one...two...tree

NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre's Much-Criticized Sandy Hook Speech Was Actually Quite Effective

150 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I got a DV for telling her I wanted my money or else...and that was construed as a threat so I got hit with a DV, and I got another DV for breaking a no contact order when I went to the house I paid for and got my clothes and tools while she was at work. In Washington state they call it a DV. Same with my DWI. I was sleeping in my truck in the parking lot of the bar because I didn't want to drive the 2 miles to my house drunk yet because the keys were on my person I got hit with a Physical Control which is the same as a DWI. The cops were dicks and so was the judge. What they nailed me for in Washington and called a felony would have been a few days in jail up here and some community work service chipping ice along with a fine. I'm not too hip on the American justice system after all that #######.

Luckily for me I live next to a cool judge who saw the light.

:thumbs:

When I divorced my 'ex-from-hell' I knew better than to go to the house by myself to get my things. I called the cops to be present to be impartial witnesses so that she could not pull that kind of BS! The idiot cops decided I could not enter my own home to get my own personal belongings! I never did get back many personal items including many things connected to my deceased oldest son (from prior marriage)! The judges seemed to always see themselves as valiant saviors of these 'damsals-in-distress'. They did eventually get wise to this one and the last few go-rounds she dragged me through were complete busts for her. My kids were the ones that paid the highest price. They live with me now and have chosen to have zero contact with her. She may be dead now for all we know! So I understand what you say about some idiot cops and judges!

That wasn't the main thing I was showing with those various posts. The AR15 is more than just cosmetic and the differences have to do with the ease by which someone can indiscriminately fire into a crowd and with high capacity magazines, they could mow down dozens of people in a matter seconds. I even posted an editorial piece by the conservative judge who sentenced Jared Loughner, who happens to be pro-gun. He says no logical reason why assault weapons with high capacity magazines be legal because the potential harm they can do a large number of people in a matter of seconds. That's why this is bigger than just about gun rights - it's a health and safey issue, it's a security issue and it's a cost issue. Maybe what I'm trying to argue will go to deaf ears this time as people quickly forget about that latest massacre, but eventually, the American voter is going to say enough is enough. If gun owners reject a mandatory liability insurance solution and thereby rejecting personal responsibility, then that's when big momma gubmint comes in and takes away their most dangerous toys.

A hate to burst your bubble but a shotgun with 00 buck would be much more effective in causing mass carnage quickly if firing into a crowd. In fact in would be much more effetive hip fired ( lol did I really say that ) than the stupidty of firing from the hip with a semi automatic AR-15.

I guess the idea of getting deranged people off the streets then leaving the law abiding people alone never crossed your mind? It is, after all, the deranged person (there are fewer of those than there are guns) who picks up the gun and pulls the trigger.

Hey a thought - guard what is important then if a deranged person chooses to act out the important things can be defended from him (or her). But to guard it you need a gun right?

On the flip IF you can't get the deranged people off the streets or guard valuable / important places against deranged people what makes you think you can target 40,000,000 other people and hold them accountable for the actions of the deranged people?

The database for the disturbed would be a LOT cheaper and smaller as well. You really believe we want to sell a gun or provide access to a gun for a mentally unstable person?

The reason I bring up semi-auto is that, as the gun nuts on here frequently point out, the difference between an 'assault' weapon and modern semi-auto hunting rifles is mainly cosmetic. The point is sound. One of the objectives of gun control is to limit the ability to fire rapidly as well as the ability to fire many rounds without reloading. This makes it too easy for deranged people to kill large numbers of innocents in spite of attempted heroics like those witnessed at Sandy Hook. Like I have said elsewhere, is it too much to ask that human targets be given any kind of sporting chance?

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

:thumbs:

When I divorced my 'ex-from-hell' I knew better than to go to the house by myself to get my things. I called the cops to be present to be impartial witnesses so that she could not pull that kind of BS! The idiot cops decided I could not enter my own home to get my own personal belongings! I never did get back many personal items including many things connected to my deceased oldest son (from prior marriage)! The judges seemed to always see themselves as valiant saviors of these 'damsals-in-distress'. They did eventually get wise to this one and the last few go-rounds she dragged me through were complete busts for her. My kids were the ones that paid the highest price. They live with me now and have chosen to have zero contact with her. She may be dead now for all we know! So I understand what you say about some idiot cops and judges!

It sounds like you were married to a demon also. And ya agree with you about how the courts screw the guy way more times than naught. I got a $500 contempt of court when I asked the judge (magistrate) if she ever thought of taking a general math course after she had plenty of time to look over our tax returns and still screwed me in the settlement. I think when I offered her the use of a calculator is when she lost her cool. :unsure:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It sounds like you were married to a demon also. And ya agree with you about how the courts screw the guy way more times than naught. I got a $500 contempt of court when I asked the judge (magistrate) if she ever thought of taking a general math course after she had plenty of time to look over our tax returns and still screwed me in the settlement. I think when I offered her the use of a calculator is when she lost her cool. :unsure:

:rofl:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A hate to burst your bubble but a shotgun with 00 buck would be much more effective in causing mass carnage quickly if firing into a crowd. In fact in would be much more effetive hip fired ( lol did I really say that ) than the stupidty of firing from the hip with a semi automatic AR-15.

:thumbs: just don't mention there's shotgun tube magazine extenders.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

art3312.jpg

1_shotguns_saiga_12_ak_47_shotgun_converted_quad_rail_104213.jpg

saiga_12k_tromix.jpg

WMS.jpg

gallery_18546_496_204850.jpg

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

With the plug out mine holds 7. You know with a hand gun to cover you can feed those things quick. I guess my whole point is . Let's talk sense, and banning a gun because it looks a certain way is stupid. Also not selling magazines that hold more than 10 is dumb also. Way to easy to change magazines in under 2 seconds or machine one yourself to hold lots of ammo.

Nope, they do not represent gun owners. They represent gun manufacturers. That is who pays their bills.

They have 4.3 Million members they Represent. You mean to tell me there are 4.3 million gun manufactures in the U.S.? More liberal Hogwash.

So what if they get funding from gun manufactures. Don't you think most companies donate to organizations that support their products. I bet many motorcycle manufactures donate to the AMA heavily.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

They have 4.3 Million members they Represent. You mean to tell me there are 4.3 million gun manufactures in the U.S.? More liberal Hogwash.

So what if they get funding from gun manufactures. Don't you think most companies donate to organizations that support their products. I bet many motorcycle manufactures donate to the AMA heavily.

The average gun owner supports the NRA with every purchase. I always throw extra money in for online orders that go to the NRA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for other than english (ote) - ote is permissible in the regional forums.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Whose bread I eat, his song I sing.

Seems the German version of this century old piece of wisdom violated the TOS. The English version is not more or less true but hopefully it's less offensive to our NRA fans.

Whose bread I eat, his song I sing.

Seems the German version of this century old piece of wisdom violated the TOS. The English version is not more or less true but hopefully it's less offensive to our NRA fans.

Did the Germans sing that song in the first world war, second world war or both?

sigbet.jpg