Jill and Vic

California service center-August Filer- any news on NOA2?

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everybody!! I'm just curious if anybody from CSC, August filers, received any NoA2s already? I can see that some NOA2s are processed in 2 to 3 months, ours is nearing its 4th month...:(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our NOA1 is dated August 21 and didn't hear about NOA2 yet...

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for your update..:) we got our NOA1 last Aug 24. Hope we could hear from USCIS soon.

We are hoping to get ours soon too!

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everybody!! I'm just curious if anybody from CSC, August filers, received any NoA2s already? I can see that some NOA2s are processed in 2 to 3 months, ours is nearing its 4th month...:(

dON'T FOCUS ON VJ TIMELINE IT IS FLUCTUATING

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Got my NOA1 on August 8th and still waiting. sigh....

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

That what we're going through is so difficult. My fiance came to visit me for Christmas for a week and today he had to go back to the US.. :( Hats off to all of us!

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am also an August filer (the 10th to be specific) and have yet to receive my NOA2. I'm glad I found this thread, I at least now know that I'm not the only one suffering lol. If any of you August filers do receive your NOA2, please post an update on this thread... I'll make sure to do the same. Appreciate it friends! :)

We're still waiting from a NOA1 dated 24 July :(

Anna Grant, NOA1 is the notice from USCIS confirming that they've received your application. Are you sure you don't mean NOA2? If you indeed have yet to receive your NOA1 after 5 months then I would be very worried. Have they cashed your check?

08.07.12 ::: FedExed K1 Petition to California Service Center

08.10.12 ::: NOA1 Text

08.16.12 ::: NOA1 Receipt received in the mail

04:19.13 ::: NOA2 Text and Email (Yay!)

Timeline

CSC seems to have slowed down significantly in the last month or two. It's very common that both Service Centers will speed up and slow down as adjudicators are moved from visa type to another. A year ago right now VSC was approving petitions in just 3 to 3 1/2 months, this year they are at 6 1/2. Last year CSC was at 5 months, this summer they were at 3 or so. Timelines fluctuate. Estimates are just that - estimates. For planning purposes I am counting on 5 months from NOA1 and hoping that holds, understanding that it could easily go to 6 1/2, or even longer.

It's frustrating to be sure. Long story, but I am doing the third K-1 visa petition of my life. I've waited through the process a couple of times already, but that certainly doesn't make it any easier this time around, other than my expectations are a little more grounded these days.

Good luck to everyone, and I am certainly hoping CSC and VSC both speed up. I'd like to see CSC crank through a month and a half worth of visas very quickly so that mine can follow.

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Iam an August Filler too (August 10, 2012) and I have been going through a lot these past few weeks and it's getting so hard to wait anymore. :( anyways lets ray for each other so we all get our NOA 2 ASAP :). It's almost 5 months on January 10th

Edited by Laila.Jawad

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Timeline

Another frustrated August filer here missing their loved one. I miss my baby so much. It has been the first time we have been apart. I have not seen him since September and was looking forward to being with him for the holidays but my return trip got pushed forward to 2nd week of January. I keep checking the USCIS website a few times a day (& night) in the hopes of a change in status. It seems like the days and nights are just dragging along until I get on that plane or get an NOA2, whichever comes first. I never knew being apart from someone you love could be so hard. Hope we all get a flurry of NOA2s soon. Saying the St. Raphael, Angel of Happy Meetings prayer for all of us. Excerpt below:

Dear St. Raphael, Angel of Happy Meetings,

Lead us by the hand toward those we are waiting for and those waiting for us.

May all our movements, all their movements be guided by the light an transfigured by thy joy...

Edited by mysweetlips

Hi! September 2 filer here. Our NOA1 was dated September 7 and until now our case status is still under initial review. :)

God bless us all!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.