The Nature Boy

Sometimes a Picture is worth a 1000 words

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

According to this, there were 80 firearm related murders in all in Wisconsin in 2011.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state#data

No idea how that is considered high.

There was a negative number of people killed in Vermont with a gun because everyone carries one so they are too scared to use them. It's like nuclear bombs. The ultimate deterrent. They keep us safe. Thank God for Vermont. A guiding light. Leading the way.

If you need to know more I'm sure our Texan Vermonter will be only too pleased to preach another sermon to you.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

I think Herschel depends on people taking his posts at face value. Once they start doing their own research, they find out they're usually BS :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think Herschel depends on people taking his posts at face value. Once they start doing their own research, they find out they're usually BS :lol:

No research necessary on that one. You can just look at it and tell it's not right. :yes:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Actually, in studying Urban Sociology, you learn that the highest incidents of violence occur not in the urban centers, but in the less populated rural areas, per every 100,000 people. That is just a "fun fact". I agree that crime is higher in the more concentrated urban areas. It is only when you get to a place like Switzerland wehre there is a gun in almost every home that I think it impacts the gun violence any by owning them.

Heavily populated areas go blue. Populated area = more people = more guns = more violence. What a surprise!

Once again your post is misleading. This doesn't say anything, let alone EVERYTHING.

Edited by Brijo

Another of Herschel's "post and run" posts when people debunk it. :lol:

No I am here, I was just waiting for someone to actually posts a fact that debunks it

No I am here, I was just waiting for someone to actually posts a fact that debunks it

Of course you are. People should do the research for you, right? Maybe you should do it before you post something from Facebook that you thought made your point. :lol:

Look at all that gun violence in Wisconsin on your map. Yet ... Wisconsin had 80 firearm related murders in 2011. 80. And on your "map of facts" ... that's considered "high incidents"? Come on.

But anyway, like I said, the more populated the area, the more crime there will be. You don't need some silly map to tell you that, do you?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state#data

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

According to this, there were 80 firearm related murders in all in Wisconsin in 2011.

http://www.guardian....e-us-state#data

No idea how that is considered high.

Probably half of those are suicides because the Packers didn't make it to the Super Bowl that year.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Probably half of those are suicides because the Packers didn't make it to the Super Bowl that year.

:lol: They're a passionate bunch.

I can't see the picture since I am at work. What are we looking at?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I can't see the picture since I am at work. What are we looking at?

A map that shows "FBI statistics" on gun violence in red and blue. Red = low incidents of gun violence. Blue = high incidents of gun crime.

And then some genius decided to compare it with red and blue sections of the 2012 election map.

According to Nature Boy, this piece of artwork was "all that needed to be said about gun violence" and that Democrats shouldn't own guns.

Or something.

A map that shows "FBI statistics" on gun violence in red and blue. Red = low incidents of gun violence. Blue = high incidents of gun crime.

And then some genius decided to compare it with red and blue sections of the 2012 election map.

According to Nature Boy, this piece of artwork was "all that needed to be said about gun violence" and that Democrats shouldn't own guns.

Or something.

You're just mad cause you can't "debunk" it.