display n

Glossy OR Matte ?

Paper Finish  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Glossy vs. Matte ?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody,

Here is my first question on VJ forums :)

My fiancee and I are in the stage of choosing what photo paper will be better for our photos in the "proof of meeting in the last 2 years" portion of our petition, Can anyone help on what finish looks best for 100+ photos, Glossy or matte?

Thank you all.

Edited by Ahmed n Margaret

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It doesn't matter as long as the pictures are clear. It is up to your personal preference. I had some of each.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

100 is overkill. They most likely will not look at more than few . Pick the best ones (15-20). type of paper does not matter. We had 10, they kept one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

100+ is way too much. Tonnage does not equal better. Submit a selection of photos that cover the entirety of your relationship. Several is a good amount.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

We had to choose from 3k photos so it was hard to neglect some important moments when we are together with family members in different places. And we were reading on here that front loading is a good thing when it comes to deal with consulates in high fraud countries.

100+ is way too much. Tonnage does not equal better. Submit a selection of photos that cover the entirety of your relationship. Several is a good amount.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It matters so little that some have even printed them side by side on plain paper and gotten approvals, allegedly.

I submitted a mix.

:thumbs: Agreed. We put about 60 photos in 2 small 4 X 6 albums. We also used a color copier and printed 2 to a page. The CO only wanted to look at the copies and never asked to see our ablums. And even then he only asked a couple of questions on maybe 3-4 pictures.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's true you should front-load, but don't go overboard or they might get irritated :lol: . I made color copies of about 8 photos. We weren't even together in several of the photos, but just standing in front of the same landmark or rented car :P. Only in two of the pictures were we together, and we had none of any family members at all. Just think in moderation. What they want to see, in my opinion, is down to earth, common sense decisions that the two of you are making and that your relationship seems sound.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Thank you all for your responses :)

We still insist on sending all of the pictures we chose, but from what we've read on other people's posts it seems that in many cases the consulates make their decisions even prior to any kinda direct contact with the couple or interview so since we are legitimate we do believe that more photos and more proofs we can submit won't hurt our process but less may have some pitfalls.

:lol:

This is a joke, right?

Not really otherwise we will need to post it on something like Jokejourney.com instead xD

Edited by Ahmed n Margaret

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you all for your responses :)

We still insist on sending all of the pictures we chose, but from what we've read on other people's posts it seems that in many cases the consulates make their decisions even prior to any kinda direct contact with the couple or interview so since we are legitimate we do believe that more photos and more proofs we can submit won't hurt our process but less may have some pitfalls.

Maybe so, but just pick the most important moments to represent what you want to express. I think we organized our case very well, and the easier it is for them to go through things, the better. I don't think it is a matter of inundating them with too much information, but concisely and accurately expressing your case. We had several red flags, which I thought would really hinder our case, but I think that they found us believable, because everything was clear and stated plainly.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You can print them on regular paper, 4 on each, save the money and take your soon to be wife out to dinner instead.

If your question had been regarding passport style photos, I'd have gone with matte.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.