I AM NOT THAT GUY

Geraldo wants to exempt police from the 4th Amendment

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
AMENDMENT IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Of course, that must not apply, if you happen to live in a high crime neighborhood, or don't look like Real Freedom-Loving Americans®.

Geraldo Rivera Uses Fox To Polish His Stump Speech

In a segment that FoxNews.com helpfully called, “Geraldo Rivera mulling run for Senate,” Factor substitute host Ingraham let Rivera speak uninterrupted about gun regulation issues. Rivera was quacking an awful lot like a candidate as he suddenly changed the subject to say, “I've got a way to (reduce gun violence)... What Vice President Joe Biden should be pushing right now is to expand New York City's stop and frisk law to every police precinct in this country where the level of gun violence rises above a certain threshhold level.”

http://www.newshounds.us/geraldo_rivera_uses_fox_to_polish_his_stump_speech_02012013

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Your thread title is incorrect. The "stop and frisk" law was upheld by the supreme court. It's doesn't violate the 4th.

I think you're refering to a "Terry stop" in that if an officer has reasonable suspicion a person has committed a crime, he may ask for the persons name and also frisk for his own personal security. Patriot, I believe is refering to the New York law which has been partially struck down in January in which the police were stopping people coming out of their homes etc. without reasonable suspicion.

Edited by Usui Takumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Enemies of our rights are everywhere. It will be necessary to eliminate the 4th amendment in order to eliminate the 2nd amendment.

Anyone supporting the infringement of the second amendment will be overjoyed to hear this! This could easliy result in firearms registration followed by confiscation!

and besides, the "right of the people" does not REALLY mean "people", it really means the police and the militia and the government because the bill of rights is really just protecting the government...right?

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Of course, that must not apply, if you happen to live in a high crime neighborhood, or don't look like Real Freedom-Loving Americans®.

and it probably does not apply to email and telephone conversations since there were no such deivces when our founding fathers wrote the bill of rights. I am sure they only meant a person's actualy home and papers, not electronic "assault communications" rapid, instant communication all over the world!!!!!!!!!!!

And the first amenadment only applies to newspapers. :bonk::wacko:

It is incrediable how far some people can bury their head up their @ss.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I think you're refering to a "Terry stop" in that if an officer has reasonable suspicion a person has committed a crime, he may ask for the persons name and also frisk for his own personal security. Patriot, I believe is refering to the New York law which has been partially struck down in January in which the police were stopping people coming out of their homes etc. without reasonable suspicion.

Incredible this would happen in the same state that just passed the law to arbitrarily limit magazine size to 7 bullets. That is just amazing! Who woulda thunk that the SAME people that want to strip the 2nd amendment would want to strip the 4th amendment???? :o

I'm shocked. I had no idea there was gambling in Casa Blanca!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Incredible this would happen in the same state that just passed the law to arbitrarily limit magazine size to 7 bullets. That is just amazing! Who woulda thunk that the SAME people that want to strip the 2nd amendment would want to strip the 4th amendment???? :o

I'm shocked. I had no idea there was gambling in Casa Blanca!

New York is getting pretty totalitarian what with their maximum drink sizes.

Filed: Timeline

Your thread title is incorrect. The "stop and frisk" law was upheld by the supreme court. It's doesn't violate the 4th.

Yep.

Police Stop-and-Frisk Program in Bronx Is Ruled Unconstitutional

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Thank you God for building a moat between New York and Vermont. One thing you NEVER hear said in Vermont..."Dammit, I could be in New York in 20 minutes if it were not for that damn lake"

Haters of the bill of rights...fascists and traitors...are all the same. There is always an excuse. Usually that we must give up our rights for "our own good" or for our "own safety" or that something does not apply because it did not exist in 1781. While the founding fathers could not conceive of assault rifles, email, telephones, televison, the internet...they had no trouble conceiving of people like Hitler, Obama, Stalin, Clinton, Chavez, and Schumer and people who would call themselves "patriots" to conceal their intent to oppress the people of the USA.

This is why they are RIGHTS, not suggestions.

Gary And Alla