ChristianZane

CSC K1's delayed at least two months

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi everyone, a bit of bad news if you filed a K1 with the California Service Center, I called them in regards to possibly expediting my case due to a medical emergency, a very friendly supervisor explained that they are running at least EIGHT weeks behind for June, July, August and September filers, and that their anticipated NOA2 approval time is now a minimum of seven months. Apparently most of the adjudicators have been pulled to deal with a backlog of Obama's Dream Act cases allowing children of illegal immigrants to obtain access to work permits which they have been flooded with, just bad timing I guess. All K1's filed in Spring of 2011 were approved within 100 days. I'll update this info if I hear back from them in regards to my expedite request, but plan on a minimum of seven months for a NOA2. :help:

How odd. All the Obama cases are meant to go to VSC only. Perhaps they have sent a lot of K1's to CSC instead, in order to free them up to work on those.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How odd. All the Obama cases are meant to go to VSC only. Perhaps they have sent a lot of K1's to CSC instead, in order to free them up to work on those.

Dream Act cases can go to CSC if the person applying resides in California. And there are a lot of people from California applying under the Act :(

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

This is only conjecture on my part as to why the adjudicators have been "reassigned" for the time being, I read in paper that as of November 15, they had received well over 300,000 applications. That is a lot of paperwork. Whatever the reason, you can count on your CSC K1 getting looked at a minimum of seven months from your NOA1.

Dream Act cases can go to CSC if the person applying resides in California. And there are a lot of people from California applying under the Act :(

I called CSC yesterday and was told by an officer on the phone that CSC was now working on July 17th cases...this seems to have been at a bit at a standstill over the past month. All we can hope for is that they start processing the rest of July people here and move onto August, September, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Welcome to the club of those desperately waiting for VSC to put its @## in gear. Wouldn't it be fabulous if the visa application process was efficient and quick all around?

Our Timeline
Oct 2009 - First met at a conference for work in Puerto Rico
Nov 2009 to Present - Many visits between us!
October 2011 - Julien visited Malynda and proposed!
July 2012 - Malynda visited France to meet all of Julien's family and work on K1 Visa forms
August 3, 2012 - K1 Visa Application mailed in!!
August 8, 2012 - NOA 1 Received

December 2012 - Julien visited Iowa to meet all of Malynda's family
February 13, 2013 - NOA 2 Received
April 24, 2013 - Visa Interview & APPROVAL!!!

July 1, 2013 - Julien moved to the US!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone, a bit of bad news if you filed a K1 with the California Service Center, I called them in regards to possibly expediting my case due to a medical emergency, a very friendly supervisor explained that they are running at least EIGHT weeks behind for June, July, August and September filers, and that their anticipated NOA2 approval time is now a minimum of seven months. Apparently most of the adjudicators have been pulled to deal with a backlog of Obama's Dream Act cases allowing children of illegal immigrants to obtain access to work permits which they have been flooded with, just bad timing I guess. All K1's filed in Spring of 2011 were approved within 100 days. I'll update this info if I hear back from them in regards to my expedite request, but plan on a minimum of seven months for a NOA2. :help:

Seriously??? I guess we were very lucky then... Our NOA1 was June 20th and our petition was approved in less than 4 months! How could this change so dramatically within only a month of filing the petition??

06-13-2012 - I-129F sent

10-11-2012 - NOA2

01-09-2013 - Interview (approved)

01-18-2013 - Visa received by DHL

-------------------------------------------------

02-21-2013 - One-way-flight to San Diego

03-22-2013 - Wedding

04-16-2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent

07-26-2013 - Green Card approved

05-11-2015 - I-751 sent

08-12-2015 - ROC Approved

05-14-2016 - N-400 sent

05-17-2016 - NOA1

06-10-2016 - Biometrics

12-16-2015 - Interview

418 days (1 year, 1 month and 23 days) from Sending out I-129F to Green Card in Hand

K1 Process: 219 days from Sending out I-129F to K1 Visa in Hand

AOS Process: 111 days from Sending out I-485 to Green Card in Hand

I guess I will start looking into taking trips around Europe to kill time. This is crazy......kissing the idea of spending my fiances birthday with him in April. This sucks.

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Timeline

Well this just confirms to some extent what I was told... if they are processing July 17 cases now, that means those people waited about six months, not five as stated on the USCIS website, and now it's being pushed to seven, hopefully they will catch up (also because of all the holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years) etc. But if you applied for a K1 in August or September, plan on a NOA2 sometimes in March or April.

I called CSC yesterday and was told by an officer on the phone that CSC was now working on July 17th cases...this seems to have been at a bit at a standstill over the past month. All we can hope for is that they start processing the rest of July people here and move onto August, September, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

This is so so so sad. I was hoping to spend my birthday with my fiance. Now I have to go visit and pay so much money. Which is good I will see him but is bad because flight tickets are not so cheap :S oh well. April.. OH.... :(

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.