StephAnn2012

Unbelievably short Timelines

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Okay I was going to be silent but this hit a nerve.

Obviously, you didn't understand the intent. 10 pages of chat is the same evidence as 100 pages of chat is the same evidence of 1000 pages of chat--but it makes a mess for the person dealing with it.

10 pages of chat AND 10 pages of phone bill records AND 10 different ticket stubs for travel together AND 10 different photos of you together with family and friends AND 10 personal letters/cards/postcards/postal receipts AND ...

THIS is more evidence because it is a variety. Offering more of exactly the same thing is, INHO, actually suspicious. The more different things you submit, the more legit you look. Loading on piles and piles is just a load of #######. And you have to admit, if you have one single file that weighs 15 pounds on your desk, you are not going to pick that one first when you have so many to go through that aren't stupidly overloaded.

Also....be aware of this...it has been pointed out more than once--you are responsible for knowing and remembering every single bit of your evidence and being ready to be quizzed on it. In the interview, that 900 pages can have a single random page pulled out of it and have the question asked, "So...it says here in June that you and your fiance discussed the blouse your mother bought in the capitol and that you didn't like it. What was the reason that you stated?" or "It looks like you and your fiance were discussing the possibility of breaking up on December 15th of 2011 because of something that happened. Explain that." YOU don't get to look at and re-read it. You submitted it so that means that you know it. This is one of the biggest tests of your life--don't set yourself up to fail before you even begin.

(I read about a case like that before I submitted any evidence and we elected to not send ANY chat because it seemed like it was not only unnecessary, but a potential problem if we got an interviewer like that. This particular person was quizzed over something so random and non-memoriable and was denied.)

Whatever you do and however you do it, good luck.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Obviously, you didn't understand the intent. 10 pages of chat is the same evidence as 100 pages of chat is the same evidence of 1000 pages of chat--but it makes a mess for the person dealing with it.

10 pages of chat AND 10 pages of phone bill records AND 10 different ticket stubs for travel together AND 10 different photos of you together with family and friends AND 10 personal letters/cards/postcards/postal receipts AND ...

THIS is more evidence because it is a variety. Offering more of exactly the same thing is, INHO, actually suspicious. The more different things you submit, the more legit you look. Loading on piles and piles is just a load of #######. And you have to admit, if you have one single file that weighs 15 pounds on your desk, you are not going to pick that one first when you have so many to go through that aren't stupidly overloaded.

Also....be aware of this...it has been pointed out more than once--you are responsible for knowing and remembering every single bit of your evidence and being ready to be quizzed on it. In the interview, that 900 pages can have a single random page pulled out of it and have the question asked, "So...it says here in June that you and your fiance discussed the blouse your mother bought in the capitol and that you didn't like it. What was the reason that you stated?" or "It looks like you and your fiance were discussing the possibility of breaking up on December 15th of 2011 because of something that happened. Explain that." YOU don't get to look at and re-read it. You submitted it so that means that you know it. This is one of the biggest tests of your life--don't set yourself up to fail before you even begin.

(I read about a case like that before I submitted any evidence and we elected to not send ANY chat because it seemed like it was not only unnecessary, but a potential problem if we got an interviewer like that. This particular person was quizzed over something so random and non-memoriable and was denied.)

Whatever you do and however you do it, good luck.

I understand totally what you are saying. And no i didn't send to NVC 900 pages of just chat or one thing. I know someone right out of Lagos denied and one of the questions was about some cousin briefly talked about years prior.

I may have been just overly sensitive the day I read these post and when someone blames someone like me for their delay well I was not going to be quiet. And really if the little couple of pages got approved first we would see that.

I do wish we could see inside USCIS and really see put a GPS on our case.

Thank you for the Good luck. We are both in Houston Texas. Howdy. ;-)

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no magic formula! Using a lawyer won't make your process fasting, being named "Trump" won't help you.

The thing is , they [the people who get approved so quickly] generally did nothing, they were lucky. You just need to be content to wait. I am sorry you are so annoyed :(

Try not to get to "frustrated". Being annoyed at people because their process was quicker than yours doesn't help you, it will just cause you more distress. Be happy for those approved ahead of you and look forward to your approval, after-all, 1 less form in the pile means you're one step closer to your approval too :)

nice words xanax :)

IR5 FOR DAD & STEPMOM

DAD

12/11/12 Sent I130

12/17/12 NOA1 Received from USCIS

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

05/03/13 Received NOA2 thru mail (stating that approved petition is being process at NVC and wait within 30 days and if more than we can call Customer Service Hotline)

06/01/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/01/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/01/13 Paid AOS Fee

06/10/13 Resent DS 3032 thru email changing subject line from Case Number to "Supervisor Review"

06/11/13 DS 3032 accepted

06/11/13 AOS filing instructions received

06/12/13 IV (DS230) Fee Invoice received

STEPMOM

12/11/12 Sent I130

12/17/12 NOA1 Received from USCIS

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

05/03/13 Received NOA2 thru mail (stating that approved petition is being process at NVC and wait within 30 days and if more than we can call Customer Service Hotline)

06/04/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/04/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/04/13 Paid AOS Fee

06/10/13 Resent DS 3032 thru email changing subject line from Case Number to "Supervisor Review"

06/11/13 DS 3032 accepted

06/11/13 AOS filing instructions received

06/12/13 IV (DS230) Fee Invoice received

USEFUL LINKS:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433472-nvc-filers-june-2013/?p=6263675

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.