tscc88

Passport denial

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have a question I have 12 year old daughter who is a 10 year greencard holder and im a u.s citizen i recently applied for a passport for her but her real father is base in the Phils and dont wana do anything with us not even giving his consent for her daughter to have a passport its just he doesnt wana do anything with us and dont care at all

i told that to the passport service and made a letter but still my daugters passport got denied my question is she still have her old passport from our country is that still possible for her to use to travel with her greencard? or since we applied for her passport and got denied it means shes not allowed anymore to travel at all even if she has a valid passport from our country

I have a question I have 12 year old daughter who is a 10 year greencard holder and im a u.s citizen i recently applied for a passport for her but her real father is base in the Phils and dont wana do anything with us not even giving his consent for her daughter to have a passport its just he doesnt wana do anything with us and dont care at all

i told that to the passport service and made a letter but still my daugters passport got denied my question is she still have her old passport from our country is that still possible for her to use to travel with her greencard? or since we applied for her passport and got denied it means shes not allowed anymore to travel at all even if she has a valid passport from our countr

Just want to clarify,are you applying a Philippin passport or US passport?

Petition for my Mom

11/11/12 - Sent application
11/15/12 - Priority date
11/ /12 - NOA1
01/15/13 - RFE noticed recieved
01/17/13 - Mailed RFE documents
01/26/13 - APPROVED

NVC JOURNEY

02/04/13 - Case recieved
02/25/13 - Case number assigned
02/28/13 - Recieved email from NVC
02/28/13 - Sent Choice of Agent from beneficiary email add
02/28/13 - Paid AOS bill
03/06/13 - AOS "paid"
03/08/13 - Choice of agent accepted
03/11/13 - Recived IV bill
03/12/13 - Sent AOS packaged
03/27/13 - Recieved RFE for I-864A
04/02/13 - Re send I-864A
07/01/13 - Paid IV bill

07/29/13 - Sent IV Packet

08/01/13 - NVC Recieved Packet

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your post is quite confusing. From what I understand, you're trying to apply a US PASSPORT for your daughter. Correct?

Edited by apple21

I think the issue is that she is applying for a U.S. passport for her daughter and to get a U.S. passport for a minor you must have permission from both parents and they are very strict on that.

Are you in contact with that father?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

i told that to the passport service and made a letter but still my daugters passport got denied my question is she still have her old passport from our country is that still possible for her to use to travel with her greencard? or since we applied for her passport and got denied it means shes not allowed anymore to travel at all even if she has a valid passport from our country

From what I understand your daughter has a green card, so she is NOT a US citizen.If you applied for her passport in the postal office, you will get denied. First of all, YOU will have to go to the court and get custody of your daughter. Second, you have to get the permission from the court to get her passport (sometimes since you have the custody, you don't need a letter from the court). Third Apply for her N600, so she can be officially a US citizen. After that apply for her passport. Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

She does say she is a US citizen and her daughter is a 12 year old green card holder. What she doesn't say, if she was naturalized, but assume she was, so therefore her daughter also became a US citizen without proof. But is eligible to either apply for an N-600 or a US passport.

Her problem is with our DOS, since her daughter is under 16 years of age, she also requires permission from the doesn't give a damn other biological parent. Why is it like this.

With the USCIS, a different agency, believe you still still apply for an N-600 for her certificate of naturalization to get that out of the way. But believe, that is still not enough for the DOS, without that permission from that other parent, still need that permission. But you can apply for a US passport for her when she reaches the age of 16.

Our problems were different, first was getting permission from that doesn't give a damn about his kid father to even come here. But we had a bargaining chip, either pay 11 years of child support payments or go to court and provide us with that permission. He did the latter, but still wasn't enough, needed his permission for her to board the plane with the specific date and flight number. He wouldn't do that, but we worked around that with a first class attorney, a couple bucks under the table to get a court order so she could board the plane.

All these guys care about is getting a little, don't give a damn about raising or caring for that child, but yet a whole bunch of laws to protect these dirty rotten basterds. Fortunately for my stepdaughter, she had six months left on her foreign passport to come here, can't come here without that passport. We tried to renew it at her consulate, and brought all the proof she was brought here legally, they refused to do it at that time because she was 14. Again wanted her worthless dads permission that he refused to give. Ironically, he still had visitation rights, and would yell and scream at me, my wife and stepdaughter refused to talk to him, that I wouldn't let his daughter visit him. All I could say was for him to sign that permission form, what an idiot this guy is.

