GrayL

240 Days Later, GC Approved

12 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

JUST got the much anticipated text message from the USCIS.

Card/ Document Production

On October 8, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Absolutely over the moon, I filed on 02/11/2012, finally got the card production notification today, 10/08/2012. So that makes it 240 days..

Just wanted to share my excitement. I will have been in the USA 12 months on 11/18/2012 so this couldn't have come at a better time. Now I can finally get my driver's licence before the year is up (I am only allowed to drive on my Australian licence for 12 months.

No interview, just the transfer to the CBHSC (California Black Hole Service Center).

A big, fat, pile of stinkin' HECK YES!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Time to celebrate,

GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

wooo congrats!

AOS:

5/29/2012: Married
6/29/2012: Sent AOS Package (I485, I130, I131, I765)
7/02/2012: *Date Received Shown on NOA for I485, I130, I131, I765
7/13/2012: Text/Email NOA Received
7/16/2012: Hard Copy NOA Received
8/07/2012: Biometrics Appointment
8/27/2012: I131 and I765 (AP and EAD) APPROVED - 59 Days
9/05/2012: EAD Received
9/26/2012: Interview (I485 and I130)
9/26/2012: Conditional Green Card APPROVED - 89 Days
10/8/2012: Green Card Received

ROC:

9/4/2014: Sent ROC Package (I751)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:dance: CONGRATULATIONS !!! :dance:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Thank you so so much for all your kind words! :dance:

I'll be praying for everyone else still waiting.. it'll happen, sooner or later!

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Folks,

JUST got the much anticipated text message from the USCIS.

Absolutely over the moon, I filed on 02/11/2012, finally got the card production notification today, 10/08/2012. So that makes it 240 days..

Just wanted to share my excitement. I will have been in the USA 12 months on 11/18/2012 so this couldn't have come at a better time. Now I can finally get my driver's licence before the year is up (I am only allowed to drive on my Australian licence for 12 months.

No interview, just the transfer to the CBHSC (California Black Hole Service Center).

A big, fat, pile of stinkin' HECK YES!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Time to celebrate,

GrayL

congrats!!!! awesome to also know when my fiance first gets here he can drive with his australian drivers license :)

USCIS

03/31/2012: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

04/03/2012: I-129F recieved and sent to VSC

04/06/2012: NOA1 text/email.

04/09/2012: Touched.

04/12/2012: NOA1 hardcopy.

09/06/2012: Service request placed- They advised I should hear something by 9/21

09/17/2012: Received letter from USCIS just to be told i'm within' normal processing time bleh.

10/03/2012: NOA2 text received - Best part is it's our 2nd year anniversary!! Great Gift! :)

Sydney Consulate

10/21/2012: Packet 3 Received

11/30/2012: Sent packet 3

12/27/2012: Received packet 4 Interview date :)

01/22/2013: Medical completed

02/05/2013: Interview date status: APPROVED 306 Days!!

02/22/2013: Visa in Hand

02/24/2013: POE- Dallas, TX- then connecting flight home!

Total Time it took to complete our K1 process- 10 months and 3 weeks!!! INSANE! (325 days)

congrats!!!! awesome to also know when my fiance first gets here he can drive with his australian drivers license :)

Yeah he'll be fine, honestly I went and got an international licence just to be on the safe side (It was only $25 so I thought why not, I lived in WA). But I know for a fact at least here in Montana you don't need one, your Aussie drivers licence is good for 1 year, I got confirmation of this in two ways:

1. The lady at the DMV told me I was good for one year when I went to specifically enquire about it!

2. I had an extremely minor fender bender a couple months ago, I offered the police officer both my drivers licence AND my international licence and he replied "I don't need to see that" (looking at my international licence). He then went and ran my aussie drivers licence, came back and said, verbatim, "Well I checked with interpol, and you're good to be here, so we're done!" And handed it all back to me. He was a nice cop! :innocent:

So yeah you're all good!

But you might be interested in insurance though, here's my experience. MOST insurance companies will cover unlisted drivers as long as:

1. They have driven the car less than 14 times in the last 12 months.

2. They do not live at the same address as the car's owner.

So it would be extremely wise to get your fiance on your insurance policy as soon as he plans on driving. It cost us $40/year extra as foreign drivers are considered a 'penalty', I laughed too!

That's accurate for Progressive insurance anyhow, but from my research that's fairly standard.

ALSO, now this is a big one, I would kindly remind your fiance that if he ever did get pulled over by the police, to remain INSIDE the vehicle with your hands showing! That was news to me, as in Australia it's normal just to get out of your car and approach the police officer... That doesn't fly here obviously, not unless he wants a gun pulled on him! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Best of luck,

GrayL

Edited by GrayL

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so so much for all your kind words! :dance:

I'll be praying for everyone else still waiting.. it'll happen, sooner or later!

Congratulations!! :-) I'm hoping to get mine next month. :( i don't have State ID, SSN and can't get driver's permit cuz of the greencard.

03/2012 - Got Married

04/02/2012 - AOS sent

04/04/2012 - USCIS received my I-485 application

05/1/2012 - Notice transferred to CSC

05/14/2012 - Schedule for Biometrics

06/14/2012 - No Mail.. still waiting

07/14/2012 - still waiting

08/14/2012 - waiting....

09/14/2012 - w.a.i.t.i.n.g.......

11/19/2012 - GC approved!!! Finally!! :-)

11/23/2012 - received my GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.