lemayz

Post-interview problem - five weeks to get a visa!!

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I just spoke to an aquaintance whose husband also interviewed here in Santiago for the CR1, but on August 8th. He is still in administrative processing and the Embassy won't give any answers. Could they have put the whole boat of CR1s in administrative processing because they are having printing problems? It also sounds a little bizarre...

Timeline:

Nov. 2008 - met my husband in Chile

May 2011 - engaged

Dec. 2011 - married

Feb. 20, 2012 - sent in I-130 packet from abroad

March 3, 2012 - NOA1

March 14, 2012 - NOA2

March 21, 2012 - NVC Received

April 4, 2012 - NVC Case Number Received

April 9, 2012 - AOS bill Paid

April 12(ish) - IV bill Paid

June 11, 2012 - AOS and IV packages received by NVC

June 18, 2012 - Checklist received from NVC (to send forms that I am not even supposed to have!)

June 20, 2012 - IV packet approved

June 26, 2012 - AOS Checklist response sent

July 18, 2012 - Case complete

August 23, 2012 - Medical Appointment

September 26, 2012 - Interview - supposedly approved but put on Administrative Processing :-(

October 18, 2021 - Received Visa

Dec. 13, 2012 - POE at Miami

Dec. 20, 2012 - received Social Security Card

Jan. 3, 2013 - received Greencard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well but I wish they would've at least given us some kind of paper that said we were approved but they didn't. In fact the guy told us that he was giving us a paper that demonstrated we had gone to the interview, which unfortunately we didn't read in the moment. Outside of the embassy we read it and it said that we were missing papers and so ineligible....and that we have to come back with the other papers. I thought that was also very strange. I emailed the Consulate about, but we'll see what they say.

Are you missing some things or not? Trying to follow the conversation here but getting lost.

The 5 week time period may be the length of time you have to supply the required documents/information.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

And I just found this spreadsheet...but it's only updated to Aug. 16th.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/chile/328666/visas/visa_cases_pending_feb28-Aug16_2012.pdf

Nevermind...that's only for non-immigrant visas.

Edited by lemayz

Timeline:

May 2011 - engaged

Dec. 2011 - married

March 3, 2012 - NOA1

March 14, 2012 - NOA2

June 18, 2012 - Checklist received from NVC (to send forms that I am not even supposed to have!)

September 26, 2012 - Interview - supposedly approved but put on Administrative Processing :-(

Timeline

Anh map....I am not missing anything. The CO very clearly told us that all of our documents are in order and we are approved. Just that they weren't going to be able to give us the visa in up to 5 weeks. However, now that the DOS tells me we are in admin processing, I don't understand anything...

Same thing happened to an aquaintance, as I mentioned above. Her husband was told on Aug. 8th that he was approved, but is not in admin processing with no visa in sight.

Timeline:

May 2011 - engaged

Dec. 2011 - married

March 3, 2012 - NOA1

March 14, 2012 - NOA2

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well but I wish they would've at least given us some kind of paper that said we were approved but they didn't. In fact the guy told us that he was giving us a paper that demonstrated we had gone to the interview, which unfortunately we didn't read in the moment. Outside of the embassy we read it and it said that we were missing papers and so ineligible....and that we have to come back with the other papers. I thought that was also very strange. I emailed the Consulate about, but we'll see what they say.

I missed this post. It changes everything. You got a notice that the visa could not be issued until you submit the listed documents. Once you submit those documents, they will evaluate them and make a new visa decision. If that decision is positive, they'll issue the visa in due course.

Your failure to read and mention this 221g denial is akin to sending us on a wild goose chase ala "The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf" story. Read carefully, interpret literally and send what they say is missing. Then wait for your visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Pushbrk, I did not send you on a wild goose chase.

What I am saying is that the paper does not ask us to bring ANYTHING. The CO told us that NOTHING is missing, only that they could not print the visa immediately. On the paper, the only thing that is marked is that they cannot give us the visa at this time and that we have to wait. No documents are marked or written in that we have to supply. I can scan a copy of this paper if you want.

As I mentioned the same exact thing happened to a friend's husband: they told him everything was ok and that he was approved, but that they couldn't give him the visa for a month (and almost two months have passed since then).

I am wondering if putting everyone on administrative processing is their way to protect their behinds and so justify to the DOS why they are not giving visas (if it is really a printing problem). Again, to clarify, we were told in person "YOU ARE APPROVED. WE NEED NO OTHER DOCUMENTATION FROM YOU. BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT UP TO FIVE WEEKS TO GET THE VISA."

Timeline:

May 2011 - engaged

Dec. 2011 - married

March 3, 2012 - NOA1

March 14, 2012 - NOA2

Timeline

Givemegoodnews...I'll be sending you good vibes.

