The Nature Boy

Sometimes a Picture is worth a 1000 words

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I can't see the picture since I am at work. What are we looking at?

It's basically two maps. One on the left showing high or low rates of incidents of gun violence, and one on the right showing voter patterns for Obama.

Funny thing is, the map on the left shows northern Minnesota, northern Wisconsin, the UP of Michigan (that's a real laugher, I'm sure James can punch in on that) as having high rates of gun violence, while showing places like Dallas, Pittsburgh etc. showing low rates of gun violence. The suggestion being if you voted for Obama, you likely live in an area with high rates of gun violence. It's quite frankly, laughable.

What's even more unbelievable is I just spent 5 minutes of my life exlpaining that joke of a map. However, I kinda like Marvin. Even if he is black. I hear it's not his fault.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

It's basically two maps. One on the left showing high or low rates of incidents of gun violence, and one on the right showing voter patterns for Obama.

Funny thing is, the map on the left shows northern Minnesota, northern Wisconsin, the UP of Michigan (that's a real laugher, I'm sure James can punch in on that) as having high rates of gun violence, while showing places like Dallas, Pittsburgh etc. showing low rates of gun violence. The suggestion being if you voted for Obama, you likely live in an area with high rates of gun violence. It's quite frankly, laughable.

What's even more unbelievable is I just spent 5 minutes of my life exlpaining that joke of a map. However, I kinda like Marvin. Even if he is black. I hear it's not his fault.

So Marvin gets to play the race card AND the sympathy card? WTH? :crying:

So Marvin gets to play the race card AND the sympathy card? WTH? :crying:

Don't hate the player, hate the game!!! :rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yeah, we don't get to choose if we are going to be born into oppression, I am grateful I was born in the 70's. From what my grandad tells me it was way worse before then but back then, you had to be strong, or get eaten up.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline
But this picture is different. It "sums up everything there is to be said about guns"!

For all I know, it's a map of previous election results by county. How else would one explain the state with the highest gun violence rate (that would be LA)to be pretty much all red on this map?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The UP is pretty quiet generally but with such a very low population even 1 or 2 murders starts making us look pretty bad. If suicides are included there I am sure we have a 'high' gun violence rate. With all the guns we have it is definitely the method of choice for the successful suicide attempt!

Yeah, we don't get to choose if we are going to be born into oppression, I am grateful I was born in the 70's. From what my grandad tells me it was way worse before then but back then, you had to be strong, or get eaten up.

You just don't know how bad it was in the rural south during the 60a and 70s. I

What is there to debunk? You posted a pretty picture that came off of facebook. Since when does fiction coming off of facebook require any serious discussion?

So you got some data to prove it is wrong or you just gonna hate on fb all day

You just don't know how bad it was in the rural south during the 60a and 70s. I

So you got some data to prove it is wrong or you just gonna hate on fb all day

I know, I have ridden through Mississippi doing road trips, hell my parents used to catch hell when we drove cross country, and that was in the 80's. We have certain rules when we drive through some states, like MS, GA, AK, even certain parts of MO I am weary of.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I know, I have ridden through Mississippi doing road trips, hell my parents used to catch hell when we drove cross country, and that was in the 80's. We have certain rules when we drive through some states, like MS, GA, AK, even certain parts of MO I am weary of.

Alaska?

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler