SingleDad2usc

U-visa certification

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

purplepenguins, your last post may have links helpful to someone.

I'm surprised you work for immigrant causes. What you did in the post immediately preceding your last post was inhuman. You "quoted" a bunch of lies, which should ban you from this list. I hope this was your last post in my topic, because I try to have my topic help others.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

singledad it seems your lawyer is not willing to put some effort in supporting your case and he wants to keep it simple,but in Vawa cases I think is imprudent any lawyer to keep a Vawa case simple, of course you have to submit all pictures you have about the abuse suffered.I never submitted any Vawa petition with less than 100 pages.I never got a single RFE and all cases were approved,it means the officer adjudicating the cases read every single document submitted. Your affidavit should not have more than 10 pages ,I would recommend 7/8 pages. It's between you and your lawyer the decision to include the kids in your petition,I would include without any hesitation and you have tons of proof indicating that your kids were abused by their mother. The kids are american but you can have your Vawa approved based in their abuse as well. As I told you from the beginning you have a Vawa case, but because you don't have any proof of her status your lawyer has to ask USCIS that and they are taking long time, we have in the thread Vawa part 3 one guy waiting 2months for the prima facie (it takes usually 20/25 days)but because he had to ask USCIS to check her status they didn't issue the prima facie yet.

Edited by sandranj

Your VAWA experience exceeds his by much. I'll see what I can do. But your last fact is surprising: why isn't it easy for them to check? looking at her Asylum Grant letter, just punch up her A#...what's the big deal with that; how can I possibly have her documents since she moved out?

singledad it seems your lawyer is not willing to put some effort in supporting your case and he wants to keep it simple,but in Vawa cases I think is imprudent any lawyer to keep a Vawa case simple, of course you have to submit all pictures you have about the abuse suffered.I never submitted any Vawa petition with less than 100 pages.I never got a single RFE and all cases were approved,it means the officer adjudicating the cases read every single document submitted. Your affidavit should not have more than 10 pages ,I would recommend 7/8 pages. It's between you and your lawyer the decision to include the kids in your petition,I would include without any hesitation and you have tons of proof indicating that your kids were abused by their mother. The kids are american but you can have your Vawa approved based in their abuse as well. As I told you from the beginning you have a Vawa case, but because you don't have any proof of her status your lawyer has to ask USCIS that and they are taking long time, we have in the thread Vawa part 3 one guy waiting 2months for the prima facie (it takes usually 20/25 days)but because he had to ask USCIS to check her status they didn't issue the prima facie yet.

Timeline

singledad I don't have any explanation why they take so long to find out about the abuser status, but as I said we have here in the VJ one case the guy asked USCIS to check his adjustment of status petition that he submitted last year because he doesn't have copy of her documents anymore and in his file there is a copy of her american passport, he is waiting almost two months for Vawa Unit to check his old file, and they didn't issue a prima facie yet.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Purpleppinguins why do you thing singledad is not entitled to file Vawa? Of course he Is entitled to file Vawa.He was battered and his wife was sentenced for assault.He must prove domestic violence and he has proof,he has to prove bonafide marriage i believe he will be able to prove that,he has to prove good moral character and he will be able to prove that.The only thing missing in his case is to find out if she became an LPR or US Citizen and as soon uscis find out her status he has a complete Vawa case and if she is not an LPR or Us Citizen he has a U case.It doesnt matter if he is Canadian,Chinese ,latino etc...he must prove domestic violence and bonafide marriage that is it! There is no mention in the INA law that people from first world Country can't file Vawa.If he was a latina,african or asian woman everyone would say "poor woman" but because he is a man and Canadian many people think he is not entitled to get a GC.He was battered and we should not consider his nationality but what he suffered.

belinda, out of context and in the hindsight - everyone is a genius. facts are: until 2 out of 100's members here raised a possibility that 2003 events did qualify me for status, I didn't know that. The racist poster here now jumped on my discovery process, faulting me for driving legally (while "paraphrasing" and incinuating lies) - and crying how I could even think of driving legally. He also makes up "lack of evidence" and racial elements - and should definitely leave my thread.

I hope other people who suffer learn at least something out of what I've suffered:

- win in Family Court. The Judge with many decades of experience heard the case for over a year and ruled in my favor, and against Child Protective Services

- don't be affraid, don't give up and work to enforce justice: in more recent years, I self-represented and have won twice with two different Administrative Judges to keep my Preventive Case open

- don't give up your children, no matter the extent of birth defects or the enormous load of 24/7 care they may demand of you

- no matter how many bad people (and not so good lawyers) may spend their living breath to purposely hurt another human, never surrender your children. To all of you who count the bare necessities for which I must, over stringent year-round processes, qualify just to maintain my children's survival and growth - maybe you could mail my daughter a tablet or a smart-phone, so she doesn't cry that all other 30 classmates have one, or two, or three... and my son is asking for "LIRR train", which unfortunately none of his 5 classmates seem to have

Edited by SingleDad2usc

I have no idea why you and your "popular" cohorts live to prevent legal immigration. No one in the past 9 years, until only 2 out of 100s members here did, advised me that I did have safe path to legalization. I could never remove my son in favor of colder living; and officials and physicians saw to prevent that. Why countless you make concious effort here to hurt other human beings and children, with your lies and inuendo? What's in it for you, when will you be accounting to human kind for destructiveness of your occupation - to sit in immigration help forums and to hurt people and their children?

And you're not alone: when wise family court judge addressed 4 young attorneys battling in front of him in 2004 - he knew they had it in their power to help. But I only find out this fall of 2012: if ACS in 2004 disposition didn't move to simply dismiss against the mother who was in contempt - they could have instead issued me U-visa certification! Only to think about it: what piece of work those Child Protective Services and their lawyers were. They instead were aiming to break the family by any means, and to get paid for private adoption. When the Judge figured it out, he said looking straight into their eyes: one parent is out, she has no interest. Here in front of me for the past year is the other parent who has submitted to all requirements of this court, and is asking to take children home. If you appear in my courtroom one more time to tell me that he doesn't have something necessary to take care of these two children - I will fine you $1,000 a day until you make sure that he does

Edited by SingleDad2usc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.