22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know you guys are probably sick of hearing from me lol. I feel like my case is weird out of its mind. I called USCIS today and was told my case was at the local field office still. I havent got my paper for my seemingly useless interview at my local field office but I did ask if I could submit an expedite request. At the time we filed everything was running at a steady clip at all the service centers so we were not expecting the wait it seems we are in for. We'd be ok waiting if the home owner where my husband lives was not going to renew his lease and has the house up for sale. We had planned on having him here before this happened. So now we are facing maybe him just coming down here on a vacation and stayng and just not being able to work until this process is over. The lady on the phone said they were working July 18th cases at this time. I really dont know what to do at this time. Im just praying that God will keep us and take us in the direction we need to go. Id rather him be a productive member of society that just sitting here waiting but its coming down to the wire of no other option. She did submit the request for me even though she said she did not see it as an emergency situation. Should be hearing something in about 5 days is what she told me. The CSR that I had before I got my ISO was extremely mean and I confess I got emotional on the line. Sometimes they treat us like we are inhuman when we are just trying to be with our loved ones. All this coupled with the new year and watching people get approved in three to four months just has my mind boggled. I really thought I had a pretty straight forward case. Oi Im rambling now. Just so frustrated.

Edited by DigitalSxKitten

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
2004- Met online. Started a great friendship
2009- Decided our friendship had turned into something major
2009- First Official Visit and when we officially started dating
July 1st,2011- We got married!!!
USCIS
September 14,2012- Sent In I-130
September 20,2012- First NOA
September 25,2012- I-130 transferred to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

February 21,2014- Case Complete

MONTREAL EMBASSY

April 14,2014- Interview (Administrative Review for passport renewal)

June 17,2014- Visa Listed as Issued

June 20,2014- Visa In Hand

July 27,2014- Port Of Entry

Timeline

As far as they are telling me Im at my local field office now. But yeah the ISO just gave me that date said thats where they were. I dunna.

Edited by DigitalSxKitten

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
USCIS
September 25,2012- I-130 transferred to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

MONTREAL EMBASSY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It seems like NBC and the field offices are working on a mix of September and October cases. She is right, you don't qualify for an expedite.

Your case isn't weird at all, it is just that you've listened to what you were told on the phone, which is a big mistake when it comes to USCIS.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I am sorry to hear this..My husband is a USC, we did expedition when we were in our 7th month stage, as baby needs to have surgery in the states.. We contacted senator, congress, ombudsman even the USCIS did not help us at all. Now I am in my 10th month already and still waiting.. I know God gave me a lot of understanding and patience and I hope you whatever it is always think that ur situation is not that worse as comparison to mine or other filers here.. Pray Pray Pray is all I can say.. =)

Timeline

I had a bit of a weird case as well. I was a Canadian working legally on an international flagged private yacht in Florida. I met my husband and we got married in Florida. I applied for my Green Card from Canada as I needed to be able to come and go from the US frequently on the yacht! We applied early January and come May we still did not receive a reply. Myself and my husband got offered a great position working together on the Same yacht! The problem was that it was and American Flagged yacht and that being said I needed to be legal to work in the US! We filed for an expedite and received it within a couple of days and our I-130 was approved right away! Then we started the process at the NVC. This took soooo long as we starting working on the yacht and we were in the Caribbean. We probably could have had our interview by July or Auguest but with being so far from Canada for fingerprints etc we got approved in December. So even with an expedite it takes a little longer than what one would expect. Also once the USCIS sent the expedited file to NVC, the NVC denied our case for an expedite saying work was not a cause for fast filing!! So the difference between the USCIS and NVC/your local Embassy is HUGE.. I had thought that once it was on expedite the entire process would be but that was not the case at all. Hope this helps.. There is hope that you MAY get an expedite as I did!

:)

Timeline

I had a bit of a weird case as well. I was a Canadian working legally on an international flagged private yacht in Florida. I met my husband and we got married in Florida. I applied for my Green Card from Canada as I needed to be able to come and go from the US frequently on the yacht! We applied early January and come May we still did not receive a reply. Myself and my husband got offered a great position working together on the Same yacht! The problem was that it was and American Flagged yacht and that being said I needed to be legal to work in the US! We filed for an expedite and received it within a couple of days and our I-130 was approved right away! Then we started the process at the NVC. This took soooo long as we starting working on the yacht and we were in the Caribbean. We probably could have had our interview by July or Auguest but with being so far from Canada for fingerprints etc we got approved in December. So even with an expedite it takes a little longer than what one would expect. Also once the USCIS sent the expedited file to NVC, the NVC denied our case for an expedite saying work was not a cause for fast filing!! So the difference between the USCIS and NVC/your local Embassy is HUGE.. I had thought that once it was on expedite the entire process would be but that was not the case at all. Hope this helps.. There is hope that you MAY get an expedite as I did!

