Darren & Fern

Proposal Ideas

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am planning on proposing to my Brazilian girlfriend around Christmas in Brazil. We are spending New Years at the beach and I do not know when/where/how to propose and I am looking for ideas. How have you proposed or gotten proposed to from your long distance loved one??

First, good luck to you! I hope that everthing works out for you and your soon to be fiancee.

I'm SURE you thought about this but I learned how to propose in my fiancee's native language, Tagalog. She thought that was very special. I made sure to ask everybody I needed to for permission to marry her. Grandma, Great Uncle, Mom and Dad. I had help from her sister and cousin in that task. Then I made sure to include her immediate family by proposing, in total surprise to her, in front of them. I knew she would say yes BUT I was still nervous and almost forgot what I was going to say! :bonk:

Anyways, enjoy your moment and, again, good luck! :thumbs::dance:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Any proposal is a good one if you are in love, have fun.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I say have a parasailer drop in, deliver a message to your lass, along with the ring.

Bonus points if you are with her.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just find the right moment to propose to her. Tell her how much you love her and how you willing to spend your life with her.

Be really sweet :)

Goodluck :dance: :dance: :dance:

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Any proposal is a good one if you are in love, have fun.

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to Off Topic forum -- topic not specifically related to a K-1 process. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i say having a violin trio walk up to where you are on the beach, playing something romantic, is amazing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Great ideas everyone thanks for the help. If anyone knows what would be awesome for a proposal on the beach for new years let me know.

Don't do this: Beach proposal gone wrong

You could try googling for what Brazilian women look for and find special in a marriage proposal and tailor the proposal from that into one that's special for her. As the one person talked about above you could enlist a family members help in this.

Edited by hikergirl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She told me she was ready to give her life to me, just blurted it out. Within the first week of meeting.

Sounded like a pretty spectacular offer.

She told me she was ready to give her life to me, just blurted it out. Within the first week of meeting.

Sounded like a pretty spectacular offer.

I agree! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

You could propose to her in the airport. Odds are very good that tons of folks there who love to use their cell-phone cameras would be videoing (Especially with their new Christmas toys) and you could even get a video of it. It could be romantic, memorable, and a big surprise.

I don't know how the airport crowds are in Brazil but in Lima, Perú, there are hundreds or even a couple of thousand people waiting to greet travelers, depending on the time of day. (Quito seems to have pretty much nobody so I wouldn't do it there.)

There are gobs of youtube proposals--go check some out. This website: http://roflrazzi.cheezburger.com/wedinator has tons of great stuff, too.

Please update us here once the event is done--I am sure someone else might like the idea you use.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)