ShakGill

Is VSC actually speeding up??

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi VJer's,

I've started noticing that VSC applications have started to get approved at a faster rate than before (fingers crossed). My timeline keeps jumping from between November 9th till November 17th, but until a couple of weeks ago, it was as far back as November 27th. Does this have anything to do with VSC shedding their workload by sending certain types of applications to other Service Centers? Also, what is y'alls take on the upcoming election, do you think it will slow down the application processing at all? Lastly, with my expected NOA2 date upcoming sometime next month, will it take even longer for NVC to process the last part of the applications since it will be almost December and I know that they will be off for atleast a week for christmas and new years, if not longer. Well, anyways, here's to all the May filers, let's hope we get our approvals soon, I so wish I can be back home in Atlanta for new years with my fiancee, I've been staying here in karachi with her for the past 3 months and am ready to get back home. Also good luck to the remaining filers, may the visa gods hear our prayers and grant us with visas for our loved one's so that we don't have to be apart from them for too long. Amen.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to USCIS Service Centers forum; topic is about VSC operations which affect all petitions that are on station there.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi VJer's,

I've started noticing that VSC applications have started to get approved at a faster rate than before (fingers crossed). My timeline keeps jumping from between November 9th till November 17th, but until a couple of weeks ago, it was as far back as November 27th. Does this have anything to do with VSC shedding their workload by sending certain types of applications to other Service Centers? Also, what is y'alls take on the upcoming election, do you think it will slow down the application processing at all? Lastly, with my expected NOA2 date upcoming sometime next month, will it take even longer for NVC to process the last part of the applications since it will be almost December and I know that they will be off for atleast a week for christmas and new years, if not longer. Well, anyways, here's to all the May filers, let's hope we get our approvals soon, I so wish I can be back home in Atlanta for new years with my fiancee, I've been staying here in karachi with her for the past 3 months and am ready to get back home. Also good luck to the remaining filers, may the visa gods hear our prayers and grant us with visas for our loved one's so that we don't have to be apart from them for too long. Amen.

I am a May filer too. Yes, I noticed it keeps jumping. lol my timeline now shows that our petition will be adjudicated between May 11 and 17. I can't wait to have the NOA2. I hope VSC is processing faster these days. Let's just hope for the best. It's not easy to wait, but we have to. Hope to hear from you when you get yours. thanks. Good luck to us. God bless.

Edited by sweetie811

Im so worried about getting stuck in the holiday time period. I really just want to be with my SO now. I'm soooo tired of waiting to hear things. Trying to be patient... :crying:

I-129F Paperwork Filed: 5/3/12

I-129F Paperwork delivered: 5/5/12

NOA1 Notification Email: 5/9/12

NOA1 Date: 5/9/12

"Touched": 5/10/12

NOA2: 11/13/12

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Im so worried about getting stuck in the holiday time period. I really just want to be with my SO now. I'm soooo tired of waiting to hear things. Trying to be patient... :crying:

Plz tell me first that what is meant by VSC and if it mean vermount service center do then why csc(california service station ) is slow waiting for my NOA 1 but no responce

Plz tell me first that what is meant by VSC and if it mean vermount service center do then why csc(california service station ) is slow waiting for my NOA 1 but no responce

Hi Aisha & wajid! VSC means Vermont Service Center.

I just took a peek at your timeline and I'm not certain of all the steps of the CR-1 visa and where you are in that process. I'm really only familiar with the K-1, so I'm not sure if it is the CSC you're waiting on. However, if you are, I will say they've been really fast lately and are only slightly slowing down now. You should expect them to probably decrease in speed a bit more.

I-129F Paperwork Filed: 5/3/12

I-129F Paperwork delivered: 5/5/12

NOA1 Notification Email: 5/9/12

NOA1 Date: 5/9/12

"Touched": 5/10/12

NOA2: 11/13/12

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am new to this site. I am waiting for a NOA from Vermont as well. My first NOA was May 24. The wait is getting ridiculous at this point. But not much we can do. I hope it speeds up because we all know the government doesnt work that much during the up coming holidays.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Stilllll waitinggggg ugh! :...( hope may gets going...

05/02/12 - I-129F sent

5/04/12 - I-129F NOA1

11/15/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (6.5 months!!)

11/29/12 - NVC Received

12/10/12 - USEM Case Received

12/12/12 - Packet 3

12/21/12 - Packet 4

1/16/13 - Medical Exam

1/17/13 - Interview- computers crashed.... or so they claim!

1/28/13 - New interview date- Admin. Processing

2/4/13 - Denial- No waiver can apply

July 14 2013 - Moved to Vienna with my dog and 3 suitcases!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

April 5th Filer Here ...Still Waiting.

Elvis & Tabitha

Is it impossible For Me To Love You Anymore Than I Do Now? Nahhhhhhh!

04/05/2012 - Rec'd Delivery Receipt from USPO.

04/10/2012 - Received Mobile Alert I129F.

04/10/2012 - Check Cashed By USIC & Receipt# Given.

04/11/2012 - Received 1-797C 1st NOA1 Via Mail

10/29/2012- NOA2 Received

11/01/2012 - NOA2 Received In Mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

well that isnt very comforting lol. I called yesterday and they claim they are working april 16 now. She told me to expect a decision in december. :(

I got the noa1 the very next day!!!! lmao!!!:thumbs:

Elvis & Tabitha

Is it impossible For Me To Love You Anymore Than I Do Now? Nahhhhhhh!

04/05/2012 - Rec'd Delivery Receipt from USPO.

04/10/2012 - Received Mobile Alert I129F.

04/10/2012 - Check Cashed By USIC & Receipt# Given.

04/11/2012 - Received 1-797C 1st NOA1 Via Mail

10/29/2012- NOA2 Received

11/01/2012 - NOA2 Received In Mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.