27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Effects of Major Changes and then returned to that forum. ***

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Dude open your passport and read exactly wht type of visa you had in first place.

Someone said you might have K3 and you are like ooohh yea it maybe K3.

You were back as what citizen?

My guess is they let u in as a CA tourist, nothing else.

I doubt it....went thru secondary inspection.

Regardless....the visa is expired, and I am here illegally. I had asked if I remarried would have any effect, or would I still need to return to Canada?

Since you do not wish to answer the question regarding what type of visa, it only leaes one option you can in as a tourist. You will need to return to your country that you holds a passport with, and have your financee or wife to apply for a vali visa for you.

Timeline

Since you do not wish to answer the question regarding what type of visa, it only leaes one option you can in as a tourist. You will need to return to your country that you holds a passport with, and have your financee or wife to apply for a vali visa for you.

It was a K-3....sorry, thought I answered that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was a K-3....sorry, thought I answered that.

You are a tourist, you must leave and return to Canada. You aren't divorced yet so repetitioning isn't an option.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am divorced

Sorry, I misread

Do you have someone to petition for you? You should return regardless. You look desperate to stay in the US

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Sorry, I misread

Do you have someone to petition for you? You should return regardless. You look desperate to stay in the US

Good luck

Lots of people would petition for me, but, does it not need to be a spouse?

I think you have been given that information in previous posts.

USC can only petition, a finance, spouse,children, parents or siblings. Which one are you?

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I doubt it....went thru secondary inspection.

Regardless....the visa is expired, and I am here illegally. I had asked if I remarried would have any effect, or would I still need to return to Canada?

Here's the thing. I *think* you were admitted as a visitor, but without you having a stamp in your passport it's hard to know for sure. However I don't think the K3 has the same restriction of a K1 (that is AOS ONLY based on marriage to the original petitioner).

If you were re-admitted as a K3:

1. and it does have that restriction, then you can't AOS by marriage to anyone else so you're SOL.

2. and it DOESN'T have that restriction, then you could in theory marry another USC and try and AOS thanks to marriage to them. Of course your marriage would be under scrutiny because you are in the US on a K3, never AOSd based on the marriage... etc etc

If you were re-admitted as a visitor then you could marry another USC and AOS thanks to marriage as #2 above.

Basically right now it's likely you're out-of-status and accumulating overstay. Leaving the US would result in a ban and per your OP you don't want to leave because you want to keep an eye on your asset.

You said you divorced in 2011. How was the house separated? Was it supposed to be sold and then the profit divided? Who is on the mortgage (if there is one)? Could you get her to re-mortgage the house and pay you out your share so that she can deal with the sale? Or vice-versa (though your lack of status I doubt you'd get a mortgage)? Have you talked about reducing the price to make it sell? So long on the market isn't good. Are you at least renting it out so that you get some sort of income instead of losing money?

Timeline

Here's the thing. I *think* you were admitted as a visitor, but without you having a stamp in your passport it's hard to know for sure. However I don't think the K3 has the same restriction of a K1 (that is AOS ONLY based on marriage to the original petitioner).

If you were re-admitted as a K3:

1. and it does have that restriction, then you can't AOS by marriage to anyone else so you're SOL.

2. and it DOESN'T have that restriction, then you could in theory marry another USC and try and AOS thanks to marriage to them. Of course your marriage would be under scrutiny because you are in the US on a K3, never AOSd based on the marriage... etc etc

If you were re-admitted as a visitor then you could marry another USC and AOS thanks to marriage as #2 above.

Basically right now it's likely you're out-of-status and accumulating overstay. Leaving the US would result in a ban and per your OP you don't want to leave because you want to keep an eye on your asset.

You said you divorced in 2011. How was the house separated? Was it supposed to be sold and then the profit divided? Who is on the mortgage (if there is one)? Could you get her to re-mortgage the house and pay you out your share so that she can deal with the sale? Or vice-versa (though your lack of status I doubt you'd get a mortgage)? Have you talked about reducing the price to make it sell? So long on the market isn't good. Are you at least renting it out so that you get some sort of income instead of losing money?

Ok, yes, passport was stamped when I entered Canada in 2010. The house is for sale, she is in it, reduced price already. market is terrible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.