Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2013

861 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

just mailed by AOS.. woohhooo..

Now do I just wait not for the IV bill to be invoiced?

This might be a dumb question, but will be receiving the IV packet from NVC? or can I get a head start some how?

Thanks.

just mailed by AOS.. woohhooo..

Now do I just wait not for the IV bill to be invoiced?

This might be a dumb question, but will be receiving the IV packet from NVC? or can I get a head start some how?

Thanks.

The IV bill will be invoiced once the DS-3032 has been accepted and added to the case file. You can find the DS-230 online. And you can gather the certificates already. Most people have this done actually before they even get to NVC. Go back to the first post and re-read everything.

Checking in..... Just got our noa2 hardcopy.. The date of notice was jan. 20. We're thinking of calling NVC for case #. But i think we just have to wait for nvc confirmation letter..right?? Or i should start calling by now??. :-) i hope this nvc thing is fast just like our uscis... I just hope. ;-)

Lord God You Know All Things, You Can Do All Things. We Trust You So Much!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Checking in..... Just got our noa2 hardcopy.. The date of notice was jan. 20. We're thinking of calling NVC for case #. But i think we just have to wait for nvc confirmation letter..right?? Or i should start calling by now??. :-) i hope this nvc thing is fast just like our uscis... I just hope. ;-)

Grats on your NOA2! kicking.gif Start calling Monday if you wish. But be warned, it's taking around 3-4 weeks currently from NOA2 to get a case number assigned. If you wait and don't call, expect a few months to hear from NVC as they have to send the initial information package by snail mail. The benefit of calling is that when the case number IS assigned, you can give both email addresses to an operator. That way, NVC will send correspondence to you by email, instead of snail mail.

While you're waiting, I highly suggest you go read the first two posts. I put a lot of information together to help you breeze through the NVC process ;)

Sis saylin, are they giving the case # thru phone when u call? Or u just give the email address and thru email?

Sis saylin, are they giving the case # thru phone when u call? Or u just give the email address and thru email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Telephone.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You can't give email addresses to an operator until AFTER a case number has been assigned.

So, you have two options to get your case number:

FASTEST: calling

SLOWEST: waiting for snail mail

New Year, new month, new thread!

Information:

FAQ

I'm filing for my mom. I called the NVC last January 23 and the operator said that they just receive the papers from USCIS. I'll call them back next week to give my email add & my mom's. Anyway, my mom gave me her email password because she's not that good in computer. Is it ok if i'll use my mom's email account to send the DS 3032 Choice of Address and agent? By the way, my mom is in the other country. thanks ahead for your reply!

Edited by DenMar_S

USCIS

11/23/12 - I-130 filed

12/05/12 - Petition received thru txt

12/06/12 - Check cashed

01/10/12 - Approved from USCIS online (after 42 days)

01/16/13 - NOA2

NVC

01/23/13 - NVC received case

02/05/13 - got NVC and IIN numbers

02/06/13 - DS3032 email sent

02/08/13 - AOS bill paid

02/09/13 - AOS packet sent

02/21/13 - DS3032 accepted

03/04/13 - IV bill paid

03/04/13 - IV packet sent

03/07/13 - case completed

Consulate

02/23/13 - medical appointment

04/02/13 - interview - approved!

04/15/13 - visa in hand

06/07/13 - POE (LAX)

http://www.youtube.com/user/marie7580

Hi VJ member!

I'm filing for my mom. I called the NVC last January 23 and the operator said that they just receive the papers from USCIS. I'll call them back next week to give my email add & my mom's. Anyway, my mom gave me her email password because she's not that good in computer. Is it ok if i'll use my mom's email account to send the DS 3032 Choice of Address and agent? By the way, my mom is in the other country. thanks ahead for your reply!

USCIS

11/23/12 - I-130 filed

12/06/12 - Check cashed

01/16/13 - NOA2

NVC

02/08/13 - AOS bill paid

03/04/13 - IV bill paid

Consulate

04/15/13 - visa in hand

06/07/13 - POE (LAX)

Grats on your NOA2! kicking.gif Start calling Monday if you wish. But be warned, it's taking around 3-4 weeks currently from NOA2 to get a case number assigned. If you wait and don't call, expect a few months to hear from NVC as they have to send the initial information package by snail mail. The benefit of calling is that when the case number IS assigned, you can give both email addresses to an operator. That way, NVC will send correspondence to you by email, instead of snail mail.

While you're waiting, I highly suggest you go read the first two posts. I put a lot of information together to help you breeze through the NVC process ;)

Saylin Hi!

Do you know if NVC still send snail mail after sending correspondence through emails?

thanks!

USCIS

11/23/12 - I-130 filed

12/06/12 - Check cashed

01/16/13 - NOA2

NVC

02/08/13 - AOS bill paid

03/04/13 - IV bill paid

Consulate

04/15/13 - visa in hand

06/07/13 - POE (LAX)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

If we send our AOS package before IV package, will we definitely get a checklist for the IV package? It's just that we need something to take to the police (addressed to us) to actually prove we need a certificate (Japan).

Thank you very much!

I looked at recent numbers (2012) and it's even shorten on average. But to be safe, with 55 days for NVC and then 1 month for interview, I'm now looking at April!

hi mntjc, may i ask? when did u receive your noa2 got approved? mine we got approved last january 20. and still waiting for nvc case #

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hi mntjc, may i ask? when did u receive your noa2 got approved? mine we got approved last january 20. and still waiting for nvc case #

You can see below, it was December 15th, so more than 5 weeks to receive a case number (and I was calling regularly and sending emails).

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.