kwbaille

K-1 Visa, BIOMETRICS AUG 28th, 2012 - Still no green card in mail

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My wife had her bio metrics done Aug 28th, 2012 and after wards a man told us we would get the green card in the mail and we just need to wait. It's been nearly 3 months now and no green card. Should I be worried and begin doing calling some places?

Sep 03, 2011 - Mailed I-129F (K-1)

Sep 17, 2011 - NOA1

Mar 09, 2012 - NOA2

Mar 23, 2012 - Packet 3

May 07, 2012 - Interview - Approved

May 21, 2012 - POE

Jun 03, 2012 - Married

Jul 06, 2012 - SSN Received

Aug 28, 2012 - Bio metrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My wife had her bio metrics done Aug 28th, 2012 and after wards a man told us we would get the green card in the mail and we just need to wait. It's been nearly 3 months now and no green card. Should I be worried and begin doing calling some places?

The "man" could not have possibly known when her GC will be sent: for all you know, they may call her in for an interview before they issue her her GC. Didi she also apply for EAD and AP at the same time? They usually arrive a month or so sooner than the GC, so you can gauge from that.

Edited by bt1

You're missing some items on your timeline. When did you file the I-485, and when did you get NOA1? Did your NOA1 state which USCIS office would be processing the adjustment of status?

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

is this for a fiance visa?

we just got a letter for approval for our NEW green card. he had biometrics earlier this year.

letter says about 60 days for new green card to come. if it has been more than 60 days, maybe reach out and see if something is holding it up?

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The "man" could not have possibly known when her GC will be sent: for all you know, they may call her in for an interview before they issue her her GC. Didi she also apply for EAD and AP at the same time? They usually arrive a month or so sooner than the GC, so you can gauge from that.

:thumbs:

The man is delirious. My husband had biometrics done in April 2012. We're still waiting for his GC.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

We applied for neither of those since she doesn't need to work and have no hurries to return to her country (we tried to keep everything as simple and easy on us as possible). I also am aware they could ask her for an interview, but running on 3 months seems long. So unfortunately I can not gauge from EAD or AP. I will update my signature also.

Sep 17, 2011 - NOA1

Mar 09, 2012 - NOA2

Mar 23, 2012 - Packet 3

May 21, 2012 - POE

Jun 03, 2012 - Married

Timeline

is this for a fiance visa?

we just got a letter for approval for our NEW green card. he had biometrics earlier this year.

letter says about 60 days for new green card to come. if it has been more than 60 days, maybe reach out and see if something is holding it up?

Yes this is for K-1 fiance visa.

Sep 17, 2011 - NOA1

Mar 09, 2012 - NOA2

Mar 23, 2012 - Packet 3

May 21, 2012 - POE

Jun 03, 2012 - Married

Yes this is for K-1 fiance visa.

Correction: this is for adjustment of status from a K-1 fiance visa. The green card isn't automatic. After the beneficiary enters on the K-1 visa and the two of you get married, you have to file I-485 to adjust status from K-1 nonimmigrant fiance to conditional permanent resident (2-year green card). That's why I asked about the I-485 filing date and NOA1 information—you don't just go straight from K-1 visa to biometrics.

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

Correction: this is for adjustment of status from a K-1 fiance visa. The green card isn't automatic. After the beneficiary enters on the K-1 visa and the two of you get married, you have to file I-485 to adjust status from K-1 nonimmigrant fiance to conditional permanent resident (2-year green card). That's why I asked about the I-485 filing date and NOA1 information—you don't just go straight from K-1 visa to biometrics.

Thank you, yes it is for adjustment of status from K-1 fiance visa. Check my signature for dates, the I-485 was done on Aug 28th. We filled it out at the USCIS local office at St. Paul, MN. We did not apply for EAD or AP. We also have kept any and all documents pertaining to the entire process. So any form they handed us we have kept.

Edited by kwbaille

Sep 17, 2011 - NOA1

Mar 09, 2012 - NOA2

Mar 23, 2012 - Packet 3

May 21, 2012 - POE

Jun 03, 2012 - Married

Okay, I'm confused. Your signature and your first post say you did biometrics on August 28th—same date as you filed the I-485?

I'm also confused by your statement that "we filled it out at the USCIS local office at St. Paul, MN." I-485 is not normally filed at a local office but by mail at the Chicago lockbox. From there it's transferred to a local office, which sends you NOA1 and a biometrics appointment notice.

Confusion aside, it's helpful that you stated that your local USCIS office is St. Paul, MN. According to the USCIS website, that office's current processing time for I-485 applications is 4 months. If you filed the I-485 on August 28, the same day as your biometrics (I still find this implausible, but I'm going on what you've stated), it hasn't even been two months yet. The National "Customer Service" Center (1-800-375-5283) won't put in a service request unless you're outside of the currently posted processing time. So... sit tight.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I am as confused as Stephen + Elisha.

You are supposed to send your Adjustment of Status paperwork to the Chicago lockbox. Then receive a notice of action in the mail, and then a biometrics appointment letter (appointment that is usually scheduled about a month later).

So OP, you filed the same day as your biometrics? You gave your paperwork to your local office? Please give us more information so we can help you.

As said, receiving the green card is not automatically done once the biometrics are taken. Your case will either be approved without interview, or you will be scheduled for an interview at your local USCIS office.

Do you have your case number? You can check the status of your case online on the uscis.gov website.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

A better prediction would have been; expect the GC to be the USCIS new year's gift in Jan 2013.

Hey everyone,

Hey everyone,

I had my biometrics in November 2011 and got my green card in the mail July 2012. It was a long wait for everyone at the time for those who were transferred to CSC. The ones who were transferred to their local office for interview had a much shorter wait. However there have been some recent changes in how family-based I-485 applications are processed that may speed things up.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c3c7ca7c5fed9310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

As Adam_747 said, expect to have the GC probably by Jan 2013. Few days ago I went to my Infopass appointment at local USCIS office because I had some doubts about my upcoming trip to my country (I received my EAD-AP combo card in August) and the lady very kindly checked in the system (I told her my case was tranferred to CSC) and she said CSC is very delayed lately and that I should expect it receive the GC by beginning of next year possibly, unless an interview is required. I had my biometrics done in middle of July.

Sorry to say but I think you guys should also applied for the EAD and AP (they are free of charge if they are submitted with the i-485 form). That way, if your wife needs to travel to her country for any emergency then she would be ready to go. That's what everybody does as unfortunately the adjustment of status process might be long and you never know when exactly you will get the GC or interview scheduled :crying:

Please, can you update your timeline? When did you file the i-485? This is very confusing.

How you applied for the i-485 the same day you had the biometrics? I don't understand that part. Can you explain better please? I never heard of anybody that did that. As far as I know, people mail their applications to the Chicago Lockbox, you dont do it at your local USCIS office. Then when you receive the biometrics apppointment, you do it.

The USCIS website informs where you can file your Form I-485 to.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Please update your timeline, otherwise the VJ system will have the wrong info.

Keep us updated! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.