StephAnn2012

Unbelievably short Timelines

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I see the occasional post like (Approved after only 30 minutes, didn't even have time to finish the TV show I was watching) -

It makes me think about everything we have been doing so far and question it for a second. Then I realize something important to me.

I don't mean to be cynical, just skeptical. The timing of these rare cases is always bizarrely fast and lacking in substantive details. Although this could actually have happened in 66 days or 30 minutes, I tend to think that it is highly unlikely that someone could circumnavigate through a bureaucracy as thick as USCIS and get approved before all other applications that are ahead of them by many months.

Unless there is a life threatening causative event or unless their last name is Obama, it is just too good to be true and I suspect that there are those who join and post here, the ridiculous so that others will get even more frustrated than they already are.

Even if it is true, (congratulations, I'm jealous) - I look at the timelines of all the 2500 or so people who have documented their journeys here and 99.0% have journeys that are taking 180+ days to get to NOA2 -

I choose to think that the smarter thinking on my part is to trust the information of the 99% and put little stock in the fast and furious -

Now if the OP could tell us what they did that caused their paperwork to defy the laws of physics, that would be truly useful information. But as for me, I think the majority here are smart, judicious and for the most part have done our homework and accept the fact that God is Great and government is crazy.

event.png

were-getting-married-1.gif

Have you ever had a desk piled high with stuff you have to do, and you don't know where to start, and then someone comes along and hands you another pile? You could react three ways. You could say, "What the hell are you doing, you fool, look at all this ####### I have to do!" Or you could say, "Put it over there and I'll get to it when I get to it." Or, you could do like I've known myself and other people I work with to do, and say, "OK, fine, to hell with this stuff that's making me crazy; I'll work on this new stuff that hasn't had time to stress me out yet." USCIS doesn't have the luxury of doing the first thing. They usually do the second thing. But sometimes I think they do the third thing.

If I make myself insane enough to try to think like a bureaucrat, the thought comes to me that processing a few files extra super fast brings down the average time it takes me to do a file. So if things start getting out of whack and I look unproductive, whammo, a few files with skid marks on the back from where they landed when they flew outta here should bring my numbers back into line!! :rofl:

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

If I make myself insane enough to try to think like a bureaucrat, the thought comes to me that processing a few files extra super fast brings down the average time it takes me to do a file. So if things start getting out of whack and I look unproductive, whammo, a few files with skid marks on the back from where they landed when they flew outta here should bring my numbers back into line!! :rofl:

I have officially spent too much time in Corporate America. :bonk:

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you ever had a desk piled high with stuff you have to do, and you don't know where to start, and then someone comes along and hands you another pile? You could react three ways. You could say, "What the hell are you doing, you fool, look at all this ####### I have to do!" Or you could say, "Put it over there and I'll get to it when I get to it." Or, you could do like I've known myself and other people I work with to do, and say, "OK, fine, to hell with this stuff that's making me crazy; I'll work on this new stuff that hasn't had time to stress me out yet." USCIS doesn't have the luxury of doing the first thing. They usually do the second thing. But sometimes I think they do the third thing.

This describes my job

oldlady.gif

:rofl:

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's a conspiracy I say :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
:lol: thanks for the comic relief!
Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

When I see the occasional post like (Approved after only 30 minutes, didn't even have time to finish the TV show I was watching) -

It makes me think about everything we have been doing so far and question it for a second. Then I realize something important to me.

I don't mean to be cynical, just skeptical. The timing of these rare cases is always bizarrely fast and lacking in substantive details. Although this could actually have happened in 66 days or 30 minutes, I tend to think that it is highly unlikely that someone could circumnavigate through a bureaucracy as thick as USCIS and get approved before all other applications that are ahead of them by many months.

Unless there is a life threatening causative event or unless their last name is Obama, it is just too good to be true and I suspect that there are those who join and post here, the ridiculous so that others will get even more frustrated than they already are.

Even if it is true, (congratulations, I'm jealous) - I look at the timelines of all the 2500 or so people who have documented their journeys here and 99.0% have journeys that are taking 180+ days to get to NOA2 -

I choose to think that the smarter thinking on my part is to trust the information of the 99% and put little stock in the fast and furious -

Now if the OP could tell us what they did that caused their paperwork to defy the laws of physics, that would be truly useful information. But as for me, I think the majority here are smart, judicious and for the most part have done our homework and accept the fact that God is Great and government is crazy.