Sweetcheeksss....nope, it says something along the lines of "Consulate of the United States of American in Chile, Immigrant Visa Department" or something like that. It looks similar to this: http://www.***removed***/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=63&stc=1&d=1239557867

However, the only box marked is the one that says that they cannot give us the visa immediately because of elegibility or something like that. None of the other boxes about bringing in anything additional are marked. I will scan the document tomorrow and post here.

I insist, what seems bizarre to me is that the CO told us the embassy was having printing issues, that was the only hang-up, all of our documents were in order, so the fact that he gaves us that form just baffles me.

Timeline:

May 2011 - engaged

Dec. 2011 - married

March 3, 2012 - NOA1

March 14, 2012 - NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks, Chrismanilyn.

I just called DOS...the woman told us they have not made a decision and that our visa is under "Administrative Processing." How is this possible if the man told us yesterday in person that we were approved? What can we do at this point? Any advice, suggestions, good vibes?

Thanks

OK - well, there's casefile status . That'll suck for a bit - IMO/E - call back every few days and inquire again.

When you hear of 'visa approved' then later you'll hear of 'visa packet sent'

as for 'what is a timetick'

study here -> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=123539 and note the things on the left side of the page are 'timeticks'.

You just had the interview, so possible timeticks for you:

--visa packet sent

--administrative processing started

--administrative processing ended

--administrative review started

--administrative review ended

--visa denied

but note that those are POSSIBLE timeticks, in no particular order.

See? calling DoS Hotline was useful, you learned something (in real time) that the Embassy IV Unit won't bother to tell you at all - they won't tell you pro-actively .

Good Luck - no clue how long of a wait you'll have.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK - so reread that piece of paper,

it'll have:

1. what yer missing and

2. how to get it back to the IV unit.

Read it 4 times, if necessary, so that you understand EXACTLY what they want and understand EXACTLY the submittal procedure for the other documents.

Sorry.

Reading is important. Being able to regurgitate what you've read, is important here; those of us who help with triage need the COMPLETE picture.

With that said, is there anything else you might have missed to write about, here?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Wow that is crazy! Your right the US embassy in Chile takes at most 2 days to print the visa and then a few more days to deliver it. Everyone I've spoken to that lives close to Santiago has received it in 3-5 days max. I would email them and call them until they give me a real answer. This is unacceptable and someone needs to give you a real response. I mean if its broken how are they processing any visas at all? I really hope you get ur answer and visa soon.

Good luck lets hope they fix this!

event.png

event.png

Removal of Conditions
08/25/2015: I-751 Sent 08/28/2015: I-751 Delivered

09/04/2015: NOA1 Received 09/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
TBA: Interview Appointment TBA: Removal of Conditions Approved

AOS
06/11/2013: I-485 & I-765 Sent
06/13/2013: NOA1 Received (AOS & EAD)
07/11/2013: Biometrics Appointment 08/15/2013: EAD Approved
08/26/2013: EAD Card Received 09/16/2013: Interview Waived Letter Received
11/20/2013: AOS Approved

K-1
06/21/2012: I-129F Sent 06/27/2012: I-129F NOA1

12/21/2012: NVC Received 12/28/2012: NVC Left
01/07/2013: Consulate Received 02/27/2013: Interview Date

03/05/2013: Visa Received 03/15/2013: US Entry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How about scanning and posting the paper that you received. Block out the name and any numbers.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Lal & Susana, muchas gracias! That's exactly why this seems so strange.

Darnell - my intention was not to confuse or mislead. When I first posted on this site, we had JUST finished the interview, and I was so shaken and stressed that I forgot to mention an important element: the slip that they gave us. I am attaching the paper. Although it's in Spanish, I think it's understandable: it says that we have not presented the necessary documentation, but they also request NO additional documentation (there are no check marks).

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o714/lemayz13/Consulateform_zps39feb62f.jpg

When we asked about the slip, the CO simply told us that we in fact ARE approved, but because they are having some printing/admin problems at the Embassy, he has to give us this paper that proves that we came to the interview. We asked again, since it made no sense, but he said that that's the way it is, that we are approved, but he has to give us something while we wait the five or so weeks for the visa. He told us to not come back and not bring any other documents. He had everything he needed.

In fact, they gave us another slip (also attached) where we have to register with DHL so they can send us my husband's passport (again, all of this because supposedly everything is set).

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o714/lemayz13/dhl_zpsd3aa76d8.jpg

Will keep calling DOS, Darnell, as you say. Thanks also for the explanation of timeticks.

Still no email response from Consulate....

Timeline:

May 2011 - engaged

Dec. 2011 - married

March 3, 2012 - NOA1

March 14, 2012 - NOA2

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hang in there, for a little bit, keep calling for status.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.