Bosco

MENA BICKERING

342 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
kinda like a rite of passage on vj, isn't it? :lol:

Seems like it. Maybe one of these days we'll all learn to be a little bit nicer to each other. Even though life isn't all sunshine and lollipops, as everyone continuously points out over and over again, that doesn't exactly give people an excuse to come on here and be so blatantly inconsiderate and downright rude to other people. I mean nobody acts this way in real life (I HOPE not), so why do we have to be so ugly to each other on here?

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I would disagree with you completely. I didn't take offense when someone made fun of my being temporarily in a wheelchair, or my surgery, I didn't take offense when ppl call me a biotch because I say what's on my mind. I was actually quite amenable and understanding with a lot of things....you remember to what I refer to right now, don't you????? I don't take offense to most things...I DID take offense to your av cos I simply found it to be blashphemous, and short of putting you on ignore (which I didn't want to do) I really couldn't bear looking at it. No, you didn't have to remove it, and if you hadn't wanted to, I would have made another arrangement so that I didn't have to look at it. So I thank you for being gracious enough to do so.

But what I didn't do was make a whole full out hoo-ha, take the pizz with polls and posts, then claim the high road days later.

I'm not saying you don't have a RIGHT to be offended, but rather pointing out to you the flaw in the argument....you say in one breath all that matters is you and Nessa...which btw, I totally agree with & feel it's the most well rounded & level headed way to believe....but then you get all upset because some person you don't know says something you don't agree with.

By the by, the whole 'why are you worrying about my comments now?' doesn't really hold water as the same could be said to ANYONE on here who responds to another. I could ask the same of you, Charles. But more importantly is the fact that I am not 'bickering' with you...well at least that's not how this started. You are obviously more sensitive today, perhaps even touchy, and you immediately responded to me with a threat about Steven, and how you didn't want to argue. Well I wasn't intending on arguing either.

Can people not have a discussion where they disagree but it doesn't degenerate into a full out war? I mean really.

ah i get it now. i'm to blame for all the polls in mena?

the comment i made about it being someone else's life was in regards to (the example given) of sarah's mom choosing a younger man. yes, it's her mom's life. but that does not give someone the right to run down such a choice just because they don't believe in it, does it?

perhaps i am being sensitive, and the comment about telling steven was to highlight that you get offended by a few things he says, so eu tu brute? i find it amusing that when i'm offended by something like this, i'm wrong, but you being offended by my being offended it's ok ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

I would disagree with you completely. I didn't take offense when someone made fun of my being temporarily in a wheelchair, or my surgery, I didn't take offense when ppl call me a biotch because I say what's on my mind. I was actually quite amenable and understanding with a lot of things....you remember to what I refer to right now, don't you????? I don't take offense to most things...I DID take offense to your av cos I simply found it to be blashphemous, and short of putting you on ignore (which I didn't want to do) I really couldn't bear looking at it. No, you didn't have to remove it, and if you hadn't wanted to, I would have made another arrangement so that I didn't have to look at it. So I thank you for being gracious enough to do so.

But what I didn't do was make a whole full out hoo-ha, take the pizz with polls and posts, then claim the high road days later.

I'm not saying you don't have a RIGHT to be offended, but rather pointing out to you the flaw in the argument....you say in one breath all that matters is you and Nessa...which btw, I totally agree with & feel it's the most well rounded & level headed way to believe....but then you get all upset because some person you don't know says something you don't agree with.

By the by, the whole 'why are you worrying about my comments now?' doesn't really hold water as the same could be said to ANYONE on here who responds to another. I could ask the same of you, Charles. But more importantly is the fact that I am not 'bickering' with you...well at least that's not how this started. You are obviously more sensitive today, perhaps even touchy, and you immediately responded to me with a threat about Steven, and how you didn't want to argue. Well I wasn't intending on arguing either.

