d and c

Those who are still waiting... When was the last time you saw your fiancé (e)?

77 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dwheels, i also left Nigeria sep 2011 and if there are no problems our k1 interview may be around march too. Yes it's been a loooooong time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

October 3rd 2012...feels like eternity. :(

09/27/2012 Engaged in Jamaica

12/4/2012 Texas Service Center received paperwork USPS delivery conf

12/5/2012 Touched

12/7/2012 Check cashed

12/7/2012 NOA1 sent email and SMS text..forwarded to California Service Center

12/11/2012 Website updated initial review

12/13/2012 NOA1 hardcopy received

04/16/2013 Website updated*** APPROVED!!

04/19/2013 NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

05/30/2013 medical appt

06/13/2013 interview day!! ---APPROVED!!!!

Ceac website: two weeks in "ready "

Ceac website: one week in "AP"

Ceac website: one week back in "ready"

07/10/2013 ceac website -visa:issued..no airbill number

07/15/2013 still no visa kng embassy is ran by incompetent baboons

07/17/2013 notified visa w/dhl

07/18/2013 fiance picked up visa

08/04/2013 POE

08/08/2013 Wedding Day

08/26/2013 mailed AOS,EAD,AP paperwork

08/28/2013 tracking conf papers delivered

09/04/2013 3 txt msgs recvd with cases #s

09/06/2013 check cashed

09/09/2013 recvd all (3) Noa1 hardcopies

10/01/2013 Biometrics appt (hoping to do a walk in)--successful walk in done 9-16

10/31/2013 EAD/AP approved

11/09/2013 EAD/AP in hand!

01/27/2013 Green Card in production!!

01/31/2013 Received a "welcome to America "letter

02/05/2014 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Last time I saw my honey in person was February 29, 2011 at the airport. With my new job not giving me any vacation until I have worked here a year, I don't think I will be able to go back until September. That will make 18 months apart...unless something great happens with his visa :o

Filed: Timeline

Yes I heard it's hard to get a visitor visa especially it's considered a high risk country. But still keeping my hopes to one day live with him.

Are you going to be present at your wedding though. Congrats to you!

Thanks for the congrats. I am leaving tomorrow for the wedding In Sha Allah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I know the long wait can be hard. Hang in there.

When I filed for my husband in 10/2011, we both knew this will be a long wait (1 year) process. But we've both kept in mind that waiting 1 year is better than never or 10 years. And don't forget, we're not the only couple in this world trying to him to come live in the U.S. After 10/2011, I visited him in his country for Christmas and New Year. I know the feeling, and I know how hard it is to return home, alone! :( Thank god for MSN, webcam, and skype. What we did was focus on what is needed for the additional K-1 Visa (proof of work, tax transcript, etc...) which takes about a 5 months. As soon as I sent those off and was done with my part for USCIS and NVC, I headed to my husband's country 3/2012 and stayed with him until he got approve from the US Embassy for his Immigrating to the U.S. on 10/2012 with Visa in his hands! I came back home to the US 10/2012, and started working again. My husband was 1 week behind me, arrived on 11/2/2012 because we had to buy him a new ticket while I had my return trip ticket.

Hang in there, and stay positive!

Wow...this is a good thread to share the pain of being lonely. We met online in mid 2009 and yes we chat, text, yahoo, and skype everyday. From 2009 to 2011 I have not seen my now husband face-to-face. I saw him for the first time in march 2012 and we got married and now I have to wait again till filing is complete. I do remember him applying for a visitor visa in 9ja (nigeria) and saying he wants to visit me (girlfriend) and was denied. We were both in tears. THe fact our entire relationship has been via online, we both are tired of chatting but we continue to do it because this is the only communication we have. But let me tell you when he does get the visa to come I will be taking a long break from the internet. I understand how you all feel being apart from your spouse.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there..first of all ,I would like to greet you a happy new year. The last time I saw my sweetheart was last October 24,2012 in Manila International Airport. It was his 3rd visit here in the Phil. My heart was aching to see him standing in departure area lonely and.. :( we were very, very sad. But in Jan. 2013,,he will visit us again. I am so happy to be with him .. again.. ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I wouldn't see mine until July only if I visit him. Still gathering documents to file the K1. I saw him a month ago for few days. He was denied visitor visa because they don't think he'll return to Ghana :-( . Miss him can not believe I have to wait for such a long time to see him again :-( . Need something to keep me going so post your sob story here.

Its been 7 months :(

I've recently applied for a tourist visa to visit him in his country , but the Pakistani Embassy in Chicago is taking so so long to approve my visit. I am wondering if they will approve it all.

When my fiance went for his interview in Islamabad the US embassy kept his passport. He has wrote several times and asked for it back so that he could visit me in a third country , but the embassy is ignoring his request.

