VicandMarilyn

Mailing I-129F

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

All I-129F petitions get mailed to the Dallas lockbox right?

What service center will process my application?

I’m guessing since I’m in Las Vegas, it would be Texas or California....right?

CSC, maybe. I'm not sure though. :P

Anyway, God bless on your journey!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There are only 2 service centers that process the I-129F, California and Vermont. So, it will be one of those 2 only. The Dallas lockbox that all the petitions are mailed to is an intake facility and NOT the Texas Service Center. The TSC does not process I-129F petitions.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

There are only 2 service centers that process the I-129F, California and Vermont. So, it will be one of those 2 only. The Dallas lockbox that all the petitions are mailed to is an intake facility and NOT the Texas Service Center. The TSC does not process I-129F petitions.

Ok thanks...Is there any advantage to mailing Express? Other than it just gets there faster :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

All I-129F petitions get mailed to the Dallas lockbox right?

What service center will process my application?

I’m guessing since I’m in Las Vegas, it would be Texas or California....right?

Hi if you are from Las Vegas,state Nevada your petition will go to the California service center.It depends on state where petitioner lives. Good luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wait... what? Just to confirm this: if we send the forms to the addresses in Texas listed on the I-129f instruction sheet, they don't actually end up in Texas?

2013.1.7- I-129f mailed to Texas Lockbox (with correct fee this time--> Delivered 2013.1.8 (priority date)

2013.5.29- RFE mailed--> 2013.6.3 RFE arrives --> 2013.7.3 Forms mailed back to CIS via DHL--> 2013.7.5 CSC confirms receipt of evidence

2013.7.26- I129f approved! --> 2013.8.16- NVC confirms receipt of petition

2013.8.30- P3 arrives at fiancee's home --> 2013.9.8 P3 documents mailed to GUZ

2013.9.20- P4 email arrives

2013.10.25- Medical exam; 2013.10.28- Interview--> APPROVED!

2014.2.20- POE!; 2014.2.21- reunited in my hometown :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Wait... what? Just to confirm this: if we send the forms to the addresses in Texas listed on the I-129f instruction sheet, they don't actually end up in Texas?

They get sent to either California or Vermont, depending on what state you are in. Think of Texas as just a sorting office.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No ...all petitions I-129F are sent first there..,but then they divided to different service centers.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Where to File :File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

• We recommend reading our Lockbox Filing Tips before filing your petition.

• We will send you an email or text when the Dallas Lockbox facility accepts your Form I-129F if you clip a completed Form G-1145, Notification of Acceptance of Application/Petition to the front of your petition.

Note: A Form I-129F Petition cannot be adjudicated at a USCIS Office abroad.

USPS priority mail is in two days and is track able.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USPS priority mail is in two days and is track able.

Yes, send it Priority Mail. Get one of those free flat-rate envelopes at the post office, pay for postage online and print the label and for less than $5, it will get there in 2 days with delivery confirmation. Make sure you have a copy of everything just in case it somehow gets lost, but I've never seen anything get lost with Priority Mail.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

Yes, send it Priority Mail. Get one of those free flat-rate envelopes at the post office, pay for postage online and print the label and for less than $5, it will get there in 2 days with delivery confirmation. Make sure you have a copy of everything just in case it somehow gets lost, but I've never seen anything get lost with Priority Mail.

Makes sence....Thanks!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They are mailed to the Dallas lockbox address which is in Texas. The lockbox is not the Texas Service Center though. The TSC does not process I-129F petitions. The petitions are received at the Dallas lockbox, checks cashed, and then sorted and sent out to one of the only two service centers that process the I-129F petitions, California or Vermont. You can look at your NOA1 receipt notice to find out which one yours was sent to. If your case number starts with WAC, then it is at the CSC. If it starts with EAC, then it is at the VSC.

Everyone should change their profiles to their correct service center, CSC or VSC in order to get a more accurate timeline here. I see a lot of people mistakenly put TSC in their profiles(such as you have), and this is wrong, and will not allow for you to see the best approximate dates for when your petition will be approved.

And I agree about how to send the petition.. just use USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation. No reason to pay to overnight the petition to them.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I used overnight and would always recommend that. I mailed my petition one day, it was received the next, and my NOA1 date was the next.. so 2 days from mailing it to NOA1. For an extra few bucks I may have shaved some days off the process. I see a lot of folks on Igor's list who mailed their petition before mine but have NOA1 dates after mine. I look at it this way - if the NOA1 to NOA2 process takes 20 to 25 weeks, would you be willing to pay $20 per week to shorten that? I know I would, and that's what overnight does, it cuts time off the process. I've seen NOA1 dates from 5 to 9 days after mailing, which means I might have shaved off close to a full week for those $18. Good deal if you ask me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

ALL 129f files are to be sent to DALLAS LOCKBOX. it does not matter where in the U.S.A. you live.

sending express or overnight does not matter. the very most you should need is some kind of delivery confirmation.

the dallas lockbox is not the texas service center.

Edited by P A U L

Timeline

I used overnight and would always recommend that. I mailed my petition one day, it was received the next, and my NOA1 date was the next.. so 2 days from mailing it to NOA1. For an extra few bucks I may have shaved some days off the process. I see a lot of folks on Igor's list who mailed their petition before mine but have NOA1 dates after mine. I look at it this way - if the NOA1 to NOA2 process takes 20 to 25 weeks, would you be willing to pay $20 per week to shorten that? I know I would, and that's what overnight does, it cuts time off the process. I've seen NOA1 dates from 5 to 9 days after mailing, which means I might have shaved off close to a full week for those $18. Good deal if you ask me.

If I send it express to:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

Should I use the above address on the cover letter or still use the following address?

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

Edited by vw68j

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.