Our only alternative was to wait until my stepdaughter reached the age of 18, then she finally received her foreign passport. When she was naturalized finally after six years, received her US passport on her own. Now she has two passports, one to leave this country, other to enter her own. Can thank the DOS for that inconvenience too, just like her mom.

And if any DOS agent is reading this, it is not dual naturalization, its dual citizenship! As far as I am concerned, you are a bunch of idiots and would do this country good if you were deported.

Another thing that disturbs me, is these third world countries can't even afford to school, feed, give adequate health care for their kids. But if they have that rare opportunity to live a much better life, they won't let them go.

I am a u.s citizen base on marriage , and my daughter has 10 years greencard and im applying a u.s passport for her but got denied. My question is she still have a valid phil passport can she still use that to travel since her u.s passport got denied . I believe that she is automatic citizen since im a u.s citizen thats the reason why Im applying passport for her but since the father needs to sign and i cant get to let him sign her passsport got refuse fyi my daughters last name is under my name since i never married the dad .

Just want to clarify,are you applying a Philippin passport or US passport?

Im applying for U.s passport for my daughter.

I am a u.s citizen base on marriage , and my daughter has 10 years greencard and im applying a u.s passport for her but got denied. My question is she still have a valid phil passport can she still use that to travel since her u.s passport got denied . I believe that she is automatic citizen since im a u.s citizen thats the reason why Im applying passport for her but since the father needs to sign and i cant get to let him sign her passsport got refuse fyi my daughters last name is under my name since i never married the dad .

Your post is quite confusing. From what I understand, you're trying to apply a US PASSPORT for your daughter. Correct?

Yes U.S Passport

She does say she is a US citizen and her daughter is a 12 year old green card holder. What she doesn't say, if she was naturalized, but assume she was, so therefore her daughter also became a US citizen without proof. But is eligible to either apply for an N-600 or a US passport.

Her problem is with our DOS, since her daughter is under 16 years of age, she also requires permission from the doesn't give a damn other biological parent. Why is it like this.

With the USCIS, a different agency, believe you still still apply for an N-600 for her certificate of naturalization to get that out of the way. But believe, that is still not enough for the DOS, without that permission from that other parent, still need that permission. But you can apply for a US passport for her when she reaches the age of 16.

Our problems were different, first was getting permission from that doesn't give a damn about his kid father to even come here. But we had a bargaining chip, either pay 11 years of child support payments or go to court and provide us with that permission. He did the latter, but still wasn't enough, needed his permission for her to board the plane with the specific date and flight number. He wouldn't do that, but we worked around that with a first class attorney, a couple bucks under the table to get a court order so she could board the plane.

All these guys care about is getting a little, don't give a damn about raising or caring for that child, but yet a whole bunch of laws to protect these dirty rotten basterds. Fortunately for my stepdaughter, she had six months left on her foreign passport to come here, can't come here without that passport. We tried to renew it at her consulate, and brought all the proof she was brought here legally, they refused to do it at that time because she was 14. Again wanted her worthless dads permission that he refused to give. Ironically, he still had visitation rights, and would yell and scream at me, my wife and stepdaughter refused to talk to him, that I wouldn't let his daughter visit him. All I could say was for him to sign that permission form, what an idiot this guy is.

Our only alternative was to wait until my stepdaughter reached the age of 18, then she finally received her foreign passport. When she was naturalized finally after six years, received her US passport on her own. Now she has two passports, one to leave this country, other to enter her own. Can thank the DOS for that inconvenience too, just like her mom.

And if any DOS agent is reading this, it is not dual naturalization, its dual citizenship! As far as I am concerned, you are a bunch of idiots and would do this country good if you were deported.

Another thing that disturbs me, is these third world countries can't even afford to school, feed, give adequate health care for their kids. But if they have that rare opportunity to live a much better life, they won't let them go.

My daughters Father is base in the Phils and my daughters last name is not under his name under my name,

my daughter still have the Phil passport and they let me renew her passport just 2 years ago my concern is since i applied for her u.s passport and got denie will that be a problem with her Phil passport or since her Phil Passport is still valid can we still use that a long with her green card?

