one...two...tree

NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre's Much-Criticized Sandy Hook Speech Was Actually Quite Effective

150 posts in this topic

? Where do you think their money comes from ?

Over $100,000,000 a year just from individual gun owners membership fees

Whose bread I eat, his song I sing.

Seems the German version of this century old piece of wisdom violated the TOS. The English version is not more or less true but hopefully it's less offensive to our NRA fans.

i don't get it.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

So membership fees account for less than half of the take - 100MM out of 230MM. That same $100MM also goes back into the membership leaving the lobbying expenses to be picked up by someone else. The gun manufacturers.

So membership fees account for less than half of the take - 100MM out of 230MM. That same $100MM also goes back into the membership leaving the lobbying expenses to be picked up by someone else. The gun manufacturers.

The NRA has fund raisers, events, etc... donations account for a decent size chunk of their take. Most people like myself don't have a problem throwing them money now and then.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

The NRA has fund raisers, events, etc... donations account for a decent size chunk of their take. Most people like myself don't have a problem throwing them money now and then.

Send all your money to them. Every dime of it. And then turn around and see what I care.

Fact is that membership fees are not paying for the lobbying. Gun manufacturers are. You guys are props in the game. That's all.

Send all your money to them. Every dime of it. And then turn around and see what I care.

Fact is that membership fees are not paying for the lobbying. Gun manufacturers are. You guys are props in the game. That's all.

I don't care if the NAACP is donating to the NRA as long as the my 2nd Amendment rights are respected.

sigbet.jpg

You may have been told differently but your second amendment rights are not exactly in danger.

I'm not allowed to own an M1 Abrams tank along with Stinger missiles as far as I know, so I still have some issues with the anti gun nuts.

sigbet.jpg

I'm not allowed to own an M1 Abrams tank along with Stinger missiles as far as I know, so I still have some issues with the anti gun nuts.

How about a nuke? Should you be able to own your own private nuke? How about biological and chemical weapons? Should you have a right to own those? And no, I am not talking about farts.

How about a nuke? Should you be able to own your own private nuke? How about biological and chemical weapons? Should you have a right to own those? And no, I am not talking about farts.

American citizens should be able to purchase whatever the US military has access to.

sigbet.jpg

I don't see why you find it so amazing that the companies that manufacturer a product that 4 million Americans buy, and those same consumes have a common goal. Why wouldn't Gun companies support the gun lobby. I am not a pawn at all. The gun lobby supports my point of view and I applaud them for that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I guess the idea of getting deranged people off the streets then leaving the law abiding people alone never crossed your mind? It is, after all, the deranged person (there are fewer of those than there are guns) who picks up the gun and pulls the trigger.

Hey a thought - guard what is important then if a deranged person chooses to act out the important things can be defended from him (or her). But to guard it you need a gun right?

On the flip IF you can't get the deranged people off the streets or guard valuable / important places against deranged people what makes you think you can target 40,000,000 other people and hold them accountable for the actions of the deranged people?

The database for the disturbed would be a LOT cheaper and smaller as well. You really believe we want to sell a gun or provide access to a gun for a mentally unstable person?

How do you propose, as a practical matter, of "getting deranged people off the streets'? Does everybody need to have a comprehensive mental health exam every year? Would that even work? And what thresh-hold do you use to judge someone "deranged"? And what do you do with them once you have judged them? Where do you put them? Who pays for their incarceration? Or do you have a Hitlerian solution in mind? I am not just trying to be difficult here. These are very real questions that would demand real answers before your ideas could be given serious consideration!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

They have 4.3 Million members they Represent. You mean to tell me there are 4.3 million gun manufactures in the U.S.? More liberal Hogwash.

So what if they get funding from gun manufactures. Don't you think most companies donate to organizations that support their products. I bet many motorcycle manufactures donate to the AMA heavily.

And the good medical doctors af the American Medical Association appreciate their support! :lol: