Regan L

GOING CRAZY! Will i ever get to see my family?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

(MODS READ THE WHOLE THING B4 YOU SAY ITS A DUPLICATE TOPIC ITS NOT)

My wife got her cr1 visa in December and it expires in may, my wife has a CRBA appointment for our child this month in Manila. She will be going alone and has lots of evidence, but on

the off chance she is requested to have a dna test, everything will be ruined. Im here in the US and if she is requested to have a dna test i will have to pay lots of money to get a dna

test shipped over there and wait for it to be shipped back and the results given to the embassy. Our relationship is legit and the baby is mine but my main worry is, that if they

request one, the results might not get back to the US embassy b4 her visa expires. If it did expire what would happen, would i have to start the I-130 process all over again and wait

another year b4 i see my Wife and daughter? My daughter is 4 months old and i havent got to see her yet. my and my wife met 2 years ago and i flew over there for xmas in 2011, we got

married early january 2012, and i lived with her till early march of 2012. then i left to start work and the Cr1 process, which took almost a year, and im soooo scared its all going to

be ruined because her visa will expire, huhuhuh i dont know what to do! I dont want to start the CR1 process all over again!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

would it make sense to go to the PI for the CRBA interview? IMO, it does, from a time and money persepctive.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow i did not mean to post it here can someone move it for me to the Philippines thread?

Moved to Philippines regional fourm per your request.

**Organizer hat off**

If it did expire what would happen, would i have to start the I-130 process all over again and wait

If the visa is not used before it expires, then you are back to Square One (i.e. yes, you have to go back to the start by filing a new petition).

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

(MODS READ THE WHOLE THING B4 YOU SAY ITS A DUPLICATE TOPIC ITS NOT)

My wife got her cr1 visa in December and it expires in may, my wife has a CRBA appointment for our child this month in Manila. She will be going alone and has lots of evidence, but on

the off chance she is requested to have a dna test, everything will be ruined. Im here in the US and if she is requested to have a dna test i will have to pay lots of money to get a dna

test shipped over there and wait for it to be shipped back and the results given to the embassy. Our relationship is legit and the baby is mine but my main worry is, that if they

request one, the results might not get back to the US embassy b4 her visa expires. If it did expire what would happen, would i have to start the I-130 process all over again and wait

another year b4 i see my Wife and daughter? My daughter is 4 months old and i havent got to see her yet. my and my wife met 2 years ago and i flew over there for xmas in 2011, we got

married early january 2012, and i lived with her till early march of 2012. then i left to start work and the Cr1 process, which took almost a year, and im soooo scared its all going to

be ruined because her visa will expire, huhuhuh i dont know what to do! I dont want to start the CR1 process all over again!

I posted a link about someone who went through DNA Testing for her daughter. It is a different case than yours for it was not a CRBA case but she highlighted how she was able to expedite the process. Took less than 2 months for the DNA Testing. check out the link: http://www.visajourn...up-the-process/

Maybe your worrying way too much about this. You might likely not be required to have DNA Testing. Clearly you have a lot of documentation proving she is your biological daughter. Think positive. Good luck. good.gif

Timeline

I posted a link about someone who went through DNA Testing for her daughter. It is a different case than yours for it was not a CRBA case but she highlighted how she was able to expedite the process. Took less than 2 months for the DNA Testing. check out the link: http://www.visajourn...up-the-process/

Maybe your worrying way too much about this. You might likely not be required to have DNA Testing. Clearly you have a lot of documentation proving she is your biological daughter. Think positive. Good luck. good.gif

would you like me to message you all the requirments i have?

Timeline

Moved to Philippines regional fourm per your request.

**Organizer hat off**

If the visa is not used before it expires, then you are back to Square One (i.e. yes, you have to go back to the start by filing a new petition).

could you hsow me where you found this fact?

Timeline

would it make sense to go to the PI for the CRBA interview? IMO, it does, from a time and money persepctive.

I would but my wife already bought the plane tickets to fly to the interview and if i go all the way there and they still require it , i will have no money to try to fix the situation.

do you think i could bring my wife to america, get her residency stamp then fly her back when they request for the dna smapling, that way she gets a extra year without it expiring.

Timeline

she could also POE into Guam - don't forget that, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yup, Guam is a US Territory.

She can fly into Guam on her visa, do the POE stuff there,

and her green card automagically shows up at your address.

Suggest she stay a week in Guam, then return to the PI.

Timeline

Yup, Guam is a US Territory.

She can fly into Guam on her visa, do the POE stuff there,

and her green card automagically shows up at your address.

Suggest she stay a week in Guam, then return to the PI.

very good idea thats right next to the philippines, i thought i have to be with her at the point of entry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

very good idea thats right next to the philippines, i thought i have to be with her at the point of entry

You don't have to be with her for POE.

Timeline

Now there is a good idea.

I have them, on occasion. Seems rare, this year, so far :(

i thought i have to be with her at the point of entry

Heck No ! No rules, regs or guidelines stating so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.