dwheels76

Extra Evidence and Photo-books for NVC

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay have a question about my extra evidence I will be sending with my DS-230 package. I have two photo-books (albums designed on Shutterfly) that I am including . Personally I don't care if NVC takes apart but do you think they will. Anyone ever send in a photo-book at NVC and was it intact at interview. It's so beautiful.

Also your original documents do they put the 2 holes in it to put in file, i.e., Marriage certificate and Birth certificate especially I am concerned with?I have reduced my extra evidence from 1491 down to 860 from 20 lbs to about 10 lbs.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Okay have a question about my extra evidence I will be sending with my DS-230 package. I have two photo-books (albums designed on Shutterfly) that I am including . Personally I don't care if NVC takes apart but do you think they will. Anyone ever send in a photo-book at NVC and was it intact at interview. It's so beautiful.

Also your original documents do they put the 2 holes in it to put in file, i.e., Marriage certificate and Birth certificate especially I am concerned with?I have reduced my extra evidence from 1491 down to 860 from 20 lbs to about 10 lbs.

It seems that people send things that are not asked for, ie: mostly photos. The DS230 asks for original documents and if you want them back at the interview also send a copy. The only photos asked for are 2x2 passport style photos. Save your photos for the interview.

Think about it the people doing the DS230 see photos that are not asked for and just throw them in the trash, you are wasting your time and money and their time seeing they do hundreds of documents each week.

Seeing that the DS230 asks for a small amount of paper work and documents just put everything in a folder with a plastic slide on the side to keep everything in order. Save you ten pounds of pictures for the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is a good question!

I was wondering about the same thing,even though we dont get our NOA2 yet, we wanna be prepared for the next stage in advance.

Sounds really cool what you mention onye uwaoma about DS230!

Does it work same way for electronic processing??

ArXsm6.png

Wedding: April 19th 2012

USCIS (226 days)

NOA1: June 4th 2012

NOA2: January 16th 2013 (226 days after NOA1)

NOA2 hardcopy: January 19th 2013

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case number,IIN and Beneficiary ID 02/05/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

Interview 05/13/2013-APPROVED

Received passport with visa 05/16/2013
POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Approval: 09/17/2015

GC in mail: 09/26/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It seems that people send things that are not asked for, ie: mostly photos. The DS230 asks for original documents and if you want them back at the interview also send a copy. The only photos asked for are 2x2 passport style photos. Save your photos for the interview.

Think about it the people doing the DS230 see photos that are not asked for and just throw them in the trash, you are wasting your time and money and their time seeing they do hundreds of documents each week.

Seeing that the DS230 asks for a small amount of paper work and documents just put everything in a folder with a plastic slide on the side to keep everything in order. Save you ten pounds of pictures for the interview.

Not exactly true. I totally agree with onye uwaoma. My pictures even though they were not in an album, but neatly glued to a paper by our lawyer was sent to the NVC with the DS 230. The NVC forwareded the pictures and everything to Lagos embassy. They were mostly church wedding and traditional wedding pictures. At the interview the CO didn't even ask for extra evidence but made use of those preciously submitted pictures. My original documents were intact, no file holes or anything. Just make sure to make copies of the original documents for them, either now or when going for the interview. My pictures were returned to me when I went to pick up the visa.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Charlesandmerie, the OP is asking for someone with experience about how these additional evidences are being handled at NVC... Did you have experience of what you just commented or you were speculating? Well, for the fact that DS230 allows you to submit additional evidence of ongoing relationship means that what you have just posted lacked expertize... Workers at NVC are well trained to understand the importance of every piece of evidence you submitted and they place it in your case file... The only reasonable thing to worry about is whether they can missplace a document, which in itself can happen unintentionally... When you sarcastically suggest NVC destroys documentary evidence because it's well detailed far more than the mere academics, you didn't sound professional... Now, Debbie remember to make a replica copies of everything you send to NVC including photo evidence and make a cover letter stating all items included in chronological order... The cover letter makes the work easy for whoever that's reviewing your package to locate the items he/she needed without stress... You know this is what I have done and it was great!