I'm actually really surprised you got an expedite on your I-130.

But grats. That's why people say 'it's always going to be no unless you try'

Edit: I just looked at your timeline... (4) months.. that isn't really an expedite lol

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Timeline

It never hurts to try and really people? I completely understand that everyone has their own cross to bear. Please dont try to tell me someone elses is bigger then my own. Im not in their situation and none of you are in mine specifically. I dont come here to be chastised for the way I feel or the fact that I dont mind at least trying for expedition. Who knows maybe who ever is looking on our case for expedition will see the letter that my 9 year old wrote explaining why he would really like his step father here...since his stepdad is far more present then his real dad...Who knows? Its not like anyone can make any sense of this process so what does it hurt I mean really? This isnt a possible lease expiration from his apartment. Its a house being sold out from under him and him not being able to sign a year lease with anyone. Just trying to decide if he should live in a hotel or just come down here and wait without working. More my thoughts then needing you to tell me its hopeless. Dont worry I already semi know that thanks youve been great. I try really hard to be civil but lets just say if all you do is troll posts to try and bring people down please look over mine. Those who had encouraging or productive things to say thank you. It could be worse I know but it doesnt make my bad better...get my drift?

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
USCIS
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

MONTREAL EMBASSY

Timeline

It never hurts to try and really people? I completely understand that everyone has their own cross to bear. Please dont try to tell me someone elses is bigger then my own. Im not in their situation and none of you are in mine specifically. I dont come here to be chastised for the way I feel or the fact that I dont mind at least trying for expedition. Who knows maybe who ever is looking on our case for expedition will see the letter that my 9 year old wrote explaining why he would really like his step father here...since his stepdad is far more present then his real dad...Who knows?

I think people were trying to tell you that cases in which an expedite were granted were quite serious in nature. They aren't something to be taken lightly. We all have at least as much worry, concern, and issues as you do so perhaps people are little upset that you somehow think that you are special enough to jump in line? I too have a daughter who is very attached to her step-father. I also have a financial issue with my husband being in Denmark. There is also a ton more issues that we are going through (way too many to list) and might have to if my biopsy comes back with bad news. I certainly don't think any of that is grounds for an expedite.

Its not like anyone can make any sense of this process so what does it hurt I mean really? This isnt a possible lease expiration from his apartment. Its a house being sold out from under him and him not being able to sign a year lease with anyone. Just trying to decide if he should live in a hotel or just come down here and wait without working. More my thoughts then needing you to tell me its hopeless. Dont worry I already semi know that thanks youve been great. I try really hard to be civil but lets just say if all you do is troll posts to try and bring people down please look over mine. Those who had encouraging or productive things to say thank you. It could be worse I know but it doesnt make my bad better...get my drift?

Nobody has trolled your posts - there has just been a little of telling you that your expectations from the process are unrealistic.

People on this forum have told me to suck it up and stop whining because we weren't DCF eligible being from Denmark and that we also weren't being expedited for living abroad. They are right. You'll come to terms with how awful and slow this process is soon, I know I've gotten there.

You've chosen to live in America while you wait out the process, the same way I've chosen to live in Denmark. Accept that choice and embrace the ####### that comes with it.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

I dont think Im special but I dont think that just because someone else decides not to try means that theres an issue because I decided to? At any rate things werent unrealistic when we filed. Lots of things have happened since then that have changed what it was at that time thats all. I am quite aware everyone has their own issues I read them daily but I dont post things to them to hamper them considering its a tough situation for all. I just think it be a whole lot easier to be more understanding of eachother. I have no choice but to live in America. I cant work in Canada. He cant work here in America. We want to be productive and not just sit around waiting. At any rate the question really was would it just behoove us to have him 'wait it out' here in America and then just fly back for his interview. That was really the jist of it. And that yes I did put in an expedition request. I have realistic expectations about it. I dont think its going to be magic and get approved but there is always a chance. It all depends. I dont think Im special but I dont mind being happy with my decision to at least try it. Nothing hurts. Praying that your biopsy comes back good. Actually no I know it will come back fine in the name of Jesus. Have an awesome day.

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
USCIS
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

MONTREAL EMBASSY

Timeline

I dont think Im special but I dont think that just because someone else decides not to try means that theres an issue because I decided to? At any rate things werent unrealistic when we filed. Lots of things have happened since then that have changed what it was at that time thats all. I am quite aware everyone has their own issues I read them daily but I dont post things to them to hamper them considering its a tough situation for all. I just think it be a whole lot easier to be more understanding of eachother. I have no choice but to live in America. I cant work in Canada. He cant work here in America. We want to be productive and not just sit around waiting. At any rate the question really was would it just behoove us to have him 'wait it out' here in America and then just fly back for his interview. That was really the jist of it. And that yes I did put in an expedition request. I have realistic expectations about it. I dont think its going to be magic and get approved but there is always a chance. It all depends. I dont think Im special but I dont mind being happy with my decision to at least try it. Nothing hurts. Praying that your biopsy comes back good. Actually no I know it will come back fine in the name of Jesus. Have an awesome day.

