LagrimasDeAmor

Came on K1 Visa, but never got Married,

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

K-1 is a single entry visa, if you do not fulfill the requirements, the beneficiary must return home, there is no alernative allowing them to stay

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

please advise if there is any procedure to complete, there were issues and my fiancee left home, is there anything else to do???? If we ever get back together?

Is the alien fiancee still in the US, or returned to home country?

*Moved from Adjust Status forum to K1 forum (for now)*

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

please advise if there is any procedure to complete, there were issues and my fiancee left home, is there anything else to do???? If we ever get back together?

is she still in the US? if yes how many days have passed since she came?

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

If you can't fulfill the K1 requirements upon her entry to US then she must return home. If you get back before her I-94 expires and got married then resume as usual.

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Sorry to hear that.

K-1 visa are visa issued to alien fiance(e) to enter in the USA and marry within 90 days of his/her arrival into the States.And k-1 visas are only single entry visas.If you and your fiance(e) could not marry within that period,he or she needs to go back to his country of origin.

Now talking about what happen if you both get together again...The embassy will be reluctant issuing another visa but it does not mean they wont issue.i can advice if you both can get marry in your fiance(e)country of origin and live together there.You could then apply from the consular together and you would have much chances to make it easier for both of you to relocate to US.

NB:I AM NOT A LAWYER AND ALL IS BASED ON MY PERSONAL RESEARCHES FROM USCIS PAGES

Good Luck.

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Sorry to hear that.

K-1 visa are visa issued to alien fiance(e) to enter in the USA and marry within 90 days of his/her arrival into the States.And k-1 visas are only single entry visas.If you and your fiance(e) could not marry within that period,he or she needs to go back to his country of origin.

Now talking about what happen if you both get together again...The embassy will be reluctant issuing another visa but it does not mean they won't issue the visa.I can advice if you both can get marry in your fiance(e)country of origin and live together there.You could then apply from the consular (Direct Consular Filling) together and you would have much chances to make it easier for both of you to relocate to US.

NB:I AM NOT A LAWYER AND ALL IS BASED ON MY PERSONAL RESEARCHES FROM USCIS PAGES

Good Luck.

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Filed: Timeline

The main question IMO here is how long she was in the country. If you never got married and she stayed longer than 90 days, she would have been out of status and accumulated unlawful presence - She may be subject to a bar from re-entry. Depending on how long she overstayed, this could be a very serious problem potentially.

If she entered with the intent to marry you, things went sour and you didn't get married, and she left the country within 90 days, she has done nothing illegal. She will still be eligible for a new visa - be it K-1 or CR-1 or any other visa. She cannot re-enter on the same K-1 visa, they are single entry, and are effectively worthless once used. You'll be starting the process again from scratch.

Note: Being eligible to apply for a visa, and actually being granted a visa are two very different things. If you decide to give the wedding another go, you can refile the I-129f for another K-1 visa for her. If there aren't any issues with overstay, you should still expect to be scrutinized as to the seriousness of the relationship. The USCIS and consulates do understand that some times, things don't go according to plan, but they'll want to make sure you're actually for real this time. Expect a bigger burden to prove a legitimate relationship this time around. Best of luck to you.

Edited by jaejayC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.