P.S DS230 allows you to send in unlimited documentary evidence... You can review the instruction if you're not too sure... Wishing you the best of luck, Debie

Thank you so much for your comments. It warms my heart because well you know Lagos. We that are dealing with it know its not just izzy pizzy just submit whatever. So okay no more back and forth for me. I have my evidence together. And i will risk it and send the photobooks. Curious to see if they will be intake. They will love it.

Thank you.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

have nothing to add..... i agree with Onye uwaoma....... Debbie you can add the evidence you have, and yessss plss add them photobooks am definitely sure they will love it

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

have nothing to add..... i agree with Onye uwaoma....... Debbie you can add the evidence you have, and yessss plss add them photobooks am definitely sure they will love it

Thank you WinnieGeorge. Yes I am ready to send it. Remember I had 1491 pages. Well took out all the SMS text out, since its just all his texting to me. And well don't need no "where is hers to you." So 860 pages including, 96 page photobook, 31 page photobook. I am ready.

The documents will be in the hands of DHL on Wednesday and arrive to me I figure Monday Nov. 26th. It will be in NVC's hand within 48 hours of that. So case complete by December 14th or so. February Interview. IJN

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not exactly true. I totally agree with onye uwaoma. My pictures even though they were not in an album, but neatly glued to a paper by our lawyer was sent to the NVC with the DS 230. The NVC forwareded the pictures and everything to Lagos embassy. They were mostly church wedding and traditional wedding pictures. At the interview the CO didn't even ask for extra evidence but made use of those preciously submitted pictures. My original documents were intact, no file holes or anything. Just make sure to make copies of the original documents for them, either now or when going for the interview. My pictures were returned to me when I went to pick up the visa.

actually, when you send the DS-230 in, you must submit original documents and copies, they will return the originals at interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i would make some laser labels with the bio stuff on each of you,

then put the label on the back of each photo

then put all the photos into a baggie, with a laser label on the baggie

then staple the baggie to a blank sheet o paper, having a laser label on it..

all that stuff will get scanned, Debbie.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Please understand, it's different for IV units that are listed as 'high fraud' - so what works for Manila IV doesn't necessarily work for Accra, Lagos, Guangzhou, Cuidad de Juarez, Islamabad, Casablanca IV units.

fwiw, nothing is thrown in the trash - it's all added to the casefile at NVC.

see bleuawolf - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267559-usa-is-now-arizona/page__view__findpost__p__4100571 for the scoop.

Be Good !! (or something... if you can't be good, don't get caught, aye?)

This is a good question!

I was wondering about the same thing,even though we dont get our NOA2 yet, we wanna be prepared for the next stage in advance.

Sounds really cool what you mention onye uwaoma about DS230!

Does it work same way for electronic processing??

Yup, works the same way for electronic processing at NVC. You scan em, YOU email them in to NVC. You'll have some fun, though, as you're gonna create PDF files from the photos...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Please understand, it's different for IV units that are listed as 'high fraud' - so what works for Manila IV doesn't necessarily work for Accra, Lagos, Guangzhou, Cuidad de Juarez, Islamabad, Casablanca IV units.

fwiw, nothing is thrown in the trash - it's all added to the casefile at NVC.

see bleuawolf - http://www.visajourn...ost__p__4100571 for the scoop.

Where has this been all our lives and why isn't it pinned in the NVC forum. Good stuff. Thank you Darnell.

i would make some laser labels with the bio stuff on each of you,

then put the label on the back of each photo

then put all the photos into a baggie, with a laser label on the baggie

then staple the baggie to a blank sheet o paper, having a laser label on it..

all that stuff will get scanned, Debbie.

But the books are so preeti. :yes:.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Where has this been all our lives and why isn't it pinned in the NVC forum. Good stuff. Thank you Darnell.

oh, I mention it to folk headed to Guangzhou, often.

ni zhi dao 'advanced search tool' ma ... you can review all of my posts there, going back 15 months or so. ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.