37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

HELLO GUYS...

I AM CURRENTLY LIVING IN THE US UNDER A TOURIST VISA (STILL VAILD), HOWEVER WHILE HERE I MARRIED MY LONGTIME GIRLFRIEND WHO IS A US CITIZEN AND WE DECIDED TO APPLY FOR MY AOS..

THE QUESTION I HAVE RIGHT NOW ARE AS FOLLOWS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR ALL THE HELP.

FORM I-485:

PART 1:

CURRENT USCIS STATUS: WHAT SHOULD I WRITE ON THIS PART?

PART 2:

APPLICATION TYPE: WHICH ONE SHOULD I TICK IF:

OPTION A: I DONT HAVE AN AVAILABLE VISA NUMBER YET

OPTION B: MY SPOUSE DID NOT APPLY FOR A AOS SINCE SHE IS A U.S CITIZEN HERSELF

OPTION C: I DONT HAVE A K-1 VISA

OPTION D,E,F,G: NOT UNDER ASYLUM, RELATED TO A CUBAN CITIZEN OR LIVED IN THE US SINCE 1972

OPTION H : OTHER BASIS OF ELIGIBILITY. (PROBABLY THIS ONE BECAUSE I AM AN IMMEDIATE RELATIVE OF A US CITIZEN LIVING IN THE US?)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE GUYS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Getting married with a b2 is not the smartest decision, that's why we have k1 and cr1 visas. Have this in mind cause this situation may raise some eyebrows during your AoS interview. Anyways, you current status is B2 visa holder. K1 visas and cr1 visas ( fiance and spouse visas) have this numbers, that's why they are asking them. If your current visa doesnt have a RED numbers you should leave it in blank.

And yes, you are an immediate relative of a US citizen

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

Tourist and b2 visa holder are the same. Choose whatever you want

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

thank you so much guys, henry so you would recommend that since my K1 visa number are not in RED i should leave it in blank or i should right "B1" and the expiration date on the next space?

Thank you...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

HELLO GUYS...

I AM CURRENTLY LIVING IN THE US UNDER A TOURIST VISA (STILL VAILD), HOWEVER WHILE HERE I MARRIED MY LONGTIME GIRLFRIEND WHO IS A US CITIZEN AND WE DECIDED TO APPLY FOR MY AOS..

THE QUESTION I HAVE RIGHT NOW ARE AS FOLLOWS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR ALL THE HELP.

FORM I-485:

PART 1:

CURRENT USCIS STATUS: WHAT SHOULD I WRITE ON THIS PART?

PART 2:

APPLICATION TYPE: WHICH ONE SHOULD I TICK IF:

OPTION A: I DONT HAVE AN AVAILABLE VISA NUMBER YET

OPTION B: MY SPOUSE DID NOT APPLY FOR A AOS SINCE SHE IS A U.S CITIZEN HERSELF

OPTION C: I DONT HAVE A K-1 VISA

OPTION D,E,F,G: NOT UNDER ASYLUM, RELATED TO A CUBAN CITIZEN OR LIVED IN THE US SINCE 1972

OPTION H : OTHER BASIS OF ELIGIBILITY. (PROBABLY THIS ONE BECAUSE I AM AN IMMEDIATE RELATIVE OF A US CITIZEN LIVING IN THE US?)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE GUYS.

wow some people on this forum are ILL INFORMED and plain asshats.

PART 1..you should put B2 Touring Visa

PART 2..you should select option a. if you are applying, you obviously are sending the form I-130 petition application. READ the question and then READ option a. you ARE an immediate relative of a US Citizen, therefore you are filing the I-130 concurrently and it will make a visa number immediately available to you( even tho spouses of US Citizens DO NOT NEED A VISA )

I was just approved and was registered as a permanent resident yesterday. And i my friend was here on a B2 Visa. DO NOT listen to those that say they "raise an eyebrow" about it. Its really simple, if you came here and had GENUINE intentions of leaving and you are GENUINELY in love etc, you will have no problems. This will be made evident by the "evidence" you have such as joint bank accounts, bills with your names on it, a child together, pictures of you two with friends, family, and at places etc. Theres all kinds of things you can submit as evidence, dig deep, facebook messages to each other, cards, love letters, the list goes on and on. follow instructions to the T and you will do just fine. If you have any questions what soever feel free to message me or whatever. GOOD LUCK!

