Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2013

861 posts in this topic

oh ok, so you think I shouldn't send ANY evidence? as mentioned in my previous post we didn't include much with our petition either, only passport stamps and that we lived together for several months after getting married and that's it. I will for sure take them with me to the interview. thanks again :)

Nope, no need for Canada. All I sent were a few photos and plane tickets. That was it. I didn't send anything extra to NVC. And although I brought some evidence with me to the interview, I was never asked for any.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope, no need for Canada. All I sent were a few photos and plane tickets. That was it. I didn't send anything extra to NVC. And although I brought some evidence with me to the interview, I was never asked for any.

ok good to know :) thanks again

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

By any chance, was your wife born elsewhere (not in France)?

As for what questions to ask, your first should probably be where is the visa laughing.gif Give the date of your interview, tell them you were told you'd get it within 10 days, tell them how many days it's been. You may have to ask if you've been put into AP. If needed, tell them what DOS has told you. If the embassy does say you were put into AP, ask why. And be adamant until you know for certain. Get as much details as possible since it's going to be an expensive phone call.

My wife just called the Paris Embassy and they would NOT give us any information that we wanted. We just wasted $20. My wife wanted them to check the status of the case and they only told us to wait and that she can go the the Embassy in person on any Friday.

seems like a scam to me so they can make there $20. They never even asked for a case number or her name. She told them we had a case number, etc... but they just said to wait. And she asked them if we where in AP. But like I have been saying, the Embassy did not give any information to the status of our case.

PS. My wife is not living in Paris and is no longer working, she had to put in a 3 month notice. And she will have to find another place to stay at the end of the month.

Edited by DeniseFrance

Timeline

You need to send some evidence with the AOS package as there's a question about domicile. You'll also need to bring all of your domicile evidence to the interview. Don't be lacking anything either as Canada is tough on domicile.

My question from the domicile thread in Canada that has yet to be answered:

Question. So the only thing that i DONT have in the us is a lease.

I gave up my apt to pay for one for my husband so that he had ties to canada.

I have bank statements. Credit card statements. An active license. All originating from my parents address.

Ive also been at my current employer for almost (3) years.

If I create a lease from my parents stating we can live on the premises rent free for a maximum for 2 months at which time rent becomes XX dollars does anyone see anything specific that id be missing that proves my domicile?

With some minor grammar/spelling changes because I was on my vita at the time.

oldlady.gif

My wife just called the Paris Embassy and they would NOT give us any information that we wanted. We just wasted $20. My wife wanted them to check the status of the case and they only told us to wait and that she can go the the Embassy in person on any Friday.

seems like a scam to me so they can make there $20. They never even asked for a case number or her name. She told them we had a case number, etc... but they just said to wait. And she asked them if we where in AP. But like I have been saying, the Embassy did not give any information to the status of our case.

PS. My wife is not living in Paris and is no longer working, she had to put in a 3 month notice. And she will have to find another place to stay at the end of the month.

Jeez, that's a major bummer :( But, there was one thing that came out of it: she can go to the embassy on any Friday. This might be a good lead. If she can get in and talk to someone, she might be able to find out what's going on. How close is she to Paris?

My question from the domicile thread in Canada that has yet to be answered:

With some minor grammar/spelling changes because I was on my vita at the time.

If you can get some kind of statement from your parents as a mock lease, that'd really help. There's a list of domicile suggestions in the second post.

Timeline

If you can get some kind of statement from your parents as a mock lease, that'd really help. There's a list of domicile suggestions in the second post.

I see that.

I guess my tax return from this year will help too.

I feel confident I should be fine.

Being at my current job for almost 3 years now is probably a big help lol

oldlady.gif

I see that.

I guess my tax return from this year will help too.

I feel confident I should be fine.

Being at my current job for almost 3 years now is probably a big help lol

All that is great! As long as you have things in order for the interview, it should go well. Just bring as much as you can.

ughhh I'm going crazyyyy, case is still not at NVC :( what if it's lost somewhere?? will USCIS be able to tell me when they sent it out? does the USC need to call for this or can I call myself? :(

Okay, I want you to take a deep breath and let it out. You are FINE. These things take time and you need to be patient.

Yes, one can call USCIS to find out when their case was sent out. But it has to be the US citizen that calls.

Timeline

Okay, I want you to take a deep breath and let it out. You are FINE. These things take time and you need to be patient.

Yes, one can call USCIS to find out when their case was sent out. But it has to be the US citizen that calls.

:( I'm really not a patient person when it comes to these things, I panic and can't help it. Sorry for the repetitive frustration posts. I'm gonna try to be as patient as I can be!

event.png

:( I'm really not a patient person when it comes to these things, I panic and can't help it. Sorry for the repetitive frustration posts. I'm gonna try to be as patient as I can be!

Maybe some relaxation techniques would help? If not, you're going to be stressed out for the next few months when there really isn't any need to be.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay hang on now. You must grow patience through NVC. You will have so many starts and waits you will go mad. After the 15 business days you can do a NVCresearch inquiry.

Have you called USCIS asked for a supervisor and asked specifically "when did my case physically leave the service center?"

This happened to me lost for 30 days so I know what you are going through. If I had known to call CSC way back at the beginning I might have saved myself alot of time.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Okay hang on now. You must grow patience through NVC. You will have so many starts and waits you will go mad. After the 15 business days you can do a NVCresearch inquiry.

Have you called USCIS asked for a supervisor and asked specifically "when did my case physically leave the service center?"

This happened to me lost for 30 days so I know what you are going through. If I had known to call CSC way back at the beginning I might have saved myself alot of time.

Well although it's been 20 days since our NOA2 it has only been 11 business days :( I will continue calling everyday and hopefully it will get there this week, if not I will put in the NVC reseach inquiry. I can't call USCIS since I'm the beneficiary, my husband will call tomorrow.

Calling CSC? at what point in time should I consider doing that if my case doesn't show up??

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Well although it's been 20 days since our NOA2 it has only been 11 business days :( I will continue calling everyday and hopefully it will get there this week, if not I will put in the NVC reseach inquiry. I can't call USCIS since I'm the beneficiary, my husband will call tomorrow.

Calling CSC? at what point in time should I consider doing that if my case doesn't show up??

Our NOA2 and NVC case number were 25 days apart and not even any holidays in between. Maybe give it another week?

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh I see you are at NBC so you would call theme (It's USCIS main number) But they will say it can take up to 30 days to get there so they may not know. I called 28 days since I did the NVCresearch after 15 business days.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.