prettypinas

where do i go to have a free doctor's consultation?

6 posts in this topic

hi people. i'm just wondering if there are any county/hospitals where i could bring my mom for free check up. She's been under medication for maintenance (bp, diabetes, etc) and i dont think she can bring those stocks of medicine good for 5 months. it's gonna be costly too when she buys it all at the same time. i was told that it is possible for her to see a doctor here for free but i just don't know how i could go on with the process. thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If she is here on a tourist visa I don't know of anywhere she will be seen for free. She can try the local health department but they charge based on income if they will see her at all. Good luck buying the meds, I know they will cost a fortune.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I bought meds to the US. I had to have a doctors certificate.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My husband brought a year's worth of meds of several varieties with no problem. Each time I have traveled from his country, I also bring in a few things--one in bulk (birth control). As long as none are narcotics, this seems to be pretty normal.

And free care? You want someone to provide a professional service for you without you paying for it? What is wrong with you? Would you ask the same from a manacurist? A mechanic? A housecleaner? A painter? A chef? A lawyer? An accountant? A plumber? "Free" is never free--SOMEbody always has to pay and when it isn't you, it certainly is someone else, even if it is only the professional who is providing the services (and supplies and equipment and paying for the malpractice insurance and the office staff and the rent on the location).

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

hi people. i'm just wondering if there are any county/hospitals where i could bring my mom for free check up. She's been under medication for maintenance (bp, diabetes, etc) and i dont think she can bring those stocks of medicine good for 5 months. it's gonna be costly too when she buys it all at the same time. i was told that it is possible for her to see a doctor here for free but i just don't know how i could go on with the process. thanks again!

Why would the US give free medical care to a foreign visitor? We have plenty of US citizens who don't have free healthcare.

If your mother needs her medicine for 5 months and she is unable to purchase five months worth of medicine in her own home country where medicine is a lot cheaper, why would you'll even be thinking about trying to purchase the medicine here in a first class country at a first class price.

It seems like your mothers best option would be to only visit for the alloted amount of time that she has her medicaion for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.