Since this was about me I will answer it again. I have said before I think they sometimes just grab a file and stamp it approved. I'm glad this time it was mine.

There was nothing special about our paper work. I didn't file from abroad. There was no expedite. We had only met in person one time. This was during a 2 week trip I took there. And during this time we got married. I have just the normal things that are suggested you put. Flight receipts and details, Hotel receipts, 20 pictures of us together and with his family, 25 pages of chat records between the 2 of us plus another 5 between me and my son while I was in Turkey. 7 Affidavits from family and friends saying our marriage is real. Like I said nothing special..

And the night before I was approved my lawyer had sent an email that the USCIS was still moving slow and to be ready for a 5 mo wait. So were we all shocked. My husband even asked if I was sure that they didn't email us by mistake. He had to go online and look himself and asked me how this happened. This just shows that there is no true system at the USCIS. And I feel bad for those's waiting 5 mo and more. And I am not the 1st person from Dec to be approved. And there have been people approved in less time than me. I will also admit I have questioned a few people post too.

I am just happy my husband is closer to being here with me.

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

Since this was about me I will answer it again. I have said before I think they sometimes just grab a file and stamp it approved. I'm glad this time it was mine.

There was nothing special about our paper work. I didn't file from abroad. There was no expedite. We had only met in person one time. This was during a 2 week trip I took there. And during this time we got married. I have just the normal things that are suggested you put. Flight receipts and details, Hotel receipts, 20 pictures of us together and with his family, 25 pages of chat records between the 2 of us plus another 5 between me and my son while I was in Turkey. 7 Affidavits from family and friends saying our marriage is real. Like I said nothing special..

And the night before I was approved my lawyer had sent an email that the USCIS was still moving slow and to be ready for a 5 mo wait. So were we all shocked. My husband even asked if I was sure that they didn't email us by mistake. He had to go online and look himself and asked me how this happened. This just shows that there is no true system at the USCIS. And I feel bad for those's waiting 5 mo and more. And I am not the 1st person from Dec to be approved. And there have been people approved in less time than me. I will also admit I have questioned a few people post too.

I am just happy my husband is closer to being here with me.

It wasn’t necessarily about you. There have been some Field Office’s approving blindingly fast and some that haven’t even started processing the files sent to them in August. Yours isn’t even the shortest timeline I’ve seen recently.

IMO, It’s the inconsistencies right now that has VJ members flustered and frustrated. I’ve seen members post that they feel guilty that they were approved when others who filed long before them haven’t been.

I personally would like to see rules consistently applied and to see files approved within a reasonable amount of time so we all get to be with our significant others.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

It wasn’t necessarily about you. There have been some Field Office’s approving blindingly fast and some that haven’t even started processing the files sent to them in August. Yours isn’t even the shortest timeline I’ve seen recently.

IMO, It’s the inconsistencies right now that has VJ members flustered and frustrated. I’ve seen members post that they feel guilty that they were approved when others who filed long before them haven’t been.

I personally would like to see rules consistently applied and to see files approved within a reasonable amount of time so we all get to be with our significant others.

I agree the rules should be applied consistently. And I was ready for a 5 mo wait. And it's true while at the same time you're happy that you're approved you feel bad because others have been waiting longer than you. I know that there are still people on here waiting from June. But the system is to blame not the people getting approved. It's not like I sent $1000 attached to my file with a note saying "PLEASE APPROVE ASAP"

USCIS - 66 days ROC - 139 days from sent to approved
12/3/2012 - I-130 delivered to Chicago 5/20/15: mailed I-751 package to California office
12/4/2012 - NOA1 NBC (Missouri Service Center MSC) 5/22/15: Date on NOA1
12/6/2012 - Check cashed 8/26/15: Bio appointment

12/8/2012 - Received paper NOA1 10/06/15: Received Email card was being processed
12/20/2012 - Case number showed up on USCIS website
1/29/2013 - Called USCIS and case is still at NBC
2/8/2013 - Received an Email that we were approved on 2/7/13
3/5/2013 - Told file may have been "misplaced" to email NOA2 to NCVresearch
3/7/2013 - ISO at the USCIS opened a service request to try to track down
if and when the file was shipped. Should hear something before 3/26 ( so she said)

