JohnE

I-129F question #18- Proof of meeting within 2 years

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am in the process of filing the I-129F. I first met my fiance four years ago. She is from Mexico and was in working in the US on a TN Visa. We are both accountants and she worked at a client’s office that my company did work for. We have dated for 4 years and got engaged a year ago. Her company was sold in January of 2012 and she returned to Mexico. However she has traveled to the US (to see me) a number of times since then on her travel visa. I have traveled to Mexico a number of times on my passport. I have a question about what proof I need to have in order to support line #18 on the I-129F form. The discription says to explain how the relationship was established and does not say anything about providing proof. I did not keep any type of receipts when we would go out to eat (even thought that would not say who was at the table eating!) Other than write a detailed description and attach it to the I-129F form what else should I try and provide? The rest of the form is straight forward but I want to make sure I cross all the Ts and dot all the Is. Thanks in advance for your help.

On a side note we will travel between Mexico and the US during the I-129F process. Will that cause a problem? Sorry if some of these questions have been answered in other posts but I am new to this forum.

Thanks again

John

Semper Fi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is what I put as an answer for my question #18 and was approved.

"I met my fiance xxxxxxxx when I visited the Philippines (coming from New Jersey, USA), from January 10, 2012 to January 24, 2012. I met her parents and siblings along with her extended family and friends. On January 20, 2012 I proposed to xxxx and she accepted."

Makes sure you include pictures, passport stamps, boarding passes etc.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is what I put as an answer for my question #18 and was approved.

"I met my fiance xxxxxxxx when I visited the Philippines (coming from New Jersey, USA), from January 10, 2012 to January 24, 2012. I met her parents and siblings along with her extended family and friends. On January 20, 2012 I proposed to xxxx and she accepted."

Makes sure you include pictures, passport stamps, boarding passes etc.

good.gif Short, sweet and to the point

They don't want a love story

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The size of the question answer box is indicative of the size of the appropriate size response.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

The size of the question answer box is indicative of the size of the appropriate size response.

Exactly. Pretty sure my response was one or two sentences.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I actually wrote a lot more than was needed and was approved no problem. If I had to do it again, I would just write in the little box a couple sentences. Make sure you include boarding passes and passport stamps because it is great proof of you being there at that specified time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The description supports the Question. Describe how you met within the last two years. Your evidence, as suggested in the Guides, will support this one meeting.

The question does not ask about your relationship....just did you meet in person in the last two years.

And yes the size of the box is indicative of how long your answer should be. Two sentences max.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.