and sent to the California center for Processing. Hopefully no RFE's will be required, but if they are I'll post that in these forums as well.

Best of Luck to you

FILE FOR K-1 Adjustment of Status Removal of Conditions

January 31.2010 - Met Online April 10, 2014 - Mailed in I-485 + I-765 March 19, 2016 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

February 20, 2011 - Met in Person April 14, 2014 - Forms arrived at Chicago Lockbox March 23, 2016 - I-751 arrived at CSC

July 28, 2012 - Engaged April 17, 2014 - Acceptance email arrived stating case forwarded to NBC March 23, 2016 - NOA1 Date (received March 28)

February 5, 2013 - Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX April 27, 2014 - Received letter for Biometrics appointment April 20, 2016 - Biometrics scheduled (incomplete due to dry cracked skin)

February 6, 2013 - USPS Receipt/Delivered I-129F April 28, 2014 - Received Acceptance NOA1 hard copies for AOS and EAD May 13, 2016 - Walk in Biometrics Completed

February 8, 2013 - NOA1 Notice Date May 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Done September 27, 2016 - ROC Approved (Checked status via website w/receipt #)

February 11, 2013 - Bank shows check cashed today May 15, 2014 - Interview Schedule Letter (received May 17, 2014) October 6, 2016 - Card Arrived

February 11, 2013 - E-Mail Notification of Case Acceptance and June 5, 2014 - Interview Scheduled at Local office 8:15 a.m.

Case Number (Routed to California Service Center) June 11, 2014 - USCIS Status updated to show Greencard in the mail

February 12, 2013 - E Mail Notification of Alien Registration Number Change w/USPS tracking showing it scheduled to arrive

February 15, 2013 - Hard Copy NOA1 received June 14, 2014

June 5, 2013 - Email notice of RFE June 13, 2014 - GreenCard arrived

June 6, 2013 - RFE postmarked

June 10, 2013 - RFE arrived in the mail

June 11, 2013 - RFE mailed back Express USPS

June 12, 2013 - RFE received @ CSC / USCIS website updated to reflect this

June 20, 2013 - I-129F Approved

June 24, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

June 28, 2013 - NVC Assigned Case Number

July 2, 2013 - NVC shipped case to London

July 9, 2013 - London Received Case File

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 Instructions Received

July 17, 2013 - Packet 3 Forms Mailed (Except DS-2001)

July 30, 2013 - DS-2001 sent (arrived July 31)

July 30, 2013 - Medical Scheduled (and completed w/no issues)

August 5th - Medical Results Logged in

August 8th - DS-2001 Logged in

August 20, 2013 - Interview Date Set

September 17, 2013 - Interview at 8:00 a.m. (APPROVED)

Waiting for VISA...

September 25, 2013 - Visa Delivered

October 8, 2013 - POE Las Vegas, NV

October 11, 2013 - Married

October 13th - HOME

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.