The Nature Boy

Sometimes a Picture is worth a 1000 words

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Heavily populated areas go blue. Populated area = more people = more guns = more violence. What a surprise!

Once again your post is misleading. This doesn't say anything, let alone EVERYTHING.

It says the colour blue is bad and red is good. (IE the FBI appears to be republican)

Edited by Usui Takumi

That would appear to be the low hanging fruit and yet, it's out of reach for some.

Seems pretty obvious to me. I guess more guns doesn't equal less violence. Hm.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Well actually in Vermont.........

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: Timeline

Yeah. Was just reminded of that again today as I was strolling through Bush Gardens. There were a couple of police officers patrolling the park - without guns. They don't have guns in that park and guess how many gun violence incidents that park has had as far as anyone can think back? That's right. None. Same goes for pretty much every park that operates in this state. No guns in them parks. And no gun violence. Odd, ain't it?

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Well to make that conclusion I'd have to see a similar firearm ownership map.

I'm sure someone will be along to make one up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

:protest:

This one time, at band camp.....

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Not sure where you got the map on the left from. I gotta call B.S. on it though. Northern Wisconsin and Northern Minnesota have high incidents of gun violence? I know it's probably pretty boring up there but I doubt they pass the time by shooting each other.

Look at northern New England. I'm sure our resident Vermont expert will be along to straighten that out after he gets done washing the wife's undergarments.

According to this, there were 80 firearm related murders in all in Wisconsin in 2011.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state#data

No idea how that is considered high.