schulgz

Proof of bona fide marriage

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

Getting ready to send I-130 in:

For proof of bona fide marriage I will be sending in airline tickets, Skype records, 15 photos of us together and three affidavits. For Skype records I am sending in two screen shots per month of conversations we've had but it seems like it will end up being a ton. Is it bad to send in too much to prove your marriage? Seems like that will be the bulk of the material I provide..

The more you provide the better your chances are. I mean don't send 100 pages of conversations but just enough to show that there has been an ongoing relationship. Best of luck to you both!

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Getting ready to send I-130 in:

For proof of bona fide marriage I will be sending in airline tickets, Skype records, 15 photos of us together and three affidavits. For Skype records I am sending in two screen shots per month of conversations we've had but it seems like it will end up being a ton. Is it bad to send in too much to prove your marriage? Seems like that will be the bulk of the material I provide..

And you are also sending in your Marriage Certificate correct?

Pictures with each other, and with other family members helps. Pictures of the wedding help.

I only sent in (for evidence) the the Marriage Certificate and Pictures, and Visits count report along with the I-130 stuff.

Not sent in, but accumulated and will go with me to the interview are:

For Skype I printed out two pages worth, and total duration of conversations, but saving these for the interview, did not send with the I-130

Also not sent with the I-130, but coming to the interview with me are additional photos, and email counts, and phone records.

I would not suggest to overwhelm them with paper for the I-130... make your point that it is bona fide

Best of Luck to you

I would not suggest to overwhelm them with paper for the I-130... make your point that it is bona fide

:thumbs:

That being said, I've read that while the consulate officers HAVE to take into consideration the evidence in the I-130 packet when they make a decision, this is not the case for any additional evidence you take to the interview. Some really nasty COs completely ignore any other evidence at the interview.

Of course, this only really happens in the more notorious and difficult consulates which is why they always say to build a really strong case with your I-130 if you are petitioning for someone from one of the high fraud countries. I'm not sure if Israel is one of them though.

Edited by caly

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

We're sending:

Photocopy of marriage certificate

The copy of our Skype records since marriage. Mostly it is just (DATE) Wife called husband, duration XX:XX. With some occasional blurbs.

Copy of bank account showing both names

Copy of vehicle insurance with both names

Copy of boarding passes from me

Copies of his itineraries

4 photos of us before we were married

4 photos of wedding with people labeled

Affidavit from my mom, a Reverend who married us

Affidavit from his best friend a SSgt in the USAF

I can't think of anything more to send in and I hope it's enough. Just make sure you have copies of everything and don't send originals except maybe affidavits.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

We're sending:

The copy of our Skype records since marriage. Mostly it is just (DATE) Wife called husband, duration XX:XX. With some occasional blurbs.

I can't think of anything more to send in and I hope it's enough. Just make sure you have copies of everything and don't send originals except maybe affidavits.

Hi NikiR: can I ask you maybe silly questions?

How you succeed to copy the Skype records? I cannot find the way to export the data to show the calls.

I am Italian and he is American and we are thinking to marry here in Italy and live together in the US, so we still have to start all the process.

I cannot understand how I can have a bank account with him if I don't have a US insurance number.

Please, help me to understand, thanks a lot a good luck for you visa.

There is a form you fill out, I can get the name off my computer at home (on a cell atm), and you'll need your passport number and expiration date. They'll be able to give him a signature card you can mail back to him. My husband uses USAA because he was in the Air Force and this is what we used.

To copy the Skype calls I just made it show the last 6 months, highlighted everything in the text area, then copied it and pasted into a wordpad file.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

To add, we haven't emailed each other much since we started skipping everyday, and the emails we do share, we both prefer we don't share with anyone. Same goes with presents and cards I've sent him. It's why we're personally not using those for evidence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We're sending:

I also included the bank statement showing I used my debit card at ATM's in his city, I also included the bank statement showing the purchase of my airline tickets. Don't know if this will help but thought I would suggest it.

To add, we haven't emailed each other much since we started skipping everyday, and the emails we do share, we both prefer we don't share with anyone. Same goes with presents and cards I've sent him. It's why we're personally not using those for evidence.

DOn't use the cards but make copies the envelopes with the postmarks this can also show communication :D

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There is a form you fill out, I can get the name off my computer at home (on a cell atm), and you'll need your passport number and expiration date. They'll be able to give him a signature card you can mail back to him. My husband uses USAA because he was in the Air Force and this is what we used.

To copy the Skype calls I just made it show the last 6 months, highlighted everything in the text area, then copied it and pasted into a wordpad file.

Don't copy and paste anything it is better to print screen shots instead also I added my husband as an authorized user on my Capital One account I went online in my account and where it asked for his SS# I put all 0's and they accepted it and even sent me a card for him.

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Okay I'll screen shot god know how many pages! lol! I liked being able to edit out certain items tho... But random screens can work...

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm getting married in the Philippines within a month and then will send in the I-130 almost immediately after. So the materials I can use of us after being married will be very sparse (I'll have some photos but probably no chat records since we are physically together now). Can I send photos, chat snippets, and travel records from before we were married?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Can I send photos, chat snippets, and travel records from before we were married?

Yes

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I ended up doing screen shots for about 15 pages of skype records. One for each month going back about 15 months. Hope they like paper, also I will be using my bank statements to prove I was in various cities with my wife.

As far as skype - we did a screen shot for a communication once a month for a year worth.

Day 11/14 Mailed AOS Package

Day 11/16 AOS Package Accepted

Day 11/20 Received Text with receipt numbers

Day 11/21 Checks cashed

Day 11/26 -Letter for Biometrix - its on 12/20

Day 12/20/ went to do biometrics, turn away as wife has a cut on thumb - will try to walk in next week

Day 12/28 - bio metrics done ! - walked in San Diego as we were visiting my in laws.

Day 1/4/2013 - received text/email that case is ready to be scheduled for interview !

Day 1/15/2013 - received hard copy letter to let us know interview is on 2/12 !

Day 1/17/2013 - received text/email that EAD has been approved

Day 1/26/2013 - received EAD card

Day 2/12 - interview done - approved on spot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.