dmck

Filed Service Request, got a response....not what we wanted to hear

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

We are August CSC filers for the K1. In January, after waiting for 5 months we called the USCIS and spoke with a really nice ISO tier 2. She recommended we file a service request after she reviewed what ever information the ISO is able to see. While she told me we had nothing to worry about and that things were looking good for us, today I received an email from the USCIS in response to our Service request that made my heart sink. Dear so and so, blah blah, we are currently experiencing resource constraints and your application will be processed in the priority date (which I think is not true, but I will elaborate later). We ask that you wait 120d and if we have not finished your application, then start a new service request. This was a very difficult email to read. Since they asked that we not contact them for 4 months, I called my senator instead. No idea if she can help or not, but at least it made me feel better.

I don't believe the priority because there are August filers, that have a priority date after ours, that have been approved in the last 2 weeks. They had to wait 6 months, so clearly they are not military.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They had to wait 6 months, so clearly they are not military.

What? I know plenty of people who were military and filing for K-1 that took longer than 6 months for approval. Not everyone military gets expedited petitions.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

expedite request are subject to the discretion of the director as per USCIS website.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Actually, my fiance is military so I've done some research on this. I'm pretty sure you can only have it expedited if the military spouse is due to be deployed abroad. For example, my fiance will be stationed in Cali for a year starting May. We're about 4 months into the process. Imagine that they tell him that he will be deployed abroad (say, to the middle east) in June, than we could file an expedite request and the odds are that it would be approved. Why? Because if I only get my visa approved in June, than I can't make it to the US in time for us to get married before the 90 days expire cause he'll be gone. I can't wait in Europe for him to be back from deployment either because my visa would expire. At least, that's how I THINK the thought process goes :-)

Edited by cassecouilles

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

dmck - sorry - those Deferred Action casefiles have bogged down CSC a bunch.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, my fiance is military so I've done some research on this. I'm pretty sure you can only have it expedited if the military spouse is due to be deployed abroad. For example, my fiance will be stationed in Cali for a year starting May. We're about 4 months into the process. Imagine that they tell him that he will be deployed abroad (say, to the middle east) in June, than we could file an expedite request and the odds are that it would be approved. Why? Because if I only get my visa approved in June, than I can't make it to the US in time for us to get married before the 90 days expire cause he'll be gone. I can't wait in Europe for him to be back from deployment either because my visa would expire. At least, that's how I THINK the thought process goes :-)

I know people who had that situation and were still denied expedite. The spouse had to deploy and the immigration process had to be put on hold. The expedites are not always accepted sadly.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Thanks for the article on deferred action, it was a bit shocking that they have processed so many. Considering that they report that they process 350,000 applications per month and that article pointed out that they processed almost 40k cases per month. This represents 10% of their volume. I also noticed that the number of K1's approved has dropped more than 70% in the last few months.........hmmmm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

This is so sad. We are August fillers too and we are going to call them today.. I hope your senator can help you. :(

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

My favorite new tool:

http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=6&office=2&charttype=2

It looks like they have a back-up of 9 months for I-129F cases, and the back-up is getting longer.

I try not to let these posts about backlogs get to me but... dammit. This is insane, why can't they hire more people to make up the difference? If more petitions are being filed, more money is coming in, right? Argh! This is frustrating, it throws everything off, like when to cancel your rent, quit your job, ... Okay, end of rant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.