Pealicious

Please help! Can i apply for a tourist visa and visit him?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Compliments of the season beloved VJ members..

I have burning questions.

My fiance and i are yet to file for the K1 visa.

We have been going on for a yr and a half (since June 2011) and met in person 27th Dec, 2011, exactly a yr ago when he came visiting in Nig. We got engaged then. He left Nigeria on 1st Feb 2012. We haven't seen since then. It seems like eternity... We miss each other so so so so much and due to work commitments, he couldn't visit this yuletide.

Now, i am considering applying for a tourist visa, early next yr, to go visit him. We all know that if i apply for visiting visa, saying i want to visit my fiance, they could raise eyebrows thinking i intend staying back...

My questions are, let's say i am granted visa under the tourist category, and since going as a tourist means i don't 'know' anyone there and not mentioning him may seem fishy to them afterwards, will it affect our K1 filing when the time comes?

Secondly, I am being optimistic about it, but 'if' i am not given, will it have any effect when the filing starts??

Please, answers are urgently needed.

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is extremely difficult to get tourist visa from Nigeria. If you do apply be truthful in your answers.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Never lie to immigration officials. Even if you think the lie will help you today tomorrow it could stop your dreams. As a Nigerian you have little chance of getting a visa. You will need to show strong ties to Nigeria. A good job, a home, a spouse and children that aren't travelling are typical requirements to get a tourist visa. Even people with these things are typially denied, especially if they have no travel to other countries on a visa. If money is not an issue apply , but don't waste money on tickets until you have a visa in hand.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Compliments of the season beloved VJ members..

I have burning questions.

My fiance and i are yet to file for the K1 visa.

We have been going on for a yr and a half (since June 2011) and met in person 27th Dec, 2011, exactly a yr ago when he came visiting in Nig. We got engaged then. He left Nigeria on 1st Feb 2012. We haven't seen since then. It seems like eternity... We miss each other so so so so much and due to work commitments, he couldn't visit this yuletide.

Now, i am considering applying for a tourist visa, early next yr, to go visit him. We all know that if i apply for visiting visa, saying i want to visit my fiance, they could raise eyebrows thinking i intend staying back...

My questions are, let's say i am granted visa under the tourist category, and since going as a tourist means i don't 'know' anyone there and not mentioning him may seem fishy to them afterwards, will it affect our K1 filing when the time comes?

Secondly, I am being optimistic about it, but 'if' i am not given, will it have any effect when the filing starts??

Please, answers are urgently needed.

Thank you.

Given what I have read about getting the K-1 or spousal visa from Nigeria, it might be better if he came to visit you again rather than spending the money on trying to get a tourist visa to visit the US. You can try, but remember that you must show very strong ties to Nigeria and that Nigeria is considered one of the top visa fraud counties in the world. So you will have an up hill battle and remember that the visa fee is not refundable.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Don't waste your time or money filing for a tourist visa. The embassy would be better off telling people they are obsolete in Nigeria rather than give people false hope.

Work obligations are understandable, but if you and your fiance have met in person, what is the reason he hasn't filed for K1?

Filed: Timeline

Dear, the immigration process is hard enough to complicate it with little lies! If you must apply for tourist visa, you must answer truthfully to the section in the ds156 which ask whether your fiancee is in the USA. Remember you are both engaged now and there will not be any excuse if you lie about it. Why not wait it out till your man can be with you again since it was easy for him to get visa to nigeria than you would get the USA tourist visa! More patience is what you both need at this time. All will be well with you in Jesus name, amen!

Timeline

Two words.....wait for k-1....cos if denied ur chances of K-1 becomes slim

A denied tourist Visa does not ion anyway make chances slim fr a K1 or a Cr1/IR1. Unless of course you lie about who you are visiting. Just about 99.9% of us have had our love one apply for a tourist visa and denied. It shows they have made all attempts to be with us legally which of course always is a good thing.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So how did all those people checking in with Nigerian Airlines when they used to be next to UA do it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Waiting can be torture for those that are in countries where visitors visas are hard to come by. If the US person is unable to travel due to work/cost/family there isn't much to do other than wait. Once the journey is over you will forget this time.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.