gocky

Rejection Notice for I-765 fee

6 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello all,

This is for an application for change of status through marriage, i am the petitioner.

I hope someone can help me as i have called USCIS and they are a bit confused as to my rejection letter too.

I received my rejection letter yesterday I-797C, this is what it states:

"Recently, you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is

not required to process your application. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time.

Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees, and include all required supporting

documentation."

They did not send the full application back to me, just the I-765 check.

A. Do i wait to get the full package back in the mail, as my sealed Medical results are included?

(I only received my check for the I-765 in the letter).

B. What do they mean by "No additional action by you is required at this time?

C. I have also been offered a job during this time! can i accept? or do i need to wait for a registration number?

Thanks for your help anybody. I'm just a bit confused to my next move.

I-765 is free when submitted with a I-485. So, they sent the check back to you because it was extra. You need to wait for the EAD to be approved before you can work. Why do you say you are the petitioner, then ask about when you can work? I am confused on who is writing.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

There's something I don't get. You say you are the petitioner but you sound like you are the applicant. If you are, your US spouse is the petitioner (who petitions for you as a relative through marriage).

Which visa are you adjusting from? Which petition have you spouse filed?

Which forms have you sent? How much have you sent?

If you do not have a work authorization, you cannot work. I am not sure of what is your actual status in the US, but that will help if you answer the questions above. :)

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah, sorry! my bad...My wife is the petitioner.

Guess i sent in too much money. I thought (as i seen on Forums before i filed)

a fee was due for the I-765.

Sorry for the mix up, and be patient with people....we panic! its human nature.

Thanks for the reply's

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

**Moved from AOS family to AOS Work, Student & Visitor. According to profile information, the OP is adjusting status from a O-1 visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.