My daughters Father is base in the Phils and my daughters last name is not under his name under my name,

my daughter still have the Phil passport and they let me renew her passport just 2 years ago my concern is since i applied for her u.s passport and got denie will that be a problem with her Phil passport or since her Phil Passport is still valid can we still use that a long with her green card?

The father of my daughter dont even call or visit herhe expect us to call and dont even wana spend a penny to call her and thats really sucks coz after all were having problem of getting her passport for his signiture how could that be possible.

If your daughter is a green card holder and not a US Citizen, she is not entitled to a US Passport and it would be refused on those grounds. If your daughter is a US citizen and under age 16, she need permission from both parents to have a passport. If your daughter is a US Citizen,under age 16, and your state family court has awarded you sole custody, you will need to go to the family court and obtain an order permitting you to apply for a passport for your daughter. Your daughter may be able to be automatically a US citizen due to your naturalization after her birth and sole custody. If you have not formalized custody of your daughter, you probably should do soas soon as possible, for her sake.

It cost a lot of money to get her sole custody I need to pay lawyer and I cant afford that thats the problem and her biological father base in the Phils dont even want to spend a penny to call us.

Im never married to him my daughterl last name is under my name , i dont really get it why is it a problem to get a passport for her I was even able to bring her here .

So my question is she still have her Philippine passport and her 10 years green card, and i just renew her Phil Passport 2 years ago so that is still valid to use right to travel and its not a problem that i applied for her u.s passport and got denied as long as she has valid Phil passport and green card?

I think the issue is that she is applying for a U.S. passport for her daughter and to get a U.S. passport for a minor you must have permission from both parents and they are very strict on that.

Are you in contact with that father?

Yes and No coz he always change his cell phone no and sometimes he refuse to take our calls and when I ask him about the consent he said i dont care about and its not my problem i wont waste my time doing that coz going to u.s embassy in the Phil for him is a lot of work.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Yes, she can use her Philippines passport. I think a letter from him would suffice: why don't your draft the letter and ask him just to sign: that way it's not a lot of work for him and he may be more likely to do it then.

Yes, she can use her Philippines passport. I think a letter from him would suffice: why don't your draft the letter and ask him just to sign: that way it's not a lot of work for him and he may be more likely to do it then.

They need it notarize i think but ill see i will be going home on March maybe I could talk to him and bring him to us consulate in the Philippines,

but traveling with daughters Phil passport and greencard not a problem right?

Yes she can travel on the greencard and Phil passport, as long as it has at least 6 months on if for the return trip. Is your daughter's father's name on her birth certificate?

They need it notarize i think but ill see i will be going home on March maybe I could talk to him and bring him to us consulate in the Philippines,

but traveling with daughters Phil passport and greencard not a problem right?

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This varies considerably from country to country, with Venezuela, all my stepdaughter's biological father had to do was sign a filled out form, scan it and email it back. Venezuela consulate would be satisfied with that.

Maybe you volunteered too much information, with a birth certificate like father unknown would be better off. In theory at least, your daughter is a US citizen, but without proof, and is required to have a US passport. No telling what trouble you may have with either the POE or even the airlines by trying to travel with a minor. In my stepdaughter's case, she would have no problem entering Venezuela, but could never leave without her father's permission. This you have to check with your consulate.

Could try again with the DOS and explain your situation and the proof you had to bring your child here. What is crazy, no longer dealing with the USCIS, but now the DOS, an entirely different government agency. You may also get help from your senators office at no charge. Would hate to be in that position now, we had a great senator, but was replaced by a very selfish one promising to reduce taxes. On millionaires, won't help anyone.

Your daughter shares in common the same problem as my stepdaughter had, both having to wait four years, yours to reach 16 so you are free of that biological father, and mine to 18 years of age when she was finally completely free of him. She could have traveled with us to any other country except her home one. But just concentrated on school and other activities instead.

There are means in the DOS application not to be required of that permission under certain circumstances, that is what you have to look into. And like the USCIS, just dealing with one agent with the DOS. In practically anything else in the USA requiring certification, dealing with a board instead.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

There is absolutely no way possible for her to get a US passport if she is not a US Citizen, even if her father does give the ok.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.