Bosco

MENA BICKERING

342 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I would never marry a man 20 years older than myself I think it's gross.

men in thier 40s can be quite sexy Sarah :P but 70? I would agree gross :lol:

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and not meant to insult men in their 70s LOL

The disclaimer didn't work. You jerk why do you hate old people!!!!!!!!?????

Careful Sarah someone might report us for having a sense of humor with each other :crying:

and I don't hate old people just wrinkly rear ends :P

My husband loves wrinkly rear ends. :lol:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The only reason I may have directed that comment towards SZSZ is because she was attacking me all day and accusing me of things I am not, and never said.

Now with that being said can everyone stop obsessing over whether or not I think their relationship is abnormal? If you go back to the original thread I said I believe in the Middle East it is abnormal for a man to marry a women much older who isn't able to have children. Some agree, some don't. That's fine.

Put yourself in my position at 23 years old. I don't like the thought of my Mom marrying a man close to my age... it creeps me out. I don't like the thought of me marrying a man who is almost 50... that creeps me out since my Dad is in his 50's. I cannot possible put myself in your position. Why then is everyone getting riled up about me thinking it's "gross". I am not the same age as you guys and I can't relate so you should just brush it off and I hope you do. I don't like thinking that someday when I'm 50 I might marry someone who is 25.... because as of right now, that person wouldn't even exist yet and there isn't even a diaper to change.

I do not think my comment was thoughtless or rude or insulting. I think if you try to understand where I am then you will know why it's weird for me to think about that.

I hope this can stop now....

Timeline

Sort of like thinking that your parents actually have the big "S" word....ewwww

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

It'll stop when the lies stop.

The only reason I may have directed that comment towards SZSZ is because she was attacking me all day and accusing me of things I am not, and never said.

BS, you started making such comments long before I or anyone else asked you to stop. Then, you continued to do so.

I do not think my comment was thoughtless or rude or insulting. I think if you try to understand where I am then you will know why it's weird for me to think about that.

You and about a dozen other people have an overblown feeling of entitlement that their insults are only "personal preferences", and that everyone should understand and be sensitive to them. Why don't you try understanding and being sensitive to someone else for a change?

You're not too young to learn something new that makes you a better person to share ideas with. Some folks may be condesending to you, using your age as an excuse for bad behavior, but I will not coddle you condesendingly; you're a grown, married woman. No one is doing you any favors by treating you like an unformed child. You want to be treated like a grownup? Here's your chance.

When I or any other woman in an older woman/younger man combo come to this forum, they should feel as safe and free to participate and have their relationship discussed and respected as any mixed race or mixed religion couple should be. We shouldn't have to put up with extra ####### or be devalued because someone's age illegitimately gives them a free pass. Why is your age more of an excuse for rudeness than anyone else's?

If there is anyone who disagrees with that, they have a problem, not I.

Edited by szsz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
It'll stop when the lies stop.

BS, you started making such comments long before I or anyone else asked you to stop. Then, you continued to do so.

You and about a dozen other people have an overblown feeling of entitlement that their insults are only "personal preferences", and that everyone should understand and be sensitive to them. Why don't you try understanding and being sensitive to someone else for a change?

You're not too young to learn something new that makes you a better person to share ideas with. Some folks may be condesending to you, using your age as an excuse for bad behavior, but I will not coddle you condesendingly; you're a grown, married woman. No one is doing you any favors by treating you like an unformed child. You want to be treated like a grownup? Here's your chance.

When I or any other woman in an older woman/younger man combo come to this forum, they should feel as safe and free to participate and have their relationship discussed and respected as any mixed race or mixed religion couple should be. We shouldn't have to put up with extra ####### or be devalued because someone's age illegitimately gives them a free pass. Why is your age more of an excuse for rudeness than anyone else's?

If there is anyone who disagrees with that, they have a problem, not I.

I think you are the only one left that wants to discuss this and I *think* I am speaking for the entire forum. Have at it with yourself. (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

LOL it is funny to see that I was being blamed for all the bickering before, and i dont even come to VJ much anymore and the same ones are still pissing people off. The proof was in the pudding... I wasnt the troublemaker :thumbs:

Sara, you are always saying whatever you want whether it is rude or not. If the woman is older than the man so what? It's thier life. Why dont you try living your own. Dont you have a new job or something to keep you busy?

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thanks for that, doodlebug! Sarah has insulted older women/younger man couples a multitude of times. She's emboldened by those who support her views and believe she can say whatever she wants about them coz it's her "personal preference". Personal preference, the new euphemism for rude.

um not only older women/younger men, but vice versa. as i'm older than nessa by almost 18 years, i do find that blanket statement below to be offensive. the fact remains that each person is free to choose who they wish to be with and to denigrate that choice opens the speaker to criticism in kind. in essence, such statements about a persons relationship being "gross" could be considered to be a personal attack and impolite, and such needs to come to a screeching halt.

