rolin123

Fiance doesn't work

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

do you know how much does they have to make per year to be a qualifying co sponsor?

thx

Look at the instructions for Form I-864 and the poverty guideline in Form I-864p.

How much income will depend on the household size.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from CR-1 spousal visa to K1 fiance visa forum ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi everyone,

my Fiance is a US citizen. He goes to school as a full time student and that's how me met.

my question is, he doesn't work full time.

How can he sponsor me?

any suggestion of what to do?

He will need someone who ether has a green card, or us citizen to be a co-sponsor.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

None of us know how big the household is so none of us can advise what the minimum amount would be. The co-sponsor's household counts co-sponsor, spouse and any others claimed on his taxes or dependants PLUS the immigrant being sponsored. The minimum income depends on that household size.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

We plan to live just the 2 of us after married.

I had a work permit from OPT the last 2 months...so I have been working only 2 months so far.

Yep, but if you're planning on a joint sponsor, then the joint sponsor's income and household is what matters to qualify. If your income won't be enough at the time of submitting the affidavit of support, you'll still need to submit the affidavit of support showing your household size(yourself, dependants and the immigrant) and also the joint/co sponsor's affidavit of support.

There are 2 stages of submitting affidavit of support; the first one is at the embassy and the second one is after getting married and when filing AOS. So if your income isn't sufficient at either steps, then you will have to either get the same co-sponsor to fill out a new affidavit, or you may ask a different person. This is important because the immigration journey is far from over after receiving the K1 visa.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Poverty Guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73c63591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

He doesn't need to be working full-time. He could be working part-time. He only needs to meet the income requirement or have a cosponsor that does.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Poverty Guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

He doesn't need to be working full-time. He could be working part-time. He only needs to meet the income requirement or have a cosponsor that does.

:thumbs:Good Luck with this.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.