Alex&Manny

He's gonna want a work permit ASAP.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi fellow VJers!

My future-hubby and I are anxiously awaiting his appointment day for his K1. (October 18th! Eek!)

I understand that if (and hopefully when!) he is approved we should marry as soon as possible. The next step is, to file for AOS. We got that part down. :thumbs:

But we are a bit confused on whether or not he will be able to work DURING his waiting time, which I'm reading is months and months. :blink:

My questions: 1.) Which of the many applications included in the AOS is specifically asking for a work permit and 2.) How long before said work permit is issued to him?

I don't think my guy has ever had a day off for as long as he can remember (and being so young!) and just the thought of being off work for more than a few weeks is driving him up the wall! :blush:

I'd appreciate any feedback/thoughts/advice!

XOXO

Edited by Alex&Manny

Timeline

I answered one of my own questions:

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization. :blush:

So now if someone could help me with the second question...

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 to AOS from Family visa as question pertains to that ****

3 months should do it for EAD

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I-765 (EAD) is approved in 2-3 months from the time you apply for it. Actually, it's closer to 2 months right now...

Take a look here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadlist.php?cfl=&op5=4,7,11,12

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 to AOS from Family visa as question pertains to that ****

3 months should do it for EAD

I see you are Irish also what part I am form Cobh in Dc now ..

Have a Great Day,

Regards

Mary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Plan for a 3 month wait after submitting the I-765. If it happens sooner, that's a bonus.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think he's just gonna have to take it as a nice little vacay, huh? :blush:

Thanks, everyone! :thumbs:

Yes. If he gets bored, have him fix all those little things around the house that need getting done. :D

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes. If he gets bored, have him fix all those little things around the house that need getting done. :D

We were just talking about that! While I'm at work he'll work on painting our apartment and other jobs like that. :yes:

"If plan A and plan B don't work out, there's always the rest of the alphabet." :thumbs:

XO

Yeah, my Mexicano has gone slightly crazy without being able to work (we're currently in Korea and he's on an economic dependent visa, not permitted to do any lucrative activity). We have a little kid so that helps him stay busy, but he also stays busy keeping the apartment in order, and he did an online certificate for his field of work, he's been studying Korean (in the past, he also studied some Portuguese, Italian, whatever other languages interested him). He plays in 3 expat soccer leagues and burns off extra energy that way. He gets frustrated, not gonna lie, but since this is the best way for our family to be together, he keeps his head up. :) Yours will, too.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Timeline

Yeah, my Mexicano has gone slightly crazy without being able to work (we're currently in Korea and he's on an economic dependent visa, not permitted to do any lucrative activity). We have a little kid so that helps him stay busy, but he also stays busy keeping the apartment in order, and he did an online certificate for his field of work, he's been studying Korean (in the past, he also studied some Portuguese, Italian, whatever other languages interested him). He plays in 3 expat soccer leagues and burns off extra energy that way. He gets frustrated, not gonna lie, but since this is the best way for our family to be together, he keeps his head up. :) Yours will, too.

Wow!! I'm glad your guy has found tons of hobbies! :thumbs:

Hopefully, Manuel will too just for a little while, while we sort everything out.

*That really got me thinking on him doing some studying in his down time to learn English. :yes: **

Thanks for the feedback. XO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.