avi123

Why admin processing?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi everyone i had my interview at us embassy new delhi on 8th nov 2012 under visa (cr1/ir1) everything was fine had enough proof chatlog,call details,photos everything at last when i went for interview the consular officer ask me to raise hand and take oath and sign ds230 i did that and than she ask me basic question who is calling me, weher she live, shat does she do,when we got married and where ,does her family came for wedding ,do we have baby how old is he wchic we did mention in ds230 form so i answered these all basic question with smile and she been smiling to it was perfect infact the consular officer said in the end your interview is perfectly fine all is good but we are keeping your passport for mandatory administrative processing i was like what why i was shcok that when she said all is good than why she went more time for processing for what and she said it is process and take 4 to 6 weeks that all and gave me white a4 paper saying " PLEASE BEAR WITH US YOUR CASE UNDERGOES MANDATORY ADMINISTRTIVE PROCESSING". WE RETAINED YOUR PASSPORT TO MORE QUICKLY PROCESS YOUR VISA WHEN THE PROCESSING HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

well now about us my wife is US citizen our son was born last year i am working in export house been to usa twice 2008 and 2009 stayed for 16 days and 5 month 2 weeks respectively still have valid usa b1/b2 visa. never been to usa again bcoz we come to know it is not safe to travel once your petition i130 is filled so we been waiting for that since than for all this process we been to marutuis after marriage stayed for 7 days and i had visa of china,bangkok and singapore all are expired and some how never been there so as you all users know it hard to wait wait and wait anyone can guide or help us what to do and wher to knock bcoz from yesterday it look to us that we been locked in dark black room with no light and cant do nothing thats our story any suggestion will be higly appreciate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Do you have a common name? That can lead to admin processing while they "make sure you are you".

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Do you have a common name? That can lead to admin processing while they "make sure you are you".

hi

common name u mean sorry i didn`t get you ooo yes i got you i am sikh clean shave boy yes yes you rite my name is very common ending with singh , well i been to embaasy for my interview in year 2008 for b1/b2 visa with same name and passport they took my fingerprints and after all that they issue me a visa next day .

Edited by avi123

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It could be a common name but also the amount of travel visa's you've had could have also put you into AP.. they may need to check those countries for your traveling. AP can be anything sometimes you know and most of the time they don't tell you anything as to why. Just make sure you are checking your emails regularly and making sure you answer your phone they may request documents and you dont want to delay the process by not knowing they requested them. In a couple of weeks if you haven't heard anything you can call DOS (department of state) and make an inquiry.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Common name is in, say, Singh... a name a lot of people have, so that there may be hundred of other people with your same first and last name.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Common name is in, say, Singh... a name a lot of people have, so that there may be hundred of other people with your same first and last name.

ok my name is harpreet singh and sounds very common and on the passport it is in one line and my interview letter say fnu (fisrt name unknow) bcoz my last and first name is on one line of the passport and the prevoius usa visa i been issued says given name harpreet singh last name fnu i mean do u think that makes differnce as well just wondering thanks

Edited by avi123

Timeline

my interview was on nov 8th 2012 , my wife lives in new york we been planning to contact local senator and try to find out where we been stuck and why we put under M A P (mandatory administrative processing) what do you sugeest does it to early or do we have to wait for few days

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

my interview was on nov 8th 2012 , my wife lives in new york we been planning to contact local senator and try to find out where we been stuck and why we put under M A P (mandatory administrative processing) what do you sugeest does it to early or do we have to wait for few days

thanks

I'd just wait. It's a good sign they kept your passport.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

It's way too early- your interview was 2 working days ago! Wait the 6 weeks they told you, then follow up.

mod penguin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

hi everyone i had my interview at us embassy new delhi on 8th nov 2012 under visa (cr1/ir1) everything was fine had enough proof chatlog,call details,photos everything at last when i went for interview the consular officer ask me to raise hand and take oath and sign ds230 i did that and than she ask me basic question who is calling me, weher she live, shat does she do,when we got married and where ,does her family came for wedding ,do we have baby how old is he wchic we did mention in ds230 form so i answered these all basic question with smile and she been smiling to it was perfect infact the consular officer said in the end your interview is perfectly fine all is good but we are keeping your passport for mandatory administrative processing i was like what why i was shcok that when she said all is good than why she went more time for processing for what and she said it is process and take 4 to 6 weeks that all and gave me white a4 paper saying " PLEASE BEAR WITH US YOUR CASE UNDERGOES MANDATORY ADMINISTRTIVE PROCESSING". WE RETAINED YOUR PASSPORT TO MORE QUICKLY PROCESS YOUR VISA WHEN THE PROCESSING HAS BEEN COMPLETED.

well now about us my wife is US citizen our son was born last year i am working in export house been to usa twice 2008 and 2009 stayed for 16 days and 5 month 2 weeks respectively still have valid usa b1/b2 visa. never been to usa again bcoz we come to know it is not safe to travel once your petition i130 is filled so we been waiting for that since than for all this process we been to marutuis after marriage stayed for 7 days and i had visa of china,bangkok and singapore all are expired and i been to china twice bangkok and singapore once so as you all users know it hard to wait wait and wait anyone can guide or help us what to do and wher to knock bcoz from yesterday it look to us that we been locked in dark black room with no light and cant do nothing thats our story any suggestion will be higly appreciate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im confused also, CO told my case pending for administrative review but didnt give me any paper w/ request for more evidence, but at the last window the guy there told me to wait for my passport and visa delivery, i even saw him wrote OK on my folder, i just assumed that i got approved bcoz they kept my passport.... Wishingggg :thumbs:

Timeline

hi everyone my cr1 visa is been approved on 26nov 2012 after 17 days on my interview date which was on 8th nov 2012 it was very a hard and touh journey i would like thank each and everyone no mater who and wherever from those who guide me and those who read my forums love you guys only one thing GOD IS A DJ only he knows when and how what he will do AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE I AM NOT EXECITED I AM RELAX THAT THIS OVER AND WILL BE WITH MY SON AND WIFE FOREVER YOU GUYS WERE GIVING ALL THE SUGGESTION, GUIDANCE, IDEAS EVERYTHING FROM DAY ONE IN THE END BEFORE I SAY GOOD BYE TO EVERYONE NOW I WANT WISHES AND BLESSING FROM ALL OF YOU THANKS AGAIN AND BELIEVE IN GOD ASK HIM TALK TO HIM HE WILL LISTEN TO YOU AND REPLY YOU BACK HE DOES

THANKS GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations! God is a DJ!

and GoodBye !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.