I can't find work in Denmark either, we all have reasons for the things we do. I just think you need to understand that everyone here has been through something similar and they are also allowed to get frustrated. We are all human beings.

I'm sure the gods will protect me and lead me right though, but we've already been given so many blessing so maybe it is time for the hands of fate to even it all out. We'll have to see how it goes. :thumbs:

I think with a filing date in September you are due to be done any time now, though. There have been a ton of September filers approved in the last few weeks. Here is to hoping that it happens sooner, rather than later. :star:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nobody chastised you. Everyone here feels love for their counterparts and miss them with all their hearts. Each of us has our own path to follow and our own work to do in order to arrive at the end of the process. It is hard for most people here. Remain patient. Do what needs to be done. Everyone, eventually, gets their answer.

USCIS - 40 DAYS
2012-10-30: FedEx delivered I-130 to Chicago Lockbox Mail Room
2012-11-01: NOA1 by email - MSC
2012-11-02: $420 (x3) debited from our account
2012-11-05: NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 2012-10-30
2012-12-11: NOA2

NVC - 26 DAYS
2013-01-02: Rec'd case#, IIN, BIN & OPTIN emails for EP sent
2013-01-03: Submitted DS-261 (x3)
2013-01-07: AOS bills invoiced and paid & OPTIN for EP accepted for each of us
2013-01-08: AOS bills appear as paid & AOS packages sent by email
2013-01-08: IV bill invoiced & paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV bill appears as paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (kids only)
2013-01-11: AOS received -notified by email
2013-01-11: IV bill invoiced & paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV bill appears as paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV Supporting Docs received for kids - notified by email
2013-01-14: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (me only)
2013-01-18: IV Supporting Docs received for me - notified by email
2013-01-18: Son#1 CASE COMPLETE - Son#2 checklist - saying $ on I-864 don't match tax return (but they do)-resubmitted
2013-01-23: AOS 2nd submission for Son #2 received - notified by email
2013-01-25: My CASE COMPLETE
2013-01-28: ALL 3 OF OUR CASES ARE NOW COMPLETE
2013-02-06: Packet 4 Received by email

MEDICAL ~ CONSULATE ~ POE REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 160 DAYS NATURALIZATION
2013-02-13: Medicals 2014-12-17: Delivered to California Lockbox 2015-12-15: Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox
2013-03-06: Interview 2014-12-19: 1 I-751 + 3 Biometrics Fees debited from our account 2015-12-16: Fees charged to Credit Card
2013-03-08: Visas in-hand 2014-12-22: Received NOA1 by mail. Receipt Date: 2014-12-17 2015-12-17: NOA
2013-03-12: Paid USCIS Immigrant Fee 2014-12-24: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter 2016-01-02: Biometrics Letter 2016-01-11: Biometrics
2013-03-14: POE 2015-01-06: Biometrics 2016-02-15: In Line for Interview 2016-02-19: Letter
2013-03-25: SSNs arrived 2015-05-27: Approved 2016-03-22: Interview
2013-04-01: Green Cards arrived 2015-06-03: New Green Cards arrived 2016-04-15: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

It never hurts to try and really people? I completely understand that everyone has their own cross to bear. Please dont try to tell me someone elses is bigger then my own. Im not in their situation and none of you are in mine specifically. I dont come here to be chastised for the way I feel or the fact that I dont mind at least trying for expedition. Who knows maybe who ever is looking on our case for expedition will see the letter that my 9 year old wrote explaining why he would really like his step father here...since his stepdad is far more present then his real dad...Who knows? Its not like anyone can make any sense of this process so what does it hurt I mean really? This isnt a possible lease expiration from his apartment. Its a house being sold out from under him and him not being able to sign a year lease with anyone. Just trying to decide if he should live in a hotel or just come down here and wait without working. More my thoughts then needing you to tell me its hopeless. Dont worry I already semi know that thanks youve been great. I try really hard to be civil but lets just say if all you do is troll posts to try and bring people down please look over mine. Those who had encouraging or productive things to say thank you. It could be worse I know but it doesnt make my bad better...get my drift?

I'm sorry if you took it that way, but no one here has chastised you or looked down on your posts.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I'm actually really surprised you got an expedite on your I-130.

But grats. That's why people say 'it's always going to be no unless you try'

Edit: I just looked at your timeline... (4) months.. that isn't really an expedite lol

Hi,

I actually didn't apply for the expedite until beginning of May and was approved within a week and the I-130 was sent to NVC. So it was an expedite just didn't ask for it right away when we applied in January. The job came up for grabs in May so we asked for it then and got it right away!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.