NVC - 119 days NVC to Visa in hand
03/11/2013: NVC received (31 days from NOA2 at USCIS till received at NVC )
03/25/2013: NVC Case no. assigned
03/27/2013: Paid AOS fee (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: AOS Sent
03/27/2013: Received IV Bill
03/27/2013: Paid IV Bill (shows paid 3/29/13)
04/01/2013: Sent IV Packet
04/02/2013:IV Packet Delivered
04/16/2013: Case Complete (37 days from received to case complete)
04/16/2013: Received Case Complete Email

05/13/2013: NVC status "In Transit"

051/20/2013: NVC status "Ready"
06/24/2013: Interview date - Orange card... wanted copy of USC passport

07/08/2013: Visa received in the mail

08/03/2013: POE

1XJBm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There was nothing special about our paper work. I didn't file from abroad. There was no expedite. We had only met in person one time. This was during a 2 week trip I took there. And during this time we got married.

This is in no way directed at you because it isn't obviously your fault and it is just a joyous thing for you, but

:cry2::girlwerewolf2xn::cry::crying::sleepy::angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :(:huh:

:diablo:

It is definitely random, there just can't be any other explanation.

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Randomness FTL for some and FTW for others ;)

PS. I hate you sometimes auto correct.

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not entirely clear on what it is you're saying? Are you saying you don't believe that some have actually been approved this fast (mine would be one of them). When you say "Even if it is true) what does that mean?

USCIS - 40 DAYS
2012-10-30: FedEx delivered I-130 to Chicago Lockbox Mail Room
2012-11-01: NOA1 by email - MSC
2012-11-02: $420 (x3) debited from our account
2012-11-05: NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 2012-10-30
2012-12-11: NOA2

NVC - 26 DAYS
2013-01-02: Rec'd case#, IIN, BIN & OPTIN emails for EP sent
2013-01-03: Submitted DS-261 (x3)
2013-01-07: AOS bills invoiced and paid & OPTIN for EP accepted for each of us
2013-01-08: AOS bills appear as paid & AOS packages sent by email
2013-01-08: IV bill invoiced & paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV bill appears as paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (kids only)
2013-01-11: AOS received -notified by email
2013-01-11: IV bill invoiced & paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV bill appears as paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV Supporting Docs received for kids - notified by email
2013-01-14: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (me only)
2013-01-18: IV Supporting Docs received for me - notified by email
2013-01-18: Son#1 CASE COMPLETE - Son#2 checklist - saying $ on I-864 don't match tax return (but they do)-resubmitted
2013-01-23: AOS 2nd submission for Son #2 received - notified by email
2013-01-25: My CASE COMPLETE
2013-01-28: ALL 3 OF OUR CASES ARE NOW COMPLETE
2013-02-06: Packet 4 Received by email

MEDICAL ~ CONSULATE ~ POE REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 160 DAYS NATURALIZATION
2013-02-13: Medicals 2014-12-17: Delivered to California Lockbox 2015-12-15: Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox
2013-03-06: Interview 2014-12-19: 1 I-751 + 3 Biometrics Fees debited from our account 2015-12-16: Fees charged to Credit Card
2013-03-08: Visas in-hand 2014-12-22: Received NOA1 by mail. Receipt Date: 2014-12-17 2015-12-17: NOA
2013-03-12: Paid USCIS Immigrant Fee 2014-12-24: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter 2016-01-02: Biometrics Letter 2016-01-11: Biometrics
2013-03-14: POE 2015-01-06: Biometrics 2016-02-15: In Line for Interview 2016-02-19: Letter
2013-03-25: SSNs arrived 2015-05-27: Approved 2016-03-22: Interview
2013-04-01: Green Cards arrived 2015-06-03: New Green Cards arrived 2016-04-15: Oath Ceremony

Although I found your post highly amusing I also found a hint of, to put it in the easiest way possible, jealously.

Our petition was approved within 28days and I have my interview this Monday. We filed at the end of October before my fiancé was deployed to Afghanistan with the US Air Force. We were thinking of expediting and although we looked into it, we didn't. I still dont know to this day why we were approved so fast but very thankful we were. The only thing we could think of was that the person who processed our case was fond of the military.

From talking to other people on VJ, I understand that their petitions are taking a rather long time and it must be frustrating for them...yourself included. I'm sure your NOA2 will come through soon. Try not to think about other petitions and just remember that sooner rather than later you will be with your loved one. I personally think the whole process is like a game of snakes and ladders. I guess we were just lucky and rolled a double 6 but im sure you'll be climbing that ladder soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.