Can people not have a discussion where they disagree but it doesn't degenerate into a full out war? I mean really.

the comment i made about it being someone else's life was in regards to (the example given) of sarah's mom choosing a younger man. yes, it's her mom's life. but that does not give someone the right to run down such a choice just because they don't believe in it, does it?

perhaps i am being sensitive, and the comment about telling steven was to highlight that you get offended by a few things he says, so eu tu brute? i find it amusing that when i'm offended by something like this, i'm wrong, but you being offended by my being offended it's ok ;)

In order to respond:

1 - omG show me where I said you were 'to blame' for the MENA polls???

2 - Again, for the umpteenth time, if you believe that 'Sarah's mom' should do what makes her happy and not what other people think...then I say to you 'physician heal thyself'

3 - I think you are being overly sensitive because you're reading into what I'm saying to you

4 - Don't confused 'offended' and 'annoyed by' ;)

5 - Once again, I never said you were WRONG. I simply said for you to follow your own logic and do what pleases you and N and to not worry about what anyone else thinks.

Timeline

In order to respond:

1 - omG show me where I said you were 'to blame' for the MENA polls???

2 - Again, for the umpteenth time, if you believe that 'Sarah's mom' should do what makes her happy and not what other people think...then I say to you 'physician heal thyself'

3 - I think you are being overly sensitive because you're reading into what I'm saying to you

4 - Don't confused 'offended' and 'annoyed by' ;)

5 - Once again, I never said you were WRONG. I simply said for you to follow your own logic and do what pleases you and N and to not worry about what anyone else thinks.

1 - But what I didn't do was make a whole full out hoo-ha, take the pizz with polls and posts, then claim the high road days later.

the rest - -_-

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Charles is the one who said what I quoted about making yourself happy and not worrying about others....if he truly believes this, then where is the issue???

Whatever, I'm so tired of the same old same old. LisaD is right my ###.

Careful, you might upset me :cry:

:lol:

:lol:

Well, I guess I don't agree with Charles about everything then. I'll back up, I agree with Stina way back when.

I am sat here trying to have a discussion, and it's hard enough without your petulant antics. What are you trying to gain here? How is Stina's opinion from 'way back when' remotely relevant in any way to what we're talking about? Jenn, you are free to think whatever you wish about me...and guess what....you don't need a bandwagon to validate that opinion!

Huzzah!

Oh, and if you were trying to 'lash out' and hurt me, it failed....so either try harder, or give up ;)

I find it simply amazing that one cannot have a discussion without it denigrating into a name calling biotch fest.

Ok, whatever you say, Lisa.

Timeline

I happen to have agreed with what Stina said a while back, which was, I thought what Charles was saying as well.

I'm sorry about my "petulant antics", but I'm not nearly as petulant as you seem to think I am. I'm also not interested in a bandwagon. Is saying that you agree with someone else a bandwagon? If so, seems like you've got a little bandwagon of your own. Wasn't trying to "lash out"; I think you're taking this too seriously.

I would like it noted at this point that MENA members have pretty much stopped contributing to this thread many pages back and it's non MENA members who are filling this thread with bickering and nonsense. :star:

Duly noted. B)

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
I would like it noted at this point that MENA members have pretty much stopped contributing to this thread many pages back and it's non MENA members who are filling this thread with bickering and nonsense. :star:

So noted for the record! :P

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

duly noted in the mena log, stardate 2412.2.15

I think this is the first time EVER I've agreed with Charles. :unsure:

btw, just for the record.......i screenshot and printed this, it's a happy day today :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Timeline
Just as some say who cares what others think of you, you're right. I don't care what they think, but I do care what they say because we ALL share words around here and if the words get nasty for some who have been deemed the less valued members, then it lowers the value for all.

This surpasses it all...someone needs to start keeping track of your flip-flopping. First PC is out, then PC is in, and now this....words suddenly have meaning now?? When you argued over several posts with mybackpages that they most certainly only have value if you place value there?

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline

I think this is the first time EVER I've agreed with Charles. :unsure:

btw, just for the record.......i screenshot and printed this, it's a happy day today :dance:

Woohoo! :dance:

Does this mean we're on a bandwagon? I'm still a little confused about the bandwagon rules, so just let me know one way or the other...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.