Im not sure when I can see him again ... but the minutes are like days

you guys should have filed for the k1 they its kinder hard allowing africans that have a gf in the state a tourist visa they think he just wants to immigrate to the state they rather you apply for the k1 which if he had done after the wedding if you did not want to adjust your status immediately he could have gone back after six months and later when you guys are ready he can now file for it from ghana which would have been of his own advantage

well i saw my fiancee last 14th January 2012 i got my k1 visa approved 19th december 2012 now am just waiting to cellect my visa and go be with her due to the holidays they have not be able to get my visa done was told to come check back on the 4th january

Love stretches your heart and makes you BIG inside

August 12th :( We usually saw each other every 3-4 months, this wait is going to be the longest - neither of us can fly out for various reasons. But we are in the numb stage of just waiting and chatting online as much as we can (waking up at 4am and such hehe) . Good luck to all of you guys and seeing how so many of you have been away from your loved ones for such a long time .....goodness. My positive thoughts go out to all of you !!!! *group hug* :D

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Reading some of your stories makes me realize how lucky I am!

My fiancée spent 4 and a half months with me here in Germany last summer, and I went to California for a 2.5 week visit in October. Then she visited me over the holidays for 2 weeks, and I had to drop her off at the airport yesterday, which was very hard. Unfortunately she couldn't stay to celebrate the New Year, and even after a day I already miss her terribly!

I have my interview appointment at the Frankfurt consulate on Jan. 9th, and hopefully I will be able to move to California in February!

To those who have been waiting for a long time, good luck on your journey and I hope that all of you will be united with your loved ones soon!

Happy New Year!

06-13-2012 - I-129F sent

10-11-2012 - NOA2

01-09-2013 - Interview (approved)

01-18-2013 - Visa received by DHL

-------------------------------------------------

02-21-2013 - One-way-flight to San Diego

03-22-2013 - Wedding

04-16-2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent

07-26-2013 - Green Card approved

05-11-2015 - I-751 sent

08-12-2015 - ROC Approved

05-14-2016 - N-400 sent

05-17-2016 - NOA1

06-10-2016 - Biometrics

12-16-2015 - Interview

418 days (1 year, 1 month and 23 days) from Sending out I-129F to Green Card in Hand

K1 Process: 219 days from Sending out I-129F to K1 Visa in Hand

AOS Process: 111 days from Sending out I-485 to Green Card in Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiancee and I spent a romantic week in Panama 10/28 to 11/4. It was a great idea because we got to spend quality time alone together. When I visited her in Colombia her family and friends were around us a lot :) . I gave my fiancee her engagement ring during the trip to Panama so we have an everlasting memory of our time together. I wanted to visit her in February but I decided to wait until her interview at the Embassy which we hope will be in April if her petition is approved in January or February. I don't have the money or the vacation time at work to visit her twice in the first 4 months of the year. We see each other on Skype everyday and I encourage her by talking about the couples on this site that haven't seen each other for more than 6 months. I also tell her about the immigrants I work with that left their spouses behind in their home countries so they can have the opportunity to come to the US and work. I know the wait until the next trip will be difficult but our love is strong enough to endure the stress and sadness. Good luck to all of you and thank you for inspiring us.

June 4, 2012 - Kelly and I had our first chats on Skype and Windows Live Messenger.

July 10 - 25, 2012 - We met in person and spent time together during my trip to Barranquilla, Colombia. At the end of the trip we decided to apply for the fiancee visa.

August 1, 2012 - I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancee sent via Fed Ex.

August 3, 2012 - Petition received at the USCIS Lock box in Lewisville, Texas.

August 7, 2012 - Received NOA 1 email and text message. Received the official NOA 1 letter in the mail a few days later. The petition was forwarded to the infamous Vermont Service Center.

March 6, 2012 - Received email from USCIS stating that our visa petition was approved and the NOA 2 letter was sent on March 5th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Girl, that's very long time without your love. How much long do you have to wait for? Mine lives by himself too and does everything by himself. He is a Ghanian and as I learned it's very hard to get a visitor visa in Ghana. We should keep in touch to motivate each other. Mine works a lot and rarely eats home meal. Can't wait for me to permanently be with him. Only prayers can carry us through this rough paths of our lives. I face requested you as a friend lol.

THAT will be awesome will love to be buddys. dont worry everything will be over soon.i guess i still have about 5 more months to go :crying: if all goes well.our case just arrieved at the consuulate a few weeks :dance: .But until then its skype for us.goodluck dear.will approve your friendrequest. :thumbs:

October 3rd 2012...feels like eternity. :(

awww but that is recent.dont worry dear

Timeline

Well I left Nigeria and my beloved husband September 27th, 2011 to come back file and start working on Affidavit of Support. If not for that I-1864 form I would still be with my husband.

Now 15 months later I miss him like crazy. Some major drama with him sending me the DS-230 package (we been trying since 9/10....5 months today at NVC we have been) but happy to say it's in town and to be delivered either tomorrow or Wednesday so we can send off and get case complete and interview looking like March.

I plan to go back to Nigeria soon as Passport Center finds my passport application (more drama) and I will be staying in Nigeria until interview and Visa in hand and coming back with my husband. Thank God.

being apart from your hubby for nearly 2yrs is a heart breaker. Glad the visa process is going smoothly for him. Good luck to him on his upcoming interview.

Timeline

I saw her last month and ready to go back now. Like others I just try to keep busy with things. I have to get the bedroom ready for her girls so that will keep me a little busy, plus work will help however little because all I do is think about her.

I feel the same way my dear. Saw mine in November 2012 and if I had my own way I'll return to Ghana just this second! But, like all of you, I'll have to wait. Fixing up your girls room is a perfect way to let time go faster and bringing them closer to your heart. Good luck to you two.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.