Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2013

861 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question, at what point in the process do they do fingerprinting? I know this is not related to NVC but I didn't know where to post it and didn't want to start a topic just for this.

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Timeline

i dont know of any fingerprinting unless you have a criminal background they require it for the police check cert

i suppose maybe they print you at POE?

other than that no clue

oldlady.gif

Timeline

i dont know of any fingerprinting unless you have a criminal background they require it for the police check cert

i suppose maybe they print you at POE?

other than that no clue

Ok great, No I don't have a criminal background, I asked because my fingerprints have been peeling really badly (don't know the reason why have to see a doctor) and didn't want to delay any fingerprinting if it's required, hopefully it will heal soon :(

event.png

Question, at what point in the process do they do fingerprinting? I know this is not related to NVC but I didn't know where to post it and didn't want to start a topic just for this.

It's required at both the interview and POE. At the interview, they scan your fingerprint with a little machine. At POE though (where I went anyways), it was the old school way with ink (or whatever they use) and paper.

Timeline

It's required at both the interview and POE. At the interview, they scan your fingerprint with a little machine. At POE though (where I went anyways), it was the old school way with ink (or whatever they use) and paper.

ok, then I have to make a trip to a doctor's office :(

thanks

event.png

ok, then I have to make a trip to a doctor's office :(

thanks

You still have a few months ;)

Timeline

Yes I know I just want to make sure it's healed in time for it.

just another question....we didn't include any evidence for bonafide marriage with our petition (except for my passport stamps) and that we lived together for a lil while after we got married, I wanted to know should we send some evidence to NVC and keep the rest for the interview? if we wanted to send evidence to NVC which package should we include it in? AOS or IV?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

just another question....we didn't include any evidence for bonafide marriage with our petition (except for my passport stamps) and that we lived together for a lil while after we got married, I wanted to know should we send some evidence to NVC and keep the rest for the interview? if we wanted to send evidence to NVC which package should we include it in? AOS or IV?

Sure you can send your extra evidence it goes with your IV BILL package.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Sure you can send your extra evidence it goes with your IV BILL package.

ok thanks, my lawyer's clerk doesn't seem to think we need much evidence but I'm going to ask her to include it anyways, it won't hurt right?!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ok thanks, my lawyer's clerk doesn't seem to think we need much evidence but I'm going to ask her to include it anyways, it won't hurt right?!

Well honestly you are going through Canada and well the scrutiny isn't hardly like anything my husband will face in Nigeria.

Read your Canadian forum there's not much need to load up on evidence. Seems u did enough.But no it never hurts.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Well honestly you are going through Canada and well the scrutiny isn't hardly like anything my husband will face in Nigeria.

Read your Canadian forum there's not much need to load up on evidence. Seems u did enough.But no it never hurts.

Thanks, hope all goes well for your husband seems like you guys are almost there, best of luck

event.png

this just occured to me.

when do i even prove my domicile in the us or intend thereof?

You need to send some evidence with the AOS package as there's a question about domicile. You'll also need to bring all of your domicile evidence to the interview. Don't be lacking anything either as Canada is tough on domicile.

No need to send any evidence in the IV package for Canada. Going through the interview at Montreal, it's a very low chance you'll be asked to present any evidence at all. Still bring it with you, but it probably won't be needed. I was never asked to show any evidence at my interview. They only tend to ask a few questions with general cases and you're done with the interview portion in less than 5 minutes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Interview day at the IV unit and again at the poe.

it's an electronic scan thingie.

this just occured to me.

when do i even prove my domicile in the us or intend thereof?

as a USCitizen - the Beneficiary shows the USCitizen's proof on interview day.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

No need to send any evidence in the IV package for Canada. Going through the interview at Montreal, it's a very low chance you'll be asked to present any evidence at all. Still bring it with you, but it probably won't be needed. I was never asked to show any evidence at my interview. They only tend to ask a few questions with general cases and you're done with the interview portion in less than 5 minutes.

oh ok, so you think I shouldn't send ANY evidence? as mentioned in my previous post we didn't include much with our petition either, only passport stamps and that we lived together for several months after getting married and that's it. I will for sure take them with me to the interview. thanks again :)

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.