I do think it's gross. I couldn't marry a man 20 years older than myself, for me it's gross. I know nothing about szsz other than a few things so I can't say that SHE AND HER HUSBAND ARE GROSS. It's hard for me to think of a young man marrying an older woman. IT is factual that she is 23 years older than her husband. I'm glad you have grown a lot since you were younger. I guess if everyone here wants to ignore anyone who is in their 20's they can just do so.
Put yourself in my position at 23 years old. I don't like the thought of my Mom marrying a man close to my age... it creeps me out. I don't like the thought of me marrying a man who is almost 50... that creeps me out since my Dad is in his 50's. I cannot possible put myself in your position. Why then is everyone getting riled up about me thinking it's "gross". I am not the same age as you guys and I can't relate so you should just brush it off and I hope you do. I don't like thinking that someday when I'm 50 I might marry someone who is 25.... because as of right now, that person wouldn't even exist yet and there isn't even a diaper to change.

sarah, the fact remains that such is your mom's choice, not yours. i don't believe anyone here makes the choice in a SO to please someone else, do they? it's to make themself happy and certainly not you. if your mom wants to marry some guy younger than you, more power to her. if my dad wants to marry some woman younger than me, i'll just say "go grandpa" and be happy for him. this world has enough judgement in it, don't it?

I do not think my comment was thoughtless or rude or insulting . I think if you try to understand where I am then you will know why it's weird for me to think about that.

I hope this can stop now....

it was - all of those bolded. please be more thoughtful in the future as such offended a few of your friends.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Why don't you try understanding and being sensitive to someone else for a change?

I thouight PC was a bad thing? Now I am confused. Are we suppose to be snesitive to our words or tell people that disagree with ourcharacterization of words to get over it?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
um not only older women/younger men, but vice versa. as i'm older than nessa by almost 18 years, i do find that blanket statement below to be offensive. the fact remains that each person is free to choose who they wish to be with and to denigrate that choice opens the speaker to criticism in kind. in essence, such statements about a persons relationship being "gross" could be considered to be a personal attack and impolite, and such needs to come to a screeching halt.

sarah, the fact remains that such is your mom's choice, not yours. i don't believe anyone here makes the choice in a SO to please someone else, do they? it's to make themself happy and certainly not you. if your mom wants to marry some guy younger than you, more power to her. if my dad wants to marry some woman younger than me, i'll just say "go grandpa" and be happy for him. this world has enough judgement in it, don't it?

it was - all of those bolded. please be more thoughtful in the future as such offended a few of your friends.

Why is what Sarah said offensive to YOU and YOUR relationship?

She CLEARLY said that FOR HER it was gross or whatever......That's her choice and opinion.

Does she have to have the same ideals or requirements in a partner to conform here? Can she (or anyone) not have an opinion on their own preferences in a partner? But yet that's exactly what you say later in your post-she and everyone CAN! You said up there about " mom's choice" not hers, it works both ways. FOR her in HER LIFE she chooses not to like that.

I PERSONALLY say " go anyone" not just " go grandpa" or " go mom". If anyone can manage to find happiness with a person, and maintain a relationship who the heck cares what Sarah or anyone thinks???

She is allowed an opinion on what she wants FOR HER.

I am curious as to why you would be offended that she thinks something is gross? What affect does that have on you or your relationship? At the end of the day, really who gives a flying frog what anyone thinks of our relationships?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

She CLEARLY said that FOR HER it was gross or whatever......That's her choice and opinion.

Does she have to have the same ideals or requirements in a partner to conform here? Can she (or anyone) not have an opinion on their own preferences in a partner? But yet that's exactly what you say later in your post-she and everyone CAN! You said up there about " mom's choice" not hers, it works both ways. FOR her in HER LIFE she chooses not to like that.

I PERSONALLY say " go anyone" not just " go grandpa" or " go mom". If anyone can manage to find happiness with a person, and maintain a relationship who the heck cares what Sarah or anyone thinks???

I am curious as to why you would be offended that she thinks something is gross? What affect does that have on you or your relationship? At the end of the day, really who gives a flying frog what anyone thinks of our relationships?

would you be so kind were someone to remark about something that might apply to your relationship? i think not :no:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
LOL it is funny to see that I was being blamed for all the bickering before, and i dont even come to VJ much anymore and the same ones are still pissing people off. The proof was in the pudding... I wasnt the troublemaker :thumbs:

Sara, you are always saying whatever you want whether it is rude or not. If the woman is older than the man so what? It's thier life. Why dont you try living your own. Dont you have a new job or something to keep you busy?

Why are you stirring more irrelevant sh!t?

would you be so kind were someone to remark about something that might apply to your relationship? i think not :no:

Why do people feel the need to be validated by everyone?

Timeline

Why are you stirring more irrelevant sh!t?

Why do people feel the need to be validated by everyone?

That picture is just gross!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.