Gary and Alla

D + 4 years

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

4 Years ago today Alla arrived to assume her role as a "rich American Princess" She is still trying to find the man that will make her a rich American Princess. :unsure:

So far she is just an American. :whistle:

But she is my wife and it is nearly 4 years since we married (next Wednesday) and nearly 5 years since we met (next Wednesday) and she is every bit as beautiful and exciting and thrilling as the day she paralyzed me with her eyes in Prague, the moment I fell in love with her on the balcony of the National Museum and I am more in love with her than ever and she is still my "fiancee" and will be forever.

Thanks to all the great RUB members and best of luck to all of you in your lives with the most incredible women in the world!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary and I wish you many more!!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Fairy tales really do come true...lots of us on here are living proof (F) That's really beautiful ~ thank you for sharing. Much love and stay blessed always.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Congratulations on your happy marriage & Here's to many more years to come! :dancing:

I also arrived in US on September 11, 2008. My plane ticket was ridiculously cheap because nobody flew that day. Good for me! :)

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Gary,

Congratulations and All the best to you and Alla!

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

As always, Congrats to you and Alla and your family.

It's been our pleasure to become acquainted with you guys and we are following in your stead !!!

In most all ways !!!

(She's not a public skinny-dipper....but we have our own "magic pool") !!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Congratulations. Always nice to hear about a relationship on here that is a long term success.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

As always, Congrats to you and Alla and your family.

It's been our pleasure to become acquainted with you guys and we are following in your stead !!!

In most all ways !!!

(She's not a public skinny-dipper....but we have our own "magic pool") !!!

:) In Vermont, even "public" is pretty private. It is not densly populated in them thar streams. And good to see you guys doing so well and now Leonid is starting school. Great. I think he is a lucky young man.

And Brad, you and Vika have your own now to bring joy in your home. You once told me the hardest thing was getting used to the care they give us. That is true. I always have something she made for lunch as she does not want me eating "horrible food".

Alla and I committed to each other, not to some vows that someone else made up and we think that is important. We committed to each other with our own promises we know we can keep. All I know is when I had a heart attack and woke up from surgery, I saw Alla's eyes looking directly into mine and all 4 boys in the room with me having come from all over the USA and world. She never left me in the hospital and one night, I guess I stirred around, she asked "how are you" I said I was cold. She stood up, took off her clothes and got in that bed with me, pulled up my gown and warmed me like she always does. A nurse came in and was a bit alarmed...Alla told her "this is my husband, I sleep with my husband"

If she wanted another wardrobe built tomorrow I will go out and chew down the tree, hack it into boards with a butter knife and build it for her! When I was no good to anyone in the world for anything, she and the boys were there. I don't forget that. No one should forget what they did to be together. We are not like normal families, we have a lot more to be thankful for. The quantum physicis alone boggle my mind and I cannot think of the fact that any one of 1 million things would have, could have, prevented me from ever meeting this wonderful woman...but they didn't happen and I feel like I won the lottery or something.

And Visa Journey was such a blessing. Heck, when I asked this Goddess to marry me I did not even know there WAS such a thing as a K-1 visa. :lol: Right after getting engaged I thought "Gee, I have to figure out how to get her here" I googled something and VJ popped up and I have been loyal ever since!

Again, best to all of you.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Congrats Gary and Alla! I'm glad things are wonderful for you two. You've been a big help to me on this website in the past.

I'm 3 months away from my 1st wedding anniversary and things have been very well for us. We are about to buy our first home together in a month.

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

G-Bone, your words here need to be enshrined in the VJ Pantheon of All-Time Posts, si man. Congratulations and many more years to you + A-Bone!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I don't forget that. No one should forget what they did to be together. We are not like normal families, we have a lot more to be thankful for. The quantum physics alone boggles my mind and I cannot think of the fact that any one of 1 million things would have, could have, prevented me from ever meeting this wonderful woman...but they didn't happen and I feel like I won the lottery or something.

Isn't this the truth.

I can only hope that other couples realize all this, the privilege our immigration laws provide to us, and the commitment to the relationship that is so necessary.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

G-Bone, your words here need to be enshrined in the VJ Pantheon of All-Time Posts, si man. Congratulations and many more years to you + A-Bone!

T-Bone, you and Mrs T are probably the most inspirational couple on VJ IMHO. Sure we all do a lot to be with our loved ones but you had things more difficult than the rest of us and did not give up. Like a good Texican, of course. :D Go to the Texas Rangers Museum in Waco, there is a statue of a 9 ft. tall ranger and at the bottom it says

"No one can stop a man that is in the right...and keeps coming"

I hope someday (soon) Mrs. T takes her US passport down to those people and says "Take THAT, you bastards!" :lol:

Another couple that I admire is Baron and Alla. Not because of troubles with the consulate (RUB folks have it pretty easy in that regard) but because of what they did for that lucky young man they are raising who will learn to shoot and fish instead of play golf. :P And for putting him before themselves which is what you have to do with kids. Take pleasure in that, Phil, and you will always be happy. My investment porfolio holds stock in Scott, Andrew, Sergey and Pavel and I am the richest man in the world!

All of you guys are great and everyone has their own challenges they overcome and for those in the process...you do overcome the challenges and it makes you stronger as a couple, I believe.

Gary And Alla

And Brad, you and Vika have your own now to bring joy in your home. You once told me the hardest thing was getting used to the care they give us. That is true. I always have something she made for lunch as she does not want me eating "horrible food".

Alla and I committed to each other, not to some vows that someone else made up and we think that is important. We committed to each other with our own promises we know we can keep. All I know is when I had a heart attack and woke up from surgery, I saw Alla's eyes looking directly into mine and all 4 boys in the room with me having come from all over the USA and world.

When I was no good to anyone in the world for anything, she and the boys were there. I don't forget that. No one should forget what they did to be together. We are not like normal families, we have a lot more to be thankful for. The quantum physicis alone boggle my mind and I cannot think of the fact that any one of 1 million things would have, could have, prevented me from ever meeting this wonderful woman...but they didn't happen and I feel like I won the lottery or something.

And Visa Journey was such a blessing. Heck, when I asked this Goddess to marry me I did not even know there WAS such a thing as a K-1 visa. :lol: Right after getting engaged I thought "Gee, I have to figure out how to get her here" I googled something and VJ popped up and I have been loyal ever since!

Again, best to all of you.

I altered the quote a bit, and put this up for consideration Hang in there! I posted the attached link over in General Immigration - thinking to encourage folks with issues going through their process. It seems to work here too.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.