r and m

K1 VISA

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I WAS MARRIED AND I APPLIED FOR HER VISA AND IT TOOK 3 AND HALF YEARS FOR THE APPROVEL AND ITS NOW IN THE NVC CENTER AND NOW AND I DIVORCED I DIDNT SEND THEM AFFIT DAVIT OR THE VISA FEE AND NOW I HAVE A FIENCI AND I WOULD LIKE TO FILE A K1 VISA FOR HER BUT WHAT CAN I DO TO END MY FIRST CASE AND WHAT WOULD I NEED FOR MY K1 CASE AND HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE FOR HER TO GET HER VISA AND WOULD IT HELP IF I BE IN HER INTERVIEW WITH HER AND WHAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME TO FILE OR SHOULD I HIRE A LAWYER TO FILE FOR ME PLEASE I NEED AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE AND SHE IS IN YEMEN THERE ARE ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THE GOVERNMENT THE PRESIDENT AND ITS A COMPLETE HACTIC THE COUNTRY IS VERY UNSECURE AND UNSAFE CAN I USE THAT FOR THEM TO EXPEDITE MY CASE PLUS I OWN A GAS STATION / CORPORATION I CANT LEAVE MY BUSINESS BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THE PROOF OF MY BUSINESS I CAN ONLY LEAVE FOR AT LEAST ONE WEEK THE WEEK OF HER INTERVIEW AND COME BACK WITH HER ITS VERY STRESSFUL I NEED HELP AND INFO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE I THANK EVERY ONE FOR THE HELP

Filed: Timeline

hhhmmm i'm kind of confused with your situation at first you file a cr1 then it was approved..then you guys file a divorce then decided to go on K1 visa :blink::wacko:

any reason why you file for divorce while in the process? are you talking about SAME person??

sorry i'm just lost :bonk:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

I divorced my first wife then I engaged a different women . And I would like to apply for her but how can I close my ex wife case which was i130 case

When they approved your I-130 petition, they sent you a notice of action (NOA 2 - I-797C). On it there is an address where you can write and withdraw your petition. Make sure to include that notice, divorce copy. Make another copy of the entire packet and send it to NVC.

In less than a month you will receive another mail from them saying you have withdrawn your petition. THEN you can file for I-129f for your fiancee.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Milimelo gave good advice.

Two things:

- you mention not being able to leave due to owning a business- does this mean you have not physically met your fiance in the last two years? This is a requirement.

- You say it took 3.5 years to get NOA2 for your first wife. This is extremely unusual. Either you are a greencard holder, in which case you cannot file for a K1, or something went wrong along the way. If the latter, be sure to read the Guides (see top of the page) and the forums before you file so no mistakes are made this time.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Milimelo gave good advice.

Two things:

- you mention not being able to leave due to owning a business- does this mean you have not physically met your fiance in the last two years? This is a requirement.

- You say it took 3.5 years to get NOA2 for your first wife. This is extremely unusual. Either you are a greencard holder, in which case you cannot file for a K1, or something went wrong along the way. If the latter, be sure to read the Guides (see top of the page) and the forums before you file so no mistakes are made this time.

It could be he's not a USC and just a green card holder in which case you can't file a K-1. If he is then 3 and 1/2 years is not unusual for Yemen if the beneficiary tests positive or admits to chewing khat, which most Yemenis do (except mine). They become inadmissible for 3 years and a waiver must be filed.

This could account for it, right Fayez? I'm just speculating of course, not knowing your wife. First you need to close your I-130 petition here. You can always call the NVC general helpline and ask how to close it. They can definitely tell you that since it's general information. Did you get legally divorced or just religiously? You need to make sure you have a divorce certificate signed by a JUDGE in Yemen. Hopefully your wife also wanted this divorce, or you will get a serious chewing out by the judge. "There is no act more detestable but still permitted by God as divorce... Blah blah blah." Not trying to be offensive, but in this day and age it's a moot point because many marriages end in divorce in much of the world - including Yemen. My love has been down that road.

You don't have any relatives or close friends who can take care of your business for a week or two? You should take the opportunity to spend time with your fiancee and her family. Make sure she is in it for the long haul because this process will take a while. And also realize that the Sanaa US Embassy is very suspicious of K-1 applications because they will believe you are already married unless you can prove otherwise. They are keenly aware of Yemeni cultures and customs. I'm not Yemeni and not Muslim so it doesn't really apply in my case.

On the K-1 there will be a part where you disclose if you've filed a visa application for someone else in the past. You obviously must give them the details and your fiancee must also be told everything about it because they will definitely ask about it at the interview. If I were you I would definitely attend the interview.

As for the lawyer, if your command of English isn't very strong (and from your post I tend to think it isn't) you can always hire one of those visa application companies (easy fiance visa, etc) to file the paperwork and tell you everything you need to collect. I hired a lawyer and not sure yet if it was worth the expense. Look through the K-1 guides on this site and on USCIS.gov carefully. They should answer most of your questions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I WAS MARRIED AND I APPLIED FOR HER VISA AND IT TOOK 3 AND HALF YEARS FOR THE APPROVEL AND ITS NOW IN THE NVC CENTER AND NOW AND I DIVORCED I DIDNT SEND THEM AFFIT DAVIT OR THE VISA FEE AND NOW I HAVE A FIENCI AND I WOULD LIKE TO FILE A K1 VISA FOR HER BUT WHAT CAN I DO TO END MY FIRST CASE AND WHAT WOULD I NEED FOR MY K1 CASE AND HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE FOR HER TO GET HER VISA AND WOULD IT HELP IF I BE IN HER INTERVIEW WITH HER AND WHAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME TO FILE OR SHOULD I HIRE A LAWYER TO FILE FOR ME PLEASE I NEED AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE AND SHE IS IN YEMEN THERE ARE ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THE GOVERNMENT THE PRESIDENT AND ITS A COMPLETE HACTIC THE COUNTRY IS VERY UNSECURE AND UNSAFE CAN I USE THAT FOR THEM TO EXPEDITE MY CASE PLUS I OWN A GAS STATION / CORPORATION I CANT LEAVE MY BUSINESS BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THE PROOF OF MY BUSINESS I CAN ONLY LEAVE FOR AT LEAST ONE WEEK THE WEEK OF HER INTERVIEW AND COME BACK WITH HER ITS VERY STRESSFUL I NEED HELP AND INFO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE I THANK EVERY ONE FOR THE HELP

Ok I came back to see I missed some information because it was so hard to read all caps and poor spelling. For first bold point - No. Unless your fiancee is in imminent danger herself being from an unstable country isn't grounds for expediting a petition. On to second bold point - it is VERY unlikely that she will get the visa within a week after her interview. Most cases from Yemen are put into MANDATORY A/R or A/P after the interview while the Consular Officers review the case and do further inquiries into her background. It is impossible to say how long this will take. For some it takes weeks, for others it takes years. It all depends on how busy the Embassy is and how long it takes to complete their investigation. If your fiancee is from the middle of nowhere without a birth certificate or any papers you're in for a long ride. Surely your fiancee can manage flying here herself. I know Islam says women can't travel alone but she'll only be in airports and I assure you PLENTY of Muslim women fly alone throughout the MENA region. She's an adult, right? Moving to the US is a huge decision on her part and will require her to learn to be more independent. I know it's a huge culture shock and it's not for everyone. If she's up for it then more power to her.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

i been in the u.s.a since i was four and yes im a u.s.a. citizen and i and my fienci are related from the same family yes we we have met in the last two years we know each other very well but when i was in yemen at that time i was married to my ex wife. is just know since i just bought a business its very hard to leave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.