Day 000- 08/08/2011 - Petition for alien relative (I-130) mailed to Chicago Illinois

Day 003- 08/11/2011 - Text and email confirmation from USCIS of receipt

Day 013- 08/22/2011 - Received receipt for I-130

Day 198- 03/07/2012 - Text and email confirmation of APPROVED I-130!

Day 203- 03/12/2012 - I-130 approval letter received

Day 323- 07/05/2012 - AOS package (I-485 + I-765) mailed to Chicago Illinois

Day 329- 07/11/2012 - Text and email confirmation from USCIS of receipt

Day 332- 07/14/2012 - Received receipts for I-485 and I-765

Day 336- 07/18/2012 - Recieved ASC Appointment Notice (biometrics) for 08/02/2012 @ 8:00am

Day 341- 07/23/2012 - Biometrics early walk-in SUCCESS!

Day 372- 08/23/2012 - Text and email confirmation of Interview date set for October 4th, 2012

Day 372- 08/23/2012 - Received interview letter in mail!

Day 384- 09/04/2012 - Text and email confirmation of EAD Card Production. OMG! approval feels good!

Day 390- 09/10/2012 - Text and email confirmation of EAD Card mailed to address on file

Day 390- 09/10/2012 - Text and email confirmation of USPS picking up mail from USCIS

Day 393- 09/13/2012 - Received EAD Card in mail!!!!

Day 393- 09/13/2012 - Text and email confirmation of USPS reporting the EAD Card was received by customer!

Day 414- 10/04/2012 - Interview and on the spot APPROVAL! PERMANENT RESIDENT!

Timeline

thank you Simon, so if i write down on part 2 : B2 which expiration date should i write my visa expiration as on my passport or the expiration date stamped on my i-94???

thank you again...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~~moved to Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas from Adjustment of Status from (GReen Card) from family based Visas~~~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Guys, another quick question on form i-485

15. have you ever:

a. served in, been a member, assisted in, or participated in any military unit.... yes or no

I spent 2 yrs as a Cadet for the Venezuelan Navy Officer Academy, which is part of the Venezuelan Navy.. nothing major just studies and some training as part of my military service..

What is your advice on this one?

yes, no? explain in further details, i am pretty sure in my turist visa applicationa few years ago i wrote that i was part of it...

any thoughts?

thanks...

The answer is YES. Baja, to be successful in this process you need to read accurately and interpret literally. if it asks you if you were in the army, and you were in the army, then you say YES. Don't make things hard,you must answer the question. Take some time and answer the questions calmly.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

thank you Simon, so if i write down on part 2 : B2 which expiration date should i write my visa expiration as on my passport or the expiration date stamped on my i-94???

thank you again...

I-94.

This little white paper is your friend, pal, comrade and buddy. Go by the date on that one. It is your arrival/departure record and it determines the (lawful) duration of your stay. And keep it safe in your passport, you'll be needing it for your AOS interview.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

Thank you very much guys for your prompt response, i am actually writing in a separate sheet of paper the nature of my "military training and everything", as well as correcting my visa date with my I-94 date..

Great weekend for all of you guys !!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thank you very much guys for your prompt response, i am actually writing in a separate sheet of paper the nature of my "military training and everything", as well as correcting my visa date with my I-94 date..

Great weekend for all of you guys !!!

NP and you're welcome. Good luck with AOS(which is just another way of saying congrats with marriage and spending all your time together in the same country).

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

thank you so much guys, henry so you would recommend that since my K1 visa number are not in RED i should leave it in blank or i should right "B1" and the expiration date on the next space?

Thank you...

No, no ...the visa number is the ONE listed in red in the visa.... You dont have a k1 visa you hava an tourist visa which is way different. A k1 is a visa granted to a foreign fiance of a us citizen. Your tourist visa should have a number which is NOT the control number... The visa num is in red.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.