Darnell

Filed I-130 yesterday

96 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, some fun today with the phone call into an ISO.

I was calling to initiate an expedite request with an ISO. Got that done, should hear back by 01-22-2013, but

the ISO looked a bit more on the computer, and told me

that the casefile was pulled and assigned to an adjudicator on 12-20-2012 at 2:20 PM and

the casefile was audited (scanned completely) on 12-21-2012.

So maybe the namechecks have started and the expedite request that I went over in person, on the 20th of last month, actually worked.

ISO today also told me that a casefile can be adjudicated within 30 days after being assigned to an adjudicator, so I've some ray o hope ,

I'm holding off on major knee surgery till she gets here, alas.

Happy Monday !

Read this whole thing thinking above bolded word said "prison" and started imagining you as a whole different person until I read it again and corrected myself.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Read this whole thing thinking above bolded word said "prison" and started imagining you as a whole different person until I read it again and corrected myself.

:lol:

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ya, read all my stuff twice, my language usage is weird.

On a lighter note- I did some internal freak out when I saw my casefile at the local office on the 20th.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Got a response back to my last service request from the 7th, today.

via email:

The status of this service request is:

In some instances, we have established separate processing time goals following certain kinds of actions. In this case, the case history indicates that the appropriate processing time changed because the case has been received in the local office for review. The case will be consolidated into a file then given to an Adjudicating Officer for processing and the normal processing time is 90 to 180 days. This case is within that normal processing time. If you do not receive a decision or notice of other action within this time, check our website for an update or call customer service at the number provided below.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Smells like the expedite request wasn't granted. Hmmm.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hello Darnell, I've been following this topic. My husband also did an expedite request last November and until now it is so hanging. we don't know if it is approved or denied for we didnot get any mail. They said they will send us a mail within 30 days after we sent another evidence thru fax but the latest answer we got is our papers were forwarded to the state department and they coudn't do anything about it but just to email them to follow-up our request. I won't expect no more that they will approve our request for it takes too long for them to respond. I am just sad because my hubby will be scheduled for surgery this March and he is having hard times now with his chemoradiation. It is so hard for us and for others too, but nothing we can do for now but to keep hoping and believing.

Timeline

ya, the observed (and prior) expedite intake process, to 'give all' during the I-130 submittal, seems to be broken now that MSC is involved.

If my casefile went to CSC or VSC, instead, then that expedite request would have been reviewed and a decision to expedite made (or denied) within 3 weeks of it hitting one of those service centers.

I'm getting really torqued about this.

Timeline

Another thought, however malformed.

90 to 120 days from what date? if from NOA-1 date - I'll stand down and relax.

If from the 21st o December, I'm going to be grinding my teeth a bit.

Timeline

after another read -

I am thinking this wasn't written by the local office staff after all,

and the wording seems familiar from petitioner interviews prior to I-130 approval, at a local office.

So, Time to get heavy on the congressional inquiry.

Grr.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Yesterday, in hindsight, is making for interesting fodder.

Two things yesterday - Yet another service request and the Congressional Inquiry officially started.

When I was talking to an ISO yesterday, I mentioned that I've made 4 attempts to expedite so far, and no one has addressed the expedite, giving an answer of yes or no. She took about 5 minutes to review all, placing me on hold, then told me - NO ONE HAS ADDRESSED YOUR EXPEDITE, so I'm sending a new service request today.

The Congressional Staffer fired off the email to USCIS yesterday afternoon, circa 4:00 PM or so. Same stuff, same concerns - why hasn't the expedite been addressed by anyone at USCIS?

Blech. My fault, really, for not getting the casefile in , in July. I have staff that could have driven me to the post office, push the wheel chair, so it was do-able, then. Expedite requests that make it to VSC or CSC WITH THE I-130 submittal are looked at on or about week 3 past NOA-1 date, and an answer given about week 5 to expedite or no. Grrrrr.

Alrighty - watch this space for another update.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yesterday, in hindsight, is making for interesting fodder.

Two things yesterday - Yet another service request and the Congressional Inquiry officially started.

When I was talking to an ISO yesterday, I mentioned that I've made 4 attempts to expedite so far, and no one has addressed the expedite, giving an answer of yes or no. She took about 5 minutes to review all, placing me on hold, then told me - NO ONE HAS ADDRESSED YOUR EXPEDITE, so I'm sending a new service request today.

The Congressional Staffer fired off the email to USCIS yesterday afternoon, circa 4:00 PM or so. Same stuff, same concerns - why hasn't the expedite been addressed by anyone at USCIS?

Blech. My fault, really, for not getting the casefile in , in July. I have staff that could have driven me to the post office, push the wheel chair, so it was do-able, then. Expedite requests that make it to VSC or CSC WITH THE I-130 submittal are looked at on or about week 3 past NOA-1 date, and an answer given about week 5 to expedite or no. Grrrrr.

Alrighty - watch this space for another update.

/watching O__O

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am still rooting for you :)

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

called the ILS today, just a simple followup to confirm stuff went out from her office on Tuesday.

Yup, it went out.

Called USCIS, got an ISO, had her dig deep and review the internal status system, and 'shazaam' !

07 FEB -reassigned to responsible party . She couldn't tell me what that meant, at all.

Then she told me most of the prior updates were 'status updated' with no further info.

Still, no clue what internal status system she's looking at - but it's the pattern for me, aye?

About half of the ISOs use it with me, the other half don't use it with me.

Timeline

Tempus Fugit !

some movement, after that phone call.

paste from my ILS human's email:

Good morning Ms. Ward

Your congressional inquiry was received at the Dallas Field Office and was referred to a supervisor of the Service for review and determination of the expedite request.

I will update you on the status of your request as I am advised.

Respectfully,

Dallas Congressionals

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Blah - got a RFE on the 9th of February - how fun !!

Went in two weeks ago to drop off, but with still no info on status I went in today to have a talk.

Wow - they want one more thing - so I am prepping that tonight.

Good News? They have a drop box - so I can drop off stuff and a human will see it.

Yay !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Blah - got a RFE on the 9th of February - how fun !!

Went in two weeks ago to drop off, but with still no info on status I went in today to have a talk.

Wow - they want one more thing - so I am prepping that tonight.

Good News? They have a drop box - so I can drop off stuff and a human will see it.

Yay !

Still rooting for you! Go get Em'

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.