Penny Lane

Washington National Cathedral to wed same-sex couples

192 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I want to read what Jesus said about homosexuals, not Paul.

Hey Spooks !

The book of Jesus wasn't officially put in the Bible.

There's a few versions of it rolling around from the Dead Sea Scrolls to some other Syrian Digs..

So - if you can find them online, you can read the book of Jesus, and maybe help to answer yer own question?

Not being farsical, I swear !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You replied to my post saying you wanted to see were it was written in the bible. I show you were and then you say i want to see were Jesus said it not Paul? Look it up yourself.

We both know you can't show me. Jesus never said it. :o

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I guess you just pick the parts you want to use to support your views? Or perhaps you don't think that the teachings of Jesus are above all other's in the Bible?

Yea, I'm gay. I'm on an immigration forum.

Yes sir you are absolutely right. I have no idea what i am talking about. I have never once opened the bible and read it and i have never been to a church. I have never even seen a christian in my entire. This is all new to me. That why i am here. To learn from all of you that hang out in the P&R forum. Because you guys are right about everything! You guys have never missed the mark when it comes to politics and religion.

Yes sir you are absolutely right. I have no idea what i am talking about. I have never once opened the bible and read it and i have never been to a church. I have never even seen a christian in my entire. This is all new to me. That why i am here. To learn from all of you that hang out in the P&R forum. Because you guys are right about everything! You guys have never missed the mark when it comes to politics and religion.

If you've read the Bible and you're a Christian then you are quite familiar that Jesus taught us to love one another. Jesus is the reason for Christianity. Why would you ignore the Words of the Son of God? I'm not insulting you.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

If you've read the Bible and you're a Christian then you are quite familiar that Jesus taught us to love one another. Jesus is the reason for Christianity. Why would you ignore the Words of the Son of God? I'm not insulting you.

My apologies. I understand. But i never said that i didnt love anybody and i never said that Jesus didnt love gays. Jesus did come and free us from the old testiment laws. I believe ever word that Jesus spoke. And i also believe ever word that paul wrote in his letter to the corinthians. I dont know everything. And to tell you the truth my beliefs have changed alot in my adult years because of man and the time difference between then and now. There were alot of books that were written that were not published in the bible for whatever reasons i have no idea. All i can do is believe what is in the bible and hope that i didn't miss the mark when i am judged. I would never question someone about their faith and certainly never tell a gay person they were going to hell. All i am saying is what the bible says about it. If i told my gay friends that i could not associate myself with them because of their lifestyle then i would be going against everything Jesus stands for. I would not trade them for anyone.

Edited by Paramedic(918)

My apologies. I understand. But i never said that i didnt love anybody and i never said that Jesus didnt love gays. Jesus did come and free us from the old testiment laws. I believe ever word that Jesus spoke. And i also believe ever word that paul wrote in his letter to the corinthians. I dont know everything. And to tell you the truth my beliefs have changed alot in my adult years because of man and the time difference between then and now. There were alot of books that were written that were not published in the bible for whatever reasons i have no idea. All i can do is believe what is in the bible and hope that i didn't miss the mark when i am judged. I would never question someone about their faith and certainly never tell a gay person they were going to hell. All i am saying is what the bible says about it. If i told my gay friends that i could not associate myself with them because of their lifestyle then i would be going against everything Jesus stands for. I would not trade them for anyone.

I think that beliefs and faith are an ongoing learning experience as we go through life. I think it evolves over time and it changes directions at times. I think that Jesus asks us to do our best but he knows we are human and make plenty of mistakes. He will forgive those who are truly sorry.

There are several writings not included in the Bible. One you might find interesting is the Gospel of Thomas, a collection of sayings attributed to Jesus. I think there are many positive things to be learned from the Bible even from non believers. There are stories of endurance through extreme hardship, stories of perseverance, sayings of wisdom etc.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I guess you just pick the parts you want to use to support your views? Or perhaps you don't think that the teachings of Jesus are above all other's in the Bible?

Yea, I'm gay. I'm on an immigration forum.

Dude, gay immigrants rock. :thumbs:

Our position? Are you preaching at me Mrs. Atheist? You posted earlier in this thread that it is a waste of time for anyone to believe in God. Are you secretly a believer? You deny Jesus he will deny you before the father. But i would bet my life you already know that. But i agree with you 100% on this post. I do not judge them. I have several friends that are gay and they know my position and we are still friends. One of those friends is a female Marine who i look up to in many ways. But Gods word does not change. Not ever. The problem is people choose what parts of the bible to believe based off of their life choices. But the fact is Homosexuals do not inherit the kingdom of God. The only way they can is to turn their back on it, accept Jesus and repent. One thing is 100% certain, God is faithful and just to forgive any and all sin if they turn their back on it.

you asked me a question, i answered - no preaching. i was raised completely immersed in the southern baptist church. my atheism was hard earned. unlike many complacent christians, i sincerely struggled to accept what i was taught in church. there isn't a single thing you can regurgitate from the bible that i haven't heard before and probably more than once. there is nothing in the bible attributed to jesus that i disagree with; the fact remains that jesus does not mention homosexuality in the bible.

and 'god's word' does change. learn the history of your bible and how it came to be in it's present form.

What did Jesus say about homosexuals?

The dodge they use is, that Homosexuality is un repentant sin. The gay people "Choose" to be gay and don't plan to change or feel remorse so they are living outside Gods will.

The person lying or committing adultery etc knows it's wrong, but just makes mistakes because the flesh is weak, and ask for forgiveness and wants to change. Then the next time they do it, the cycle starts anew.

Most people view the most egregious sins as the ones they don't practice. In other words if you don't drink it's a mortal sin, If you like to sleep around, then not tithing is the big no no. That is the way it works. Homosexuals are a small % of the population so most people are not gay, so bingo. Easy target.

I.e. I use to really hate on Mr. Bill C about his flings. Then I got caught in a bad marriage, and played with a few interns myself. Now I understand the man and don't see that as having any bearing on his job.

We are all hypocrites, but somehow becoming a christian and thinking you can judge others usually makes you more of one.

I can't take anyone who thinks homosexuality is a choice seriously.

I also don't necessarily think religion is a choice, either. It's hard to train your brain to believe in something. And I tried! I wanted to believe in God as a kid because it made me feel better to think that someone else was out there and in control. But no matter how hard I tried, and no matter how often I attempted to pray, I felt silly and my 8 year old self knew that I just didn't buy it.

How you interpret the "rules" of your religion, however, and how you use them in your every day life... that's all on you.

Edited by Evylin