lynn2018

December filer

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

salam everyone!! hope everyone is doing great and their journeys are going along smoothly!! my question is regarding the check, how long does it usually take for them to cash the check sent in with the fiance visa application? i mailed ours off Dec 10, alhamdulillah, and know with it being the holidays it will def take longer for them to get around to even beginning our process but didnt know if there was a general or relative time when they will cash the check, is it when during NOA1 or NOA2? insha'allah things will go smoothly but thank goodness for this website and all its support and love we give each other :-) hope everyone has a great remainder of the week and weekend!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If they accept the application (NOA1) they will then cash the check and forward the application to the appropriate service center.

And then the waiting game begins.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Usually, yeah.

Just keep an eye on that check. It's only been three days since you sent the petition. Give it a couple of weeks good.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

They cashed my check first, but in the afternoon of that same day I got a text message and an email confirming acceptance. My packet made it to them on 11/28 and my check cleared 12/03.

YAAAAY CONGRATS! They cashed mine today so around a week :)

{OUR PROCESS}

*SENT PACKAGE DECEMBER 5TH 2012*

- Dec 9, 2012: Petition received by USCIS via USPS signature confirmation delivery

- Dec 13, 2012: Cleared check & NOA1 later in day

- Dec 18, 2012: NOA1 (hard copy) received in the mail dated the 12th Dec

- February 26, 2013: Petition is being transferred to another office

-February 28, 2013: Petition was received by unspecified office and alien registration number was changed.

-March 04, 2013: Called USCIS & found out our file was transferred to California Service Center.

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

-June 6, 2013: NVC Received petition

-June 19, 2013 : Petition left NVC

-July 3, 2013: Packet 3 Received (via email)

- Aug 13 2013: Interview Date : (Rescheduled for a later date)

- September 25, 2013: New interview date, initially approved but put into AP for insufficient co-sponsor.

- Sept. 25- Nov. 20th 2013: In AP due to insufficient co-sponsor

- Nov 21, 2013: CEAC website says visa is Issued :) YAY!

- Nov 26, 2013: Visa in hand dancin5hr.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Seems like everyone's experience is different. Mines was cashed in 4 days.

09/27/2012 Engaged in Jamaica

12/4/2012 Texas Service Center received paperwork USPS delivery conf

12/5/2012 Touched

12/7/2012 Check cashed

12/7/2012 NOA1 sent email and SMS text..forwarded to California Service Center

12/11/2012 Website updated initial review

12/13/2012 NOA1 hardcopy received

04/16/2013 Website updated*** APPROVED!!

04/19/2013 NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

05/30/2013 medical appt

06/13/2013 interview day!! ---APPROVED!!!!

Ceac website: two weeks in "ready "

Ceac website: one week in "AP"

Ceac website: one week back in "ready"

07/10/2013 ceac website -visa:issued..no airbill number

07/15/2013 still no visa kng embassy is ran by incompetent baboons

07/17/2013 notified visa w/dhl

07/18/2013 fiance picked up visa

08/04/2013 POE

08/08/2013 Wedding Day

08/26/2013 mailed AOS,EAD,AP paperwork

08/28/2013 tracking conf papers delivered

09/04/2013 3 txt msgs recvd with cases #s

09/06/2013 check cashed

09/09/2013 recvd all (3) Noa1 hardcopies

10/01/2013 Biometrics appt (hoping to do a walk in)--successful walk in done 9-16

10/31/2013 EAD/AP approved

11/09/2013 EAD/AP in hand!

01/27/2013 Green Card in production!!

01/31/2013 Received a "welcome to America "letter

02/05/2014 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!

Welcome! I was in your shoes last month. Today is officially our 30 day since getting our NOA1. I sent mine on Nov. 9 and it arrived on Nov. 13 (Labor Day weekend). And the check was cashed TWO DAYS LATER on Nov. 15 and I got my text and the NOA1 hardcopy letter the following Wednesday Nov. 21.

Now we're waiting too. Best wishes to all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Sorry CourtneyAbidine to piggy back off your thread but I noticing alot of people who filed in December such as I have received their NOA1 and I have not got mine and am starting to freak out. I express mail my I-129F to the Lewisville lockbox which was signed for on the 4th of Dec. My check still has not been cash (I know it had the correct info on it). So as I see other on this thread who get them to Texas and got their notices it kinda crappy situation. Anyone have any ideas?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.