Ravens60

How long until i get my green card?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys,

I recently married my boyfriend of a 3 years. I have applied for adjustment of status. I think I applied around 20th of November, 2012 and have completed the finger printing process as of now. I just need to know when I will get my green card? I completed the application myself but had a lawyer review and perfect it. Me and my husband want to go on a cruise for our honeymoon so I’m not sure if I should make a booking. I’m just scared the prices are going to go way up and/or the cruise will sell out if I don’t book now. Please let me know how long it will be before I get my green card.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

it should take around three to four months,for adjustment of status,i can't tell you how long it will be for you,there are cruises every week end,i'm sure you can get last minute deals,the cruse ships want as many rooms filled,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from CR-1 spousal visa to AOS from work/ tourist etc visa ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wait till it is approved, cruise ships always have great last minute deals. You might have 6 more months, check similar time lines.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Did you apply for the EAD and AP when you applied to adjust status? My wife's green card took over 8 months, and with the current work load of USCIS, things might be looking worse for green card times. The AP will let you travel while you're waiting on the green card, and th4e EAD will let you work. They only take two to three months to get, and the fee is waived if you have an AOS case pending. If you didn't apply, send the applications in with a copy of your notice of action on the AOS application.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Come join us in the November filers thread. Here is the link : NOVEMBER 2012

AOS from B2 visa
11/13/12, Day 000-Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765) to Chicago lockbox.
11/17/12, Day 004-Package delivered to Chicago lockbox.
11/21/12, Day 008-Text & email received for all 3 forms.
11/23/12, Day 010-I-130 & I-485 checks cashed.
11/26/12, Day 013-NOAs received for I-130, I-485, I-765.
12/05/12, Day 022-Biometrics appointment (12/20) NOA received.
12/06/12, Day 023-Successful Walk-in biometrics @ Brooklyn ASC.
12/18/12, Day 035-Online case status available (I130-initial review; I1765-initial review; I485-testing and interview)
01/22/13, Day 070-Notice of EAD approval via text & email.
01/25/13, Day 073-EAD card production.
01/28/13, Day 076-EAD mailed.
01/30/13, Day 078-EAD received.
04/01/13, Day 139-Text and email notification for May 6th interview received.
05/06/13, Day 171-Interview @ Federal plaza, NYC. Further review but we're highly favored biggrin.png

06/05/13, Day --- - Notification of stokes interview received in mail.

07/31/13, Day --- - Stokes interview @ Federal plaza, NYC. Approved!
07/31/13, Day --- -Green card production email and text received.
08/06/13, Day --- -Green card mailed.
0x/xx/13, -Green card received. :-D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.