moemac59

What do you miss most about Canada

188 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just remembered another: Pizza Pockets! They have something similar here, can't remember what they're called, but they're disgusting in comparison :(

they have Hot Pockets down here which I don't mind but Pillsbury Pizza pops are different.. I never was crazy about McCain Pizza pockets.

I don't remember there being an Ikea where I lived in Canada. We have one close to us here. I have been there a few times but never really bought anything.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Katchoo, if you walk anywhere here in Medina, people look at you like you are from outer space. I had no car living in TO. I either ran, walked, rollerbladded or used public transit to get where I was going...people just don't get that here.

Saylin next time you go by an Ikea, make your husband turn around and drag him in. I did that with mine and he finally got it. In fact it was his idea to drive to Pittsburgh (4 hrs away) to buy our kitchen from there. His passport expired so that is why we went there instead of the 1.5 hr trip over the border to purchase it.

Oh my god, when I first biked or walked here in town (before I got a car), I felt like I was naked as everyone was staring at me!!

And yes, next time we're by an Ikea, I'll drag my husband in there with me devil.gif

they have Hot Pockets down here which I don't mind but Pillsbury Pizza pops are different.. I never was crazy about McCain Pizza pockets.

I don't remember there being an Ikea where I lived in Canada. We have one close to us here. I have been there a few times but never really bought anything.

Hot Pockets! That's what they're called. I didn't like them at all laughing.gif Never tried Pizza Pops before...

Darn it, I feel like a Pizza Pocket now rofl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Things I know I will miss:

1. My family/friends

2. Bluffers Park

3. Being able to walk or ride my bike to places nearby

4. Good tasting milk

5. Canadian Tire and Princess Auto lol

6. The city streets with random stores and restaurants (Bayview, Yonge etc.) - I feel like I've ripped myself off by not exploring these sooner.

I say I hate the city now, but I am going to miss being able to get my city fix whenever I want to!

I'm moving out of Vancouver November 1st. Already I can say that I will miss the changing of the seasons. Fall is my favorite.

XYlOm10.pngGSPYm10.png
AOS: 2012-12-28
NOA's x 2: 2012-01-04
Bio App: 2012-02-05 (Honolulu, HAWAII)
Upcoming AOS Interview (March 21) RESCHEDULED between March 28 - June 6
EAD/AP combo card: 2013-03-15
AOS interview: APRIL 16th approved
Green Card: April 25th 2013 - 2015

ROC: 2015-Jan-20
NOA: 2015-Jan-27

BIO Appt: 2015-Feb-24

Approved: 2015-May-26

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Things I know I will miss:

1. My family/friends

2. Bluffers Park

3. Being able to walk or ride my bike to places nearby

4. Good tasting milk

5. Canadian Tire and Princess Auto lol

6. The city streets with random stores and restaurants (Bayview, Yonge etc.) - I feel like I've ripped myself off by not exploring these sooner.

I say I hate the city now, but I am going to miss being able to get my city fix whenever I want to!

I miss going across the streets to get my Starbucks fix that and McKewans grocery store at the Don Mills Center (Super expensive but some great tasting goodies in there)

I miss running in the Bayview/Yonge area especially that hill at Hogs Hollow

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ohh, Ikea *deeply sighs* I think this is a Canadian thing for sure. When I told my husband about Ikea (which we saw a store by the Mall of America in Minnesota when we went to visit over the summer), he just didn't understand my fascination about it.

Ikea is not canadian by far. They are actually swedish.

I have (2) of them by my house in illinois.

I think you mentioned you live in south dakota? None there.

Lots on east and west coast and in illinois.

I am a USC, but whenever I go home I miss the canadian milk.

It tastes SO much better than american milk!

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Yeah I know that Ikea is not Canadian and that it is Swedish but I still miss it.

Do you think Canadian milk taste better than American milk? I think the other way around. I did notice that when I moved from Winnipeg to Toronto, that the milk in Toronto tasted different and would go bad alot faster then product that I would buy from Safeway in Winnipeg.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Oh, I definitely know it's Swedish. I meant that it's a Canadian thing (not American) about having a fascination about it.

And yes, I live in SD, and yes, I know there's none in SD. The closest one is in Minnesota, by the Mall of America.

Yeah I know that Ikea is not Canadian and that it is Swedish but I still miss it.

Do you think Canadian milk taste better than American milk? I think the other way around. I did notice that when I moved from Winnipeg to Toronto, that the milk in Toronto tasted different and would go bad alot faster then product that I would buy from Safeway in Winnipeg.

I don't know about the taste, but I miss the milk bags!

Timeline

I miss my family and friends

sidewalks,

decent public transportation,

Gravol, Neocitran,

All Dressed chips

Good chocolate like wonder bars, smarties, aero heck we had a better selection of junk food in Canada then we do here and no HFCS in it. I miss drinking red cream soda not the strawberry stuff they have here.

I don't drink milk but my kids have mention that is was different, i do miss bags though.

I miss kraft dinner, cheese whiz

Also ppl just tend to be a lot more friendly back home then here.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I will miss the butter ! Especially the Lactancia butter ! The best in the world !! Liberté mediteranean lemon yogurt is to die for and i will miss it badly too !! Dairies in the US just don't taste the same

Timeline

AAAAahhh ...

- My friends

- Mochaccino from Second Cup :(((((

- Coffee Crisp

- Public transportation

- Vegetarian/ organic food from the Market Across the street at Lawrence Ave :lol:

Cam & Ellie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Call me weird, but I like to buy milk on sale and freeze it! How am I supposed to do that when it's in a carton?! :blink:

IMO there's not really a need for that since buying milk for $2 a gallon is pretty normal.

Maybe 2.99/gal at a larger grocery store.

I didn't even realize the canadian milk was different until drinking it for over a year.

Then I had a bowl of cereal in the states and I was like uhhhhhhhhhhh this is like drinking flavorless water O_O

oldlady.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have not noticed a difference in taste of milk between Canada and the US. I have noticed a difference in taste between the different brands of milk. Usually the cheaper the milk the worse it tastes. Also skim milk is going to taste different then 2% milk..

We have been buying organic milk lately. My husband likes it and it is healthier for you. I haven't been able to drink milk at all for a few years now :( so I drink almond